What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @ Scully Park

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
I can.

This is a different side, attitude wise. While in the past, maybe we'd lose someone important and we would lack intensity, lack any desire to change to the shift in players. Nobody would step up, nobody was inspired until that injured player came back. We'll be rough without Pearce but I think someone will eventually step up to fill his void. Whether Cogger makes us regret losing him to the Dogs or Lamb forces his way back in and proves that last year's form isn't lost and gone, the culture and attitude of the club no longer permits sitting back and waiting for comebacks. People MUST step up and I like to believe someone will.

We'll win a game or two or three; maybe not as many as we would have with Pearce but still enough to have a respectable and enjoyable season.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Jesus Noname cheers up mate. Whole squad played great footie tonight. Great defence through whole game bar that 10mins of tigers momentum. I have to give a wrap to Sione merely because the very heavy bashing he’s had this week, but he responded. Wasn’t brilliant but he did the simple things right and was in syncenwith his inside and outside man. Well done mate. Keep it simple and steadily improve.

Devastating about Peace but he’s been frustrated by that shoulder last couple weeks, so I’ll be pissed with knights physio team if they didn’t notice it and didn’t do the job to keep him healthy.

But without slitting wrist I’m very willing to firstly, see injury out come, secondly see week to week how team performes, as he is such an impact on team our structure will have to change a bit.

Noname36

First Grade
Jesus Noname cheers up mate. Whole squad played great footie tonight. Great defence through whole game bar that 10mins of tigers momentum. I have to give a wrap to Sione merely because the very heavy bashing he’s had this week, but he responded. Wasn’t brilliant but he did the simple things right and was in syncenwith his inside and outside man. Well done mate. Keep it simple and steadily improve.

Devastating about Peace but he’s been frustrated by that shoulder last couple weeks, so I’ll be pissed with knights physio team if they didn’t notice it and didn’t do the job to keep him healthy.

But without slitting wrist I’m very willing to firstly, see injury out come, secondly see week to week how team performes, as he is such an impact on team our structure will have to change a bit.

I know they played great footy, which is the main reason I'm so depressed by Pearce's injury. They've clearly turned the corner and were absolutely not going to get close to another spoon, if anything we were a good shot at the 8 which is an amazing achievement...but now, if we're being realistic, they're back to fighting to avoid the spoon. Am I being pessimistic? Yeah probably, but he's really important, he's the centre of it all, and it's sad it happened after they showed tonight how good they're becoming.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think we'll manage without Pearce. We were competing in most games last year with a lesser squad and no Kalyn. I really think KP himself will create these one or two extra tries a game to get us over the line compared to then.

Looking forward to this test of character.

Glendale

Juniors
I reckon we’ll see a Lamb and Watson combination whilst Pearce is out. But I’d like to see Brown give Lamb and Cogger a game together to see how that goes.

Also, if the Saifitis find their best form, like they’re starting to now, does Lillyman have a place in our top 17?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Exactly. Realistically our premiership window is nowhere near open this year.

This type of scenario will sort out who has the mental fortitude to move on and still play consistently good footy vs who will drop their bundle.

We move the latter on elsewhere and re-sign the former. Still plenty of enjoyment left this year. Love this team.

Clifferd

Coach
As a tigers fan just wanted to come in here and congratulate you Knights fans. Certainly outplayed us over the park, whether we were off our game or not the 2 points is all that matters and you guys snatched it in the last couple minutes

If there was a team I dont mind losing to its you guys, and honestly I hope we can both go onto making the top 8 to put past the shit we’ve had to deal with the last few years

Old dog

Juniors
Thing is best case scenario he misses 12 weeks...can anyone see us winning many (if any) games without Pearce? By the time he gets back I reckon it’s going to be way too late to help us avoid the spoon. Our only hope is that the Eels pull off 4 or less wins.

I know we’ve brought other good players into the squad but if you look at how we play...Pearce is the absolute centre of everything...we’re f**ked.
Congratulations you have just been nominated as Knights supporter of the year

Old dog

Juniors
Sorry for Pearce, hope injury isn't as bad as doom and gloom people are saying, but am looking forward to Cogger and Lamb, assuming Watson may need a week or two, combining as in past years with a top side firing well, Pack and bench went well, assuming Lamb or Watson replace Pearce then Lillyman must come back, if baby arrives, then Yates played himself in so Heighinton most likely misses out, Saf boys did well.

Frederick

Staff member
Sorry for Pearce, hope injury isn't as bad as doom and gloom people are saying, but am looking forward to Cogger and Lamb, assuming Watson may need a week or two, combining as in past years with a top side firing well, Pack and bench went well, assuming Lamb or Watson replace Pearce then Lillyman must come back, if baby arrives, then Yates played himself in so Heighinton most likely misses out, Saf boys did well.
In no way should Heighington be dropped.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
That's arguably one of our best wins from the last 5 or 6 years. Our forwards stood up and matched it with the Tigers and our backs were strong and Pearce and Ponga did the rest.

Gutted to hear about Pearce though, as usual we have no luck with injuries. Already 3 of our signings have gone down with long term injury.

That being said it's not all doom and gloom, let's not forget that before we signed Pearce, Lamb and Watson was looking like it would be our halves pairing this year so I'm sure they've trained a fair bit together already. Also I know that Lamb was poor over the last couple of weeks but imo he showed enough upside last year to tell me that he's capable of being a first grader so I won't write him off yet. It'll be an interesting team selection next week.

Latest posts