What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Manly @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
One thing that made me chuckle this morning were the reports that Manly blew the Tiges off the park. I don’t consider this to be that accurate. Don’t get me wrong, for a good 10 minute stretch they certainly blew us away.
But don’t get it twisted, Manly played some bog average footy yesterday. They dropped a lot of ball, made a lot of errors and bombed a further 4 or 5 probable scoring opportunities. On top of that, there were several scoring opportunities presented to the Tigers through 6 agains and turned over possession in good field position that were not taken advantage of.
In the end, the 34 point flogging was probably unders. Thank god we weren’t facing Penrith or Melbourne...they would have both set records. That loss rivals the one against the Cows.

WA Tiger

Bench
One thing that made me chuckle this morning were the reports that Manly blew the Tiges off the park. I don’t consider this to be that accurate. Don’t get me wrong, for a good 10 minute stretch they certainly blew us away.
But don’t get it twisted, Manly played some bog average footy yesterday. They dropped a lot of ball, made a lot of errors and bombed a further 4 or 5 probable scoring opportunities. On top of that, there were several scoring opportunities presented to the Tigers through 6 agains and turned over possession in good field position that were not taken advantage of.
In the end, the 34 point flogging was probably unders. Thank god we weren’t facing Penrith or Melbourne...they would have both set records. That loss rivals the one against the Cows.
I’ll have to take your word for that...from the start of second half anyway

WA Tiger

Bench
I honestly couldn’t bear to clink on the link to watch Madges sorry arse (I imagine) press conference ...I actively searched out Todd Payton’s tho when I found out they beat the Raiders and after I watched the highlights.. ....I was fascinated to see that scene about round 2 when the players came back into the sheds after a loss and there was Payton sitting there in the coaches chair for ??10 minutes or whatever and not a word from anyone ..It must have worked

I honestly couldn’t bear to clink on the link to watch Madges sorry arse (I imagine) press conference ...I actively searched out Todd Payton’s tho when I found out they beat the Raiders and after I watched the highlights.. ....I was fascinated to see that scene about round 2 when the players came back into the sheds after a loss and there was Payton sitting there in the coaches chair for ??10 minutes or whatever and not a word from anyone ..It must have worked

Yeah, I couldn’t bring myself to watch it either and I usually really like this stuff.

But I figured there was not much to learn from this episode.

Im pretty confident I can tell you what he said without watching it.

Unacceptable, no composure, will be changes and we will work harder.

macnaz

Staff member
I still can’t get my head around why David defends 20 metres in off his wing.

Early in the game yesterday and if memory serves me correctly DCE threw a ball to Saab but it went in to touch. He catches it and he strolls over the line with out a hand being laid on him from 15 metres out.
Because thats what David does, every year, every coach and every team.. EXCEPT for NSW which he will never play for because of it.

Latest posts