What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
AJ is a worry, his hands are are about as soft as a statue, as for wingers we still have EG and AF ,surely they offer more than this bloke.

AF looked average in a side that piled on 50 points

Dropping Kepoa probably means BJ back in > Talau wing and i don't think i'm ready for that lazy sack of shit to be back in the side just yet

stryker

First Grade
A win seems to cover up a lot of cracks with you lot. We were pure shit for our third game in a row. We are lucky that we faced a team that was down seven first choice players and played an absolute shocker. Their milli vanilli centre and gehamat pairing were incredibly shit and cost them 2 comp points. It doesn't help that we have a winger that would make Jackson Kaufusi would look like a superstar. We have a shitload of work to do.
I agree. Our game today as a whole was sub par.
The top sides would have smashed both sides out there today.
A win is a win but that was garbage.

Tiger05

First Grade
We won and there was plenty to like. The spine were much improved. Douiehi was really good. Brooks, Liddle and Laurie were all good. Stefano is a beast.

Admittedly our opposition were a step down in class on the first two round opponents but there was improvement in the teams effort today, it’s good we got a win but there is still a lot of work to be done to get better.

stryker

First Grade
I disagree Liddell played well.
His service from dummy half is still very slow and ill directed. Today instead of throwing forward passes he threw them too far behind the receivers. I can see why there was an altercation pre season over his service. It is lacking.

Douehi played well and so did Laurie and the pack.

Tigerm

First Grade
We got a win. We weren't good but there is some talent in that side. Douiehi is a really good player. Brooks was calm and did everything right. Laurie is real good. Roberts and Nofo look dangerous.

Garner was really good.
I think someone else has already mentioned it, but the spine has the makings to be very good this season and beyond.

Tigerm

First Grade
I've conceded we were garbage but I would rather play like garbage and take the 2 points, than play like garbage and lose

Round 3 remember. Plenty of work to do
I don’t think we were garbage, we are certainly a work in progress, most teams are? but remember the knights ran over the top of us twice last year and are expected to be top 8 team this year, we should improve on this as the year progresses imo.

Plus we have some goal kickers for a change.

Still very hopeful about making the 8.

TIGER14

Bench
Spot on, bt.
If we were to do a comparison on AJ vs Gebbie . . . . all the positives and negatives, upside and present form . . . surely, SURELY Gebbie would come out the clear winner ?

You mean the bloke that hasn't played footy for 12
months and has barely been training? Yeah, nah. Gebbie won't be playing first grade this year.

I thought Pearce had too much ball on the fourth tackle in the first half

Wtf he’s their most lethal player on his 300th dog shagging and they kept him under lock and key here and there.

Tex is going to be a superstar but he had a twylight zone game.

Madge was right when he said that we almost started to look composed at times!

We kept going and we won. Shock horror!

I’ll take it because we played a bit better. It was good to see Mbye almost score. That’s progress, in our own muddle headed and f**ked up way, we were trying to put them to the sword. We failed in spectacular fashion.....but at least we had a go.

TIGER14

Bench
I disagree Liddell played well.
His service from dummy half is still very slow and ill directed. Today instead of throwing forward passes he threw them too far behind the receivers. I can see why there was an altercation pre season over his service. It is lacking.

Douehi played well and so did Laurie and the pack.
Next week I'd be dropping AJ, moving Talau to the wing and putting Mbye at centre. Jake Simpkin gets the open spot on the bench.

Liddle's dummy half service really struggles to get us on the front foot. We need better speed and direction than he can provide.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s such a disadvantage for us to have a hooker that has no impact on the game...Then Mbye comes on (I’m not sure if he went to hooker but) surely Simpkin would be a better idea as a second hooker at least he’d do more than just pass the ball..
Your right STP Madge will prob stick with AJ?
Lauries a superstar..he prob won’t drop a ball all season and he has no fear...but he’s also got what Benji has, an awareness of 1-2 of options that are available when he gets the ball...pity he can’t play 6 as well..

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
AJ has hands for feet

Mbye has shit dummy half service

Shibasaki was tigers best player today

Laurie is such a good fullback. We need more of this type of player

i agree that Mbyes service was ordinary, it seemed as if the halves were standing 5 metres too wide. Mbye was continually having to pass 15m to hit a half, it’s too much, we need to bring them a player closer, this is crucial in terms of giving the halves the ball before the defence is on top of them