What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 8
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 1 May 2021

NSW Cup 5pm -- NRL kickoff 7:35pm

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Brayden Musgrove 6. Kurt Mann 7. Blake Green 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 18. Pasami Saulo 19. Phoenix Crossland 20. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 21. Tex Hoy

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Sam Verrills 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Benjamin Marsce 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Nat Butcher 17. Siosiua Taukeiaho 18. Fletcher Baker 19. Matt Ikuvalu 20. Egan Butcher 21. Joseph Suaalii

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Alan Shortall

NSW Cup
Newcastle v Norths (SYD) at McDonald Jones, Sat 5pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect to win this game, despite Teddy's omission. Our record up there is solid. We will be better off after Walker has received more match experience and Verrills has had such a successful return from his ACL injury. I expect he will start this week in the hooking role. He will be dynamic for us. No disrespect at all to Lussick and Marschke, but Sam is a cut above.

I am not upset that Suaalii is not starting. He has his exams to contend with at the moment. Robbo and co will know when he is ready and the time is right. Joey Manu at fullback and Iku on the wing will not let us down. We will get through this challenging injury period.

Easts by 12.

Headless Chook

Juniors
From what I’ve seen of the Knights this year, they are a more than competitive when Ponga plays and very average when he doesn’t. Stifle what he does and we’ll go a long way towards winning this.

It is game day ladies and gentlemen. Let's head up the M1 and put in a good, classic Rooster performance. Hopefully we can back up that solid display last Sunday, and notch up another win to keep us in touch with the competition leaders and heavyweights.

Fire up you mighty Roosters for tonight, fire up!

Easts by 12.

Glad SST is back. So who’s first-up kicker, then? I hope they stick with Walker given that he spends more time on the field he’s the future. He got better as the game went on last week.

Valheru

Coach
Glad SST is back. So who’s first-up kicker, then? I hope they stick with Walker given that he spends more time on the field he’s the future. He got better as the game went on last week.

Yeah just stick with walker I reckon. He will probably miss a couple of easier ones but he has to start getting the eye in at some stage.

What a bittersweet outcome last night.

I cannot recall feeling so down and disappointed after a win in my life.

I have never seen a dressing room quite like the one I watched on FOX League last night. It was surreal. I particularly feel bad for Brett Morris - it could spell the end of his long, illustrious career.

This injury situation is going to test our team's character and resolve to its very limits. If any team in the NRL can handle this, our mighty one can. Go the mighty Roosters.

Honestly, stick with Walker. A prop forward shouldn’t be burdened with kicking goals.

I think that Robbo left the initial goal kicking duties with SST so as to lessen the burden on Sam Walker so he could ease into first grade. It is injuries which have turned him into the first string option in the last couple of weeks.