What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton

Who will win? Round 5: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
What has Ofa done to not get a game? Probably our best last year, and now turfed after a couple of games. Yet, the usual suspects keep getting picked after years of mediocrity.
Probably punishment for telling some home truths in that Canterbury game

Perth Tiger

Bench
With Brooks getting name I will most likely skip this thrashing. But I am interested in seeing how Matamua goes, we are so lacking a modern ball playing 13 and he appears to be our only hope

Pezz70

Juniors
I think this is a nicely balanced side. Trouble is one step either way they fall off the perch😂. Seriously I could cop a bench of Offa, Stefano, Simpkins (Blore)and Toa (although I’d prefer Talau is available). Gives us some
Options if a back goes down we bring on talau if a forward goes down we move Kepaoa to the backrow. If hooker goes down brooks to hooker, Doueihi to 5/8, Staines to fullback, it gives us lots of options. Good balance. Having a hooker on the bench is stupid.

Last edited:
We have to hope we get APIs combinations right.

I really like our pack. Bateman and Paps should make life pretty unpleasant for them.

Winning this game would right a lot of wrongs and we are long overdue for some good luck.

Perhaps it’s Tuki time?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
We're coming off back-to-back wins against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium. Both by healthy margins. Let's hope the trend continues and they decide to put in an 80 minute effort.

Brooks, FMD. Well if he's not going to get dropped then I at least hope we see him NOT put in any kicks and cut-out passes, NO directing the team around, and certainly no feeding scrums. When he runs he looks somewhat dangerous. I want to see Wakeham more involved. Let Api run the team.

This club is killing me. FML.

big hit!

Bench
What makes people think any exec at the club will allow Brooks to be dropped after 4 rounds? You cross out a $1.2m player, that's 10% of your salary cap. Folks on excel spreadsheets want as much of the cap playing throughout the season. Laurie, Joffa and Nofa have all been dropped and already affecting these calcs.

Ralph the Tigers die-hard has given up on us this year.

Blaming Tim for the whole mess, thinks he’s not moving quickly enough. Wants him sacked.

I’m blaming the board.

I’ll probably listen to the match on the wireless as a nod to Tuki.

I wouldn't rule us out of this even though it's 4-0 v 0-4.

Remember, the Wests Tigers are ALWAYS in a f**ken game View attachment 71870

I’m meeting the downcast (loss) and the delusional (win) half way. Thus the wireless.

if we get slaughtered, I will put my poll up and the panel here can vote me onto another club for the season.

I don’t care where I end up, I’ll just learn their ways and sit in a dark corner.

I’ll keep the avatar as a tribute to our forum.

If through some miracle we win, I don’t want to hear any claims of us “ turning the corner”, “ finals bound” “ told you so” and the rewriting of history.

And I think we will be entitled to be pissed off if it’s a close one and Tim gets gets his rotations wrong again.

It’s bad enough we have to stomach Brooksy starting and I’m hoping it’s a decoy to put the Broncos off their game.