What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 3
Wests Tigers v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Sunday 31 March 2019

Gates 10:45am / Flegg 11:05am / Canterbury Cup 1:50pm / NRL 4:05pm

TL-WST19.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. Mahe Fonua 3. Robert Jennings 4. Esan Marsters 5. Corey Thompson 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Luke Garner 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Russell Packer 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Paul Momirovski 19. Josh Reynolds 20. Matt Eisenhuth 21. Chris McQueen

TL-CBY19.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. Jayden Okunbor 3. Kerrod Holland 4. Will Hopoate 5. Reimis Smith 6. Kieran Foran 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Adam Elliot
Interchange: 14. Michael Lichaa 15. Ofahiki Ogden 16. Rhyse Martin 17. Chris Smith 19. Jack Cogger 20. Marcelo Montoya 21. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 22. Sauaso Sue

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Grant Atkins, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Wests Tigers feeder clubs: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup); Wests Tigers (NSWRL: U20 Jersey Flegg); Balmain Tigers (NSWRL: U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Bulldogs feeder clubs: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Draws available at http://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​

Last edited by a moderator:

west4ever

Juniors
Tigers 13+ I’m going to the game and like I said before I have a good record when going to the games

The unknown

Juniors
This is the sort of game we usually drop. Hopefully Madge gets their mind on the job and we should win easily

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Only half seriously...i wouldnt mind giving Benji the week off and bringing Reynolds in for this one against his old club...the team would lift for him and i think it would all but guarantee the win no matter what the dogs bring.

See a psychologist. Just kidding, I'm sure you're all there... but seriously.

We are third in the NRL for attack and you would change a winning formula purely because a guy thats barely played first grade in two years is versing his old club...?

Reynolds was great today in reggies, and if Madge feels there's a bench spot for him against the smallish Dogs pack that might be a plus, but if not I'm confident we can get the W and changing our flying team for no reason would be insanity of the highest degree.

Das Hassler

Bench
See a psychologist. Just kidding, I'm sure you're all there... but seriously.

We are third in the NRL for attack and you would change a winning formula purely because a guy thats barely played first grade in two years is versing his old club...?

Reynolds was great today in reggies, and if Madge feels there's a bench spot for him against the smallish Dogs pack that might be a plus, but if not I'm confident we can get the W and changing our flying team for no reason would be insanity of the highest degree.

No I certainly wouldnt be changing anything for change sake...of course that would be absurd...just musing that if Benji WAS going to be paced through a long hard season this would be one game that it might work well....and still only half serious

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
How good is young Tom Mikaele?! So good to have a big, young, hungry prop that just runs it up. Anyone miss that tranny looking pillow Karen Woods who would lumber into the line like a drunkard into Scary Canary at 3am on a Saturday?

I've had years of therapy to remove those visions from my brain!

Our middle forwards are so much better. I'll give Cleary points for not playing the game with Sharon. Not signing him has made us a much better team.

How good though has Aloiai been. You need some forwards who can have an impact on the game and all our bench forwards can come on and add something to the team.

In years past I would be nervous.

I really think Madge will have the boys up for this one. I expect the Dogs will improve a little since they've got a few games under the belt, but I don't expect them to trouble us.

But, as they say a week is a long time in Rugby League.

Das Hassler

Bench
I also have to wonder how much of an effect playing against his little brother will have on Benji's game. Apparantly JMK will be starting ...Benj said he enjoyed it last year but it wont want to distract him this weekend as that's all Reynolds will need.

Vozzy

Juniors
It's proven so far that having 4 forwards on the bench is the right way especially if they add something different to the starting pack. So far the starting pack just hits it up for 30min. Then when the opponent is tired our bench comes on and we have second fade play and forwards running at angles with decoys. Madge has definitely been quick to adjust to the new style of flowing play. Manly and warriors have had bigger packs and have not lasted the 80. Warriors only have one player run for 90m yesterday.

So no need to change anything and put a utility on. We will have injuries like every side and Reyonalds is a good back up to have at this stage.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's proven so far that having 4 forwards on the bench is the right way especially if they add something different to the starting pack. So far the starting pack just hits it up for 30min. Then when the opponent is tired our bench comes on and we have second fade play and forwards running at angles with decoys. Madge has definitely been quick to adjust to the new style of flowing play. Manly and warriors have had bigger packs and have not lasted the 80. Warriors only have one player run for 90m yesterday.

So no need to change anything and put a utility on. We will have injuries like every side and Reyonalds is a good back up to have at this stage.

I completely agree with this. The current approach may falter at some point but it's working exceptionally well at the moment.

Our bench is giving us impact. Look at Chee-Kam yesterday. He only had like 10 minutes but he ran hard and quick and he made a difference.

super_coach

First Grade
These games are always danger games at this time of the year. Our players would have had over a week of reading and hearing glowing reports on there two games. On the other side the Dogs are copping a pasting from all quarters. Rounds one thru six, any team can beat any team. Bounce of the ball, run of the green and attitude make the difference.

I guess all you can go is form, so hard to see us not getting the bacon, but it’s a real danger game

BrotherJim05

Bench
I read somewhere that when Madge congratulated Reynolds on his performance, Reynolds admitted it was the first full game he had played in 2 years, and Madge basically said "well there you go".

Benji is not our long term 5/8, Reynolds has every opportunity to play his way back into the team and cement a spot as our long term 5/8. He knows his career is on the line so he will give every game 1000%.

It's not a matter of if, its simply a matter of when.

Tigerm

First Grade
I read somewhere that when Madge congratulated Reynolds on his performance, Reynolds admitted it was the first full game he had played in 2 years, and Madge basically said "well there you go".

Benji is not our long term 5/8, Reynolds has every opportunity to play his way back into the team and cement a spot as our long term 5/8. He knows his career is on the line so he will give every game 1000%.

It's not a matter of if, its simply a matter of when.
Couldn't agree more with this, I am sure I read when Benji came over that he knew he was behind Josh in the pecking order, injuries changed that, but now competition for the spot will get the best out of both of them.

trevcogger

Juniors
How good is young Tom Mikaele?! So good to have a big, young, hungry prop that just runs it up. Anyone miss that tranny looking pillow Karen Woods who would lumber into the line like a drunkard into Scary Canary at 3am on a Saturday?

I've had years of therapy to remove those visions from my brain!

I had almost forgotten Sharon Hillbilly Pillow Woods until I saw him on 7 news tonight.
He must hate wearing a 16 jersey every week now.
He wouldn’t make our 17 anymore anyway.