What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Gold Coast @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight76

Juniors
The club had no hardened, go forward props for years, we sign literally the best one in the game, and you want to get rid of him. Turn it up.

Lol, seriously some people. Klem is consistently our best forward churning out the most meters per game but nup, get rid of that bloke because we have two others. D.Saf who admittedly has been having a good year so far, and J.Saf who hasn't been as good as D.Saf at all yet.

But we don't need Klem!

Unbelievable.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Positive: Bulldogs have scored more points against Melbourne than they did against Newcastle.

Doesn’t that make us all feel better now?

Seage

Juniors
It's completely baseless, but I just don't feel comfortable when they pan to the coaches box and you see Seibold in O'Brien's ear. Guy has a bad aura around him and his bad luck is permeating us.

Old dog

Juniors
We were ordinary today with glimpses of good to very good along with ugly bits that compounded our problems. The kick off was terrible and then got worse, we lacked a driving force, Pearce, he is all go go go and lifts players efforts, we seemed leaderless, as a leader/captain DanS dropped his bundle more than once and Klem got out powered. Brailey is a quiet hard working type but not inspirational but was our best forward in the 13. Barnett took over playing what was originally Randall’s job, kicking etc, not his style, bad kicks or caught in possession, Friz tried hard maybe too hard and made mistakes, had a terrible time controlling Fifita with Watson, Schibs and Toa as his assistants. Green is short of match fit and needs better around him. Tuala and Hunt had some ok to good moments, Hunt slightly better, Ponga was in need of the run, shoulder looked a worry, went in awkwardly a few times, his try was good with assistance from Hunt and Jones, threatened at other times. Bench was good and strong, not great, that was Jones best in top grade, King was solid, Sue keeps surprising me and Saulo tried hard. Randall was good while he lasted, why isn’t he in top 30.
Good news only 1 injury but JSaf, Mann and possibly Best back please be cautious with him, get him right/fit

Knight76

Juniors
Man I wish I didn’t get invested in this team as much as I should. Constantly getting excited to watch the boys play every week, and then getting disappointed more often than not, Is downright depressing. I just want one f$&:ng year of consistency :sweat:

Same, before the game I was rushing home to get here before kickoff and not miss anything.

It's a tragic state to be in for this team.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I was worried before kick off that last weeks game may take a big toll on the game today. The dragons and knight’s absolutely belted each other for the best part of 80 minutes. It was one of the most physical games I’ve seen in a while and players had to do long minutes due to injuries, hopefully we’ll freshen up better for the Sharks game.

perverse

Referee
Sitting at 11th. 8 to 11 on 4 points. Wests can move into that group.
It's not that bad except for the run coming up.
It's bad because you need to win the games against the teams you're competing against for those spots - because I can't see us pulling too many upsets against quality opposition. We could still be on 4 points after the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Spot On

Coach
Storm professional? They've conceeded 3 tries against the Bulldogs

No pro team does that

Yeah...like totally dude.

Spose you can do whatever the f**k you like when you have a team that puts 50+ points on the board and has made 4 out of the last GFs.

We'll put 50 points on a side one day... should be our round 23 when we play the Dogs again. No excuses.

...hopefully we'll have put the image of Tara Reid behind us by then.

Yeah...like totally dude.

Spose you can do whatever the f**k you like when you have a team that puts 50+ points on the board and has made 4 out of the last GFs.

We'll put 50 points on a side one day... should be our round 23 when we play the Dogs again. No excuses.

...hopefully we'll have put the image of Tara Reid behind us by then.
Bugger me you know how to simultaneously miss a joke and then make a joke of yourself. Special skill that

Bravo

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was worried before kick off that last weeks game may take a big toll on the game today. The dragons and knight’s absolutely belted each other for the best part of 80 minutes. It was one of the most physical games I’ve seen in a while and players had to do long minutes due to injuries, hopefully we’ll freshen up better for the Sharks game.

I think there’s a lot of truth in this. Our forwards have all played pretty big minutes so far this season and our front rowers especially were probably gassed after last week not to mention the physicality of the Dragons game. I’m not giving them an out but maybe not that surprising that they were a bit flat this week.

Spot On

Coach

Possibly an excuse for a couple of our blokes, Dan in particular, but absolutely no worries for the Dragons as we saw tonight. They simply picked up where they left off and went up a gear in the middle.

Rod

Bench
As we always say, we don't mind losing if the team has a crack and it really looked like half of the team were disinterested from the get go. That part is hard to stomach given it was a perfect opportunity to answer the adversity with a gutsy performance.

The annoying thing is that if they had shown up even 25% more they would have been in the game. The Titans weren't even that good and a more dangerous attacking team would have split them open multiple times I feel. Even as bad as we played, it should have been 26-18 with plenty of time left when Tuala scored. I still can't fathom how they justify taking that try away, but the refereeing in general has been pretty horrific this year IMO.

Also worth noting that after that try was disallowed and Barnett got caught with the ball for the changeover, that was actually the 5th tackle and not the last. So yet another reffing balls-up that we were on the receiving end of. You can argue we didn't deserve to win but when you're trying to cause an upset those kind of decisions are just salt in the wound.

The Shibasaki-Toa side can't continue. It is a complete disaster, even average backs are tearing them to shreds, imagine what the good teams will do. Best is back next week which helps, as I said last week I would consider putting Mann into the centres as well.

Positives are that the bench really stood up, we didn't lose anything there although DSaf having his worst game in a long time sort of cancelled that out. Also, Brailey continues to be excellent, his decision-making of when to run and when to hit the short man (e.g. the Randall try) is top notch.

Latest posts