What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 5
Wests Tigers v Canberra Raiders
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah
Saturday 13 June 2020

TL-WST20.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Thomas Mikaele 15. Russell Packer 16. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Benji Marshall 19. Luke Garner 20. Billy Walters 21. Corey Thompson

TL-CAN20.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Curtis Scott 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Joseph Tapine 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Corey Horsburgh
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Emre Guler 16. Iosia Soliola 17. Jordan Rapana 18. Tom Starling 19. Matt Frawley 20. Ryan Sutton 21. Michael Oldfield

dgfnSr0.jpg

Referees: Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

The unknown

Juniors
I just don’t even see us getting close lol.

Raiders will be fckn pissed after their performance v knights and they’re way better than us. Sucks we are in the firing line

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m still in the in the ‘I’m never watching these useless merkins again’ phase

They’ll probably put in a great performance, just to make me hate them even more

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm tipping a bounce back by a Benji FG. Though the Raiders losing last game does not help matters.

Wizardman

First Grade
According to Wests Tigers history, this will be our annual assreaming from Canberra game. 24+ point loss

The annual 50 point hiding
looking back;
Rd 13 - 0-28 loss at Bankwest
Rd 18 - 12-20 loss at GIO Stadium

Rd 15 - 12-48 loss at Campbelltown
Rd 22 - 22-20 win at GIO Stadium (note, Russel Packer was captain)

Rd 3 - 6-46 loss at GIO

Rd 8 - 6-60 loss at GIO
Rd 26 - 10-52 loss Leichhardt

Rd 7 - 22-30 loss Leichhardt
Rd 22 - 20-18 win GIO

So use to getting smashed I honestly cannot recall those 2 wins, I do recall the fun times that Joey Leilua had though.

gordynz

Juniors
Benji been dropped apparently. If they're dropping him they better f**king drop Jennings and the rest of the useless merkins that dont deserve to be there

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has sent a shudder through the club by controversially dumping the in-form Benji Marshall after Saturday night's shock loss to the Titans.

The Herald has been told by sources close to the Tigers that a fed-up Maguire wielded the axe in response to his side's last-minute loss to the Gold Coast, making up to six changes for this week's clash against Canberra.

The decision to drop Marshall is puzzling considering he currently sits equal second alongside Mitchell Moses, Tom Trbojevic and Clint Gutherson on the Dally M leaderboard with six points, one off pace-setter Jason Taumalolo.

"I am sick and tired of the ups and downs of our performances, we need to change that," Maguire said after the Tigers suffered their second defeat of the year on Sunday.

"That's what this club has been (inconsistent). I didn't want to say that but it's the truth. People talk about whether or not we win the big games or challenge the big teams or play less against the lower teams - well, that's character.

"We need to fix that. We need to fix it fast. I have seen a little bit of that over my period and we all need to change that."

Marshall was famously benched by former Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter back in 2013, which ultimately led to the five-eighth's departure to rugby union and fractured the club given the treatment of the much-loved playmaker.

Marshall has been one of the Wests Tigers' best players since returning to the club in 2018, and has an extremely tight relationship with Maguire.

The latest decision will no doubt test the strength of that relationship, as Marshall looks to fight his way back into the team.

MORE TO COME
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...all-after-titans-shocker-20200609-p550vh.html

There's the headline story.
So 'up to six changes' = Jennings, Mybe, Clarke & 2 other forwards.

Something to look forward to now, team selection this afternoon.

Choiboi

Juniors
Round 05 Team Lists have arrived with BIG changes!

* Tommy Talau has been named on the wing in place of Robert Jennings.
* Josh Reynolds replaces Benji Marshall in the halves.
* Zane Musgrove and Chris Lawrence start in the forward pack with Luke Garner and Thomas Mikaele shifting to the bench.
* Russell Packer has been named to play his first game since April 2019

Fordy20

Juniors
Apart from Jennings, I doubt anyone is being dropped for form. With no NSW Cup, players will need to be rotated through first grade to ensure fitness and availability across the squad.

WA Tiger

Bench
Finally...So I predict OUT .Benji (already know this) Mbye Jennings ....IN Walters starting at 6 , Talau for Mbye , Reynolds 17 and anyone on the left Wing for Jennings..Forwards ? Captain?

Das Hassler

Bench
Well ..if nothing else it makes it as clear as day to them that no ones position can be taken for granted
..Benji may be the tall poppy fall guy to ram that home...dropping him seems rash but still being early in the season it may just be the zap to the heart this club needed. Match fitness with the new guys is a big concern though

WA Tiger

Bench
As it’s been for a long time Once there is no risk of players losing their position they lose their edge they go stale and deep down don’t really care about winning or losing Madge has more choice now. Hats off ...(assuming Jennings is dropped as well)

Latest posts