What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Cronulla @ PointsBet Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Cronulla v Wests Tigers

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 5
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Wests Tigers
PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware (TICKETS)
Sunday 10 April 2022

U21 Jersey Flegg 1:45pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Braden Hamlin-Uele 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Aiden Tolman 15. Cameron McInnes 16. Braydon Trindall 17. Andrew Fifita 18. Jack Williams 19. Mawene Hiroti 20. Lachlan Miller 21. Royce Hunt 22. Jonaiah Lualua 23. Kade Dykes 24. Franklin Pele

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Oliver Gildart 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Jock Madden 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Kelma Tuilagi 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Alex Twal 16. Luke Garner 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Starford To'a 19. Jake Simpkin 20. Thomas Mikaele 21. Austin Dias 22. Tukimihia Simpkins 23. Junior Tupou 24. Ruatapu Ngatikaura

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Nick Beashel
Video Referee: Steve Chiddy

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Newtown v Wests at Henson, Cup Sat 3pm
Cronulla v Wests Tigers at Pointsbet, Flegg Sun 1:45pm​

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Obviously we'll lose but it will be a good test for our defence. We've only conceeded 3 tries in 2 weeks and all were off kicks with 2 having a huge amount of luck. If we can keep the sharks to 3 or 4 tries I'll be reasonably satisfied.

A few hours away from seeing if Madge is going to stick with what hasn't worked or try something different.
Or because they were in front at the 78 minute last week, will he say they all deserve another chance.

WA Tiger

Bench
Roberts is fine. Him and Nofo are improving each week and were the wow factor last week. For any team that wins, amoungst other things, its because of a standout player or 2 with the X factor that can pull tries out of their arse..They are it, I’m afraid.

Toa has to play tho, or at least be tried,but it’s not going to happen

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Roberts is fine. Him and Nofo are improving each week and were the wow factor last week. For any team that wins, amoungst other things, its because of a standout player or 2 with the X factor that can pull tries out of their arse..They are it, I’m afraid.

Toa has to play tho, or at least be tried,but it’s not going to happen
Wow, these merkins are garbage!

That sort of wow factor?

Tigers1986

Juniors
SMH picking the same 17 yet again. And these basket cases extended Brooks' option so we're stuck with him until next season as well? Ugggghhhhhhhhh.

Cronulla by 40+. Hynes to have a blinder.

Tigerm

First Grade
Toa, Rua, Simpkins
I think the Hooker and 2nd/Row positions are not a problem, though agree that Rua could come in, in front of Simpkin? But I don't see that as making a huge difference, imo, it's the attacking players 6 & 7 that are the problems?

I do think To'a is in the picture at FB, if DL doesn't start delivering, it will be sooner rather than later?

But overall, there is not a lot of pressure coming from the lower grades from what I can see?

WA Tiger

Bench
Toa at Fullback Laurie in the halves.That has to be at least looked at regardless of if Brooks is on a $mil and how bad it looks.. it’s been done before. Its one of multiple options that could be tried but won’t be until Madge leaves. Confidence is the main thing missing tho. That won’t change until Madge leaves either, regardless of the players “love” for him.
All eyes on Sheens now. What’s he and whoever he’s giving feedback to, made of.

Last edited:
This is the sort of match where we might be able to arse our way to a win. Or Cronulla failing their way to a loss. Either that or they'll win by 50. You almost shed a tear looking at their team and then ours. That's if you still care

Latest posts