What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 3
Wests Tigers v Warriors
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Friday 25 March 2022

NRL kickoff 6:00pm

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Oliver Gildart 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Jackson Hastings 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Stefano Utoikamanu 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Alex Twal 16. Zane Musgrove 17. Jake Simpkin 18. Thomas Mikaele 19. Jock Madden 20. Alex Seyfarth 21. Starford To'a 22. Tukimihia Simpkins 23. Austin Dias 24. Ruatapu Ngatikaura

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Adam Pompey 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Rocco Berry 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Matt Lodge 11. Euan Aitken 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Josh Curran
Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Bunty Afoa 16. Aaron Pene 17. Bayley Sironen 18. Jack Murchie 20. Ben Murdoch-Masila 21. Taniela Otukolo 22. Pride Petterson-Robati 23. Peesi Kepu 24. Junior Ratuva 25. Edward Kosi

A-REF-G-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Darian Furner
Video Referee: Matt Noyen

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 - Times AEDT
Canberra v Wests Tigers / Western Suburbs at GIO Stadium, Saturday
Flegg 3:35pm / Cup 5:15pm

- Lower Grades: QLD Cup & Colts U21 - Times AEST
Norths v Redcliffe at Bishop Park, Cup 2:10pm Sunday
Colts season kickoff 2 April​

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It's only R3, and we are in a world of strife with injury and suspensions already. Obviously, our blokes need to step up, if they can?

Injured: Doueihi, Talau, Liddle?, Kepaoa, Blore.
MIA: Tamou, Garner, Simpkins
Suspended: Hastings
WTF: Laurie, Brooks, Peachey, Hastings imo, need to start earning their pay.

FRIDAY MARCH 25

Wests Tigers vs Warriors at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, 6.00pm

Predicted Tigers team
: 1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Oliver Gildart 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Jock Madden 7. Luke Brooks 8. Alex Twal 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Stefano Utoikamanu 11. Kelma Tuilagi 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Zane Musgrove 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Thomas Mikaele

Team Tips: Jackson Hastings is facing up to three weeks on the sidelines for a lifting tackle on Knights fullback Tex Hoy, bringing Jock Madden into the fold to pair Brooks. According to The Daily Telegraph, Jacob Liddle is a “strong chance” of returning this week in place of Jake Simpkin. James Tamou’s return remains a mystery.

WA Tiger

Bench
Tyrone Peachy in the halves.. It can’t be any worse than it is and Peachy may be a bit more focused there....You’d have to start trying things now surely coz it’s now or never for Madge.
Madge would never do it tho.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Tyrone Peachy in the halves.. It can’t be any worse than it is and Peachy may be a bit more focused there....You’d have to start trying things now surely coz it’s now or never for Madge.
Madge would never do it tho.

I think Peachey could do the job but how many brain explosions does he get away with until he gets the sack.

Tiger05

First Grade
Someone has to start taking educated risks in this club. From top to bottom..

I don't think the club has been doing that poorly but the on field results are unacceptable. We've signed Api and Papalli for next season. I think Hastings looks like a quality signing. I think Gildart may come good as well.

The big change on the field that I think will happen this season is to drop Brooks and have Hastings and Doueihi as our halves. I think everything else requires the players to play smarter.

Just to be clear I'd sack Peachey this week. He is playing like it's a joke and that is unacceptable.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't think the club has been doing that poorly but the on field results are unacceptable. We've signed Api and Papalli for next season. I think Hastings looks like a quality signing. I think Gildart may come good as well.

The big change on the field that I think will happen this season is to drop Brooks and have Hastings and Doueihi as our halves. I think everything else requires the players to play smarter.

Just to be clear I'd sack Peachey this week. He is playing like it's a joke and that is unacceptable.
Top paragraph: That’s Recruitment. It’s not the real risks I refer to. With the right checks and knowledge of players, recruitment is just every day business as usual, although obviously there is some risk there

Paragraph 2: that’s a risk, in some peoples minds (unbelievably) and is what Im referring to

Paragraph 3: Hence the need to at least try Peachy in the halves, where he’s played before, where we are desperate for someone to have an impact, by at times having the confidence and vision, to take risks when they see an opportunity, before he gets the sack…

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
05 This doesn’t have to launch into a fully blown argument. Just my thoughts, if you don’t mind

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Paragraph 3: Hence the need to at least try Peachy in the halves, where he’s played before, where we are desperate for someone to have an impact, by at times having the confidence and vision, to take risks when they see an opportunity, before he gets the sack…

I like this idea. I also like playing him at lock even for the whole game.

I also agree something has to change and you'll love this the coaching staff need to do something. Just for once I'd like us to look like a well prepared disciplined team that can defend a mistake or two.

Shredder

Juniors
Moving the same players around every week isn't going to change the outcome.

Coaches used to talk about players doing the 1%ers right. Cleaning up tackles, backing up, running as a dummy player with conviction the stuff that people don't notice. Not ONE of our f**k wits do this.

Tigerm

First Grade
I see they have named Hastings in the 6 jumper? Have I missed something?

Good to see Liddle back and Tamou and Garner finally getting a run?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I see they have named Hastings in the 6 jumper? Have I missed something?

Good to see Liddle back and Tamou and Garne in ally got a run?
Looks like they're contesting the grading at the tribunal so he gets off with a monetary fine instead of missing games. The trial is tonight I believe. Worth the gamble as he's our best player so far (which isn't saying much, granted).

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Love to see Hastings get off the suspension and just cop a fine- but we are WT and I expect no favours from the NRL set up- he will probably be convicted of murder and end in goal for 20 years min :) . The team will no doubt be hopefully quite a bit different to that originally posted.

However, its a home game at Campbelltown, one of our fortresses, so I expect WT to play Warriors into form with a 30-10 shellacking of WT. I'd love a WT win and Campbelltown but just cant see it at the moment- too many players out injured, too disorganised, Brooks as usual misfiring, Hastings probably out, leaderless and unable to support or carry out gameplans (even if they have any). Maguire surely needs the win but I just cant see it at this stage.

Latest posts