What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Roosters @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Bulldogs v Roosters

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 5
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Sunday 14 June 2020

TL-CBY20.png

1. Will Hopoate 2. Nick Meaney 3. Reimis Smith 4. Jake Averillo 5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6. Kieran Foran 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Adam Elliott
Interchange: 14. Christian Crichton 15. Renouf To'omaga 16. Dean Britt 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Ofahiki Ogden 20. Brandon Wakeham 21. Morgan Harper 22. Jack Cogger

TL-SYD20.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Sam Verrills 15. Isaac Liu 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Sitili Tupouniua 19. Mitchell Aubusson 20. Ryan Hall 21. Lachlan Lam

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Peter Gough, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Last edited by a moderator:
Put simply, we should be too strong for the Bulldogs, on current form, but you can never be certain, I suppose.

The good news for us today is that all 17 players that took the field last Thursday night are fit to play in Round 5. This includes Victor Radley, whose injury is not as serious as first thought, and Isaac Liu, who will follow HIA protocols but is expected to fully recover.

Teddy is set to resume training tomorrow.

While I am still fairly confident about tomorrow, I am a little less so than I was last week. It is supposed to be wet in Sydney, and I know that we can struggle in such weather conditions (I cannot forget the 2010 grand final unfortunately).

Anyway, today's games should be good.

It is finally game day for our mighty Roosters!

Hopefully we can continue with our fine form against the 'family club'.

Our forwards are playing well - let's hope that continues. Jared looks to be out - whether it be because of mild injury or rest - but we have all positions covered. And don't forget that Teddy is back.

Let's build up our for and against.

Go the Chooks!

Official club communication:

BULLDOGS V ROOSTERS GAME POSTPONED DUE TO BIOSECURITY RISK

The NRL has postponed Sunday's Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters game at Bankwest Stadium until Monday to ensure player safety in relation to a potential biosecurity problem.

The child of one of the players attends a school in the Sutherland Shire where a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19.

The primary school has closed until June 25 and students have been told to self-isolate.

Sunday's later game between St George Illawarra and Cronulla at Campbelltown Stadium - originally scheduled for 6.30pm - has been brought forward to the 4.05pm timeslot.

The Bulldogs v Roosters game will now be played at 7pm on Monday at Bankwest Stadium.

The Australian Rugby League Commission approved changes to the Round 5 schedule to ensure the health and safety of the playing group and community after a remote risk to the Bulldogs squad emerged.

ARL chairman Peter V’landys said while the risk the virus had spread to the Bulldogs playing group was remote the Commission wanted absolute certainty before allowing the team to play.

“There’s a very remote risk of infection within the Bulldogs squad. To ensure there is no risk at all, the player will be tested today and the game delayed until tomorrow to ensure the test results have returned. I want to congratulate the Bulldogs for swiftly informing the NRL,’’ he said.

“I want to thank our broadcast partners for their assistance, at very short notice, in changing the schedule. The changes will ensure our fans will still be able to watch a game on free to air television this afternoon,” he said.

Latest posts