What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @ Scully Park

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
He can't go to the backrow Yosh. Concussions have ruled that out now - for good.

Besides, he was ok there for the first 5 or 6 games in 2016 but pretty ordinary in 2017. Infamously missed 10 tackles in a game...

No where near Fitz or guerra. Can't fill utility or play middle like buhrer.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Says the guy who predicted Sione to be a superstar but now admits defeat.

he's a kid FFS, some his age have yet to even taste first grade, so he is light years ahead of the majority of his generation. Fittler chose him in the emerging blues set up this year, but I suppose you know more than a RL legend in charge of the NSW team. Brown chose him to be our Captain. He's been praised as a talent with great potential by many who's life is nothing but football - Sheens, Sterling, Bedsy, Bennett, Johns, and Daley pale into insignificance when compared to your knowledge of football.

He's been constantly changed position around the team and even changed body shape the last time to accommodate the teams needs and all to the detriment of his development.

Your fascination with Sione is just weird, the constant vitriol and diatribe says more about you than it does about Sione. I think your jealous of the kid. Freud would have a field day with you.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Can everyone remember this post please the next time they feel like bashing Sione if he has a bad game.

Kid hast been classically trained in any position yet & if signings go well next year he could find himself on bench in utility role or back row again.

he's a kid FFS, some his age have yet to even taste first grade, so he is light years ahead of the majority of his generation. Fittler chose him in the emerging blues set up this year, but I suppose you know more than a RL legend in charge of the NSW team. Brown chose him to be our Captain. He's been praised as a talent with great potential by many who's life is nothing but football - Sheens, Sterling, Bedsy, Bennett, Johns, and Daley pale into insignificance when compared to your knowledge of football.

He's been constantly changed position around the team and even changed body shape the last time to accommodate the teams needs and all to the detriment of his development.

Your fascination with Sione is just weird, the constant vitriol and diatribe says more about you than it does about Sione. I think your jealous of the kid. Freud would have a field day with you.

Yosh

Coach
He can't go to the backrow Yosh. Concussions have ruled that out now - for good.

To be honest, I don't really understand this... If he was too damaged to play backrow, isn't he too damaged to play centre to all his ability... I'm no expert so I was wondering if someone could explain this to me...

Spot On

Coach
Huge workload difference Yosh. Less tackles and hit ups. Theory is that he was possibly losing tackling technique as the game wore on due to the increased workload of backrow. Playing in the centres decreases that load and decreases chance of being run over by big boppers.

Now he's in the centres he is too slow to get where he needs to go in defence and makes horrible reads most of the time and/or flies out of the line because of it. Having Lamb next to him is no help either.

Old dog

Juniors
To be honest, I don't really understand this... If he was too damaged to play backrow, isn't he too damaged to play centre to all his ability... I'm no expert so I was wondering if someone could explain this to me...
No need for explanation, if he has a continuing problem he shouldn't play back row or centre, I guess less tackling at centre reduces likely hood of injury. I think he is playing centre due to being our current best option not because of concusion.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Can everyone remember this post please the next time they feel like bashing Sione if he has a bad game.

Kid hast been classically trained in any position yet & if signings go well next year he could find himself on bench in utility role or back row again.
maybe even a stint in reserves might do him the world of good. Fact is he's been constantly changed around at a very crucial time in his development, played in the worst NRL team in history and trusted with leadership of the team when other kids are just trying to get their shit together. He's stuck by the club in its darkest hours, at the very least we owe him some respect and time to develop over time. Great clubs are built around young players like Sione.

perverse

Referee
I wouldn't be in favour of abandoning Sione entirely at this point, but he'll have to be on a reduced contract, one that values him as a project player rather than the next big thing.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I wouldn't be in favour of abandoning Sione entirely at this point, but he'll have to be on a reduced contract, one that values him as a project player rather than the next big thing.

I agree, I think Brown and Mooney need to sit down with him and have an honest conversation with him about what he feels he's worth and what the club feels he's worth and come to a win-win outcome on that. Considering his recent form and history with concussions I don't think he's going to attract any big money offers from elsewhere so I think Sione may need to stay for less at this stage or maybe on a short term deal until his form improves or he irons out the deficiencies in his game.

Spot On

Coach
No need for explanation, if he has a continuing problem he shouldn't play back row or centre, I guess less tackling at centre reduces likely hood of injury. I think he is playing centre due to being our current best option not because of concusion.

I can't agree with that. There's no way he could continue in the backrow to start this season with his concussion history.

Old dog

Juniors
He can still get concussed playing centre just less tackles less chance but he would have been cleared to play, forward or back

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Does anyone have an idea of what cash sione is currently on? He signed after playing for Australia along with all the accolades from good judges. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is on something around the 550k mark.

Joel-22

Juniors
Sione's best position is by far 2nd row. I thought he did some great things there last year, and the few good things he's done this year are things good backrowers do.

Spot On

Coach
He can still get concussed playing centre just less tackles less chance but he would have been cleared to play, forward or back

Definitely but the coach couldn't possibly put him back into the position he was continually being concussed in otherwise he wouldn't last this season. As it stands, he wouldn't push Guerra or Fitzy out of the backrow anyway.

The way he is going, he may not last the season at centre either but not due to concussion.

Old dog

Juniors
Think only injury will see him not last the season unless we suddenly sign up a centre or two for this season, not saying he is good just we ain't got anyone.

Haffa

Anyone going to the game? I’m driving down from Brisbane tomorrow morning with a mate. Should be a decent weekend. Probably too many beers.

Latest posts