What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 7
Newcastle Knights v Parramatta Eels
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 24 April 2022

NSW Cup 11:30am -- NRL 2pm

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Enari Tuala 6. Jake Clifford 7. Adam Clune 8. David Klemmer 9. Chris Randall 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Brodie Jones 13. Kurt Mann
Interchange: 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Leo Thompson 17. Sauaso Sue 18. Simi Sasagi 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Tex Hoy 21. Hymel Hunt 22. Jack Johns 23. Dylan Lucas 24. Jaron Purcell

PAR2022TEAM.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Hayze Perham 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Tom Opacic 5. Bailey Simonsson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Isaiah Papali'i 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Makahesi Makatoa 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Oregon Kaufusi 17. Jakob Arthur 18. Bryce Cartwright 19. Mitch Rein 20. Wiremu Greig 21. Ky Rodwell 22. Samuel Loizou 23. Elie El Zakhem 24. Zac Cini

A-REF-G-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Keiren Irons
Video Referee: Steve Chiddy

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Newcastle v Parramatta at Cessnock SG, Sat - Flegg 1:30pm
Newcastle v Parramatta at McDonald Jones, Sun - Cup 11:30am​

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Just read something super uplifting:

Newcastle Knights will need to create history to reach the play-offs​

No Newcastle team has recovered from a two-and-four start to reach the play-offs.

Source: Newcastle Herald

But I think we'll be the first Newcastle team to start the season 2-5 and make the finals 😅

Apey

Staff member
We'll get smashed. Honestly I'd have rathered Eels smashed Tigers as far as our fortunes and concerned. They'll be fired up while we'll be... well, us.

Sugar FNC

Juniors
We'll get smashed. Honestly I'd have rathered Eels smashed Tigers as far as our fortunes and concerned. They'll be fired up while we'll be... well, us.
It's sad when we supporters (34 years for me) are constantly searching for answers. Any crumb will do. 2 decades now hoping that this week will provide some permanent hope. When we win we're left wondering if there's another soon. I can't provide any technical advice/comment, I'm just a loyal supporter. I'll leave that for more informed than I.
But I will say I'd love to see 80 mins of effort re Storm/Penrith.
That's all I've got....

Yosh

Coach
Sasagi put in a very Crossland-esque performance against the dragons I thought. Completely anonymous

He is a bigger body and considering it was only his first game, he looks the better prospect.

He has played in the backs so he can cover there as well, something Crossland can't do.

perverse

Referee
Sasagi put in a very Crossland-esque performance against the dragons I thought. Completely anonymous
I feel like he did the small things better, but maybe I was just imagining things. It seemed like he was a bigger threat to the line, and was more willing to ballplay at the line.

Honestly, I'd need to see more to really make an assessment, we don't have a lot of footy to go off. I do think it's worth having a roll of the dice on it though. What are you missing out on to take that opportunity? 30 minutes of Phoenix Crossland on the field? He'd struggle to be worse.