What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Roosters @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 8: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 8
Sydney Roosters v Wests Tigers
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 4 May 2019

Gates 6:35pm / NRL 7:35pm

TL-SYD19.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Victor Radley 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Nat Butcher 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Sitili Tupouniua 17. Mitchell Aubusson 18. Lindsay Collins 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Sam Verrills

TL-WST19.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. Mahe Fonua 3. Robert Jennings 4. Esan Marsters 5. Corey Thompson 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Chris McQueen 13. Josh Aloiai
Interchange: 14. Elijah Taylor 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Matt Eisenhuth 17. Luke Garner 18. Paul Momirovski 19. Jacob Liddle 20. David Nofoaluma 21. Russell Packer

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Tim Roby
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Mark Bohan
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Sydney Roosters: North Sydney Bears (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s), Sydney Roosters (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links

Last edited by a moderator:

simmo1

First Grade
I can't see us winning this unless it pours with rain and turns into a scrap.

The unknown

Juniors
I'll be pretty happy if we can keep the margin to 12 or below, even happier if we win obviously. Can't see it though

super_coach

First Grade
Chooks by about 18. They have the best no1, the best 7, the best centre, a very good six mixed with a lot of NRL quality footballers. For any team to beat them, they would need a lot of things to go right and plenty of things to go wrong for them.

They are a lot better team now to the team we beat round one last year. Although I think they have put a squad together under a lot of question marks, I do admire the level they have reached.

If we can be in the contest for 80 minutes I will be over the moon. Sadly I can’t see it being a possibility

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't see us winning this unless it pours with rain and turns into a scrap.

That’s what I’m hoping for too

I just can’t see a Tigers win here. They have us covered man for man in every position on the park. Literally everything is going to have to go right for us, a few Easts injuries, bounce of the ball, dodgy ref calls our way. Stranger things have happened, but not many.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Well, a win would be difficult, but last season we won with great defence. If we let them through our lines to attack we are toast. All I can hope for is the team to man up, keep their composure and tackle their hearts out. Some big hits will hurt Roosters attacking players. Niggle away boys and get them frustrated. They're human and can make mistakes if pressured too. Here's hoping WT at least come away with respectability and no surrender like we did against Parramatta.

Common WT.

The unknown

Juniors
Chooks by about 18. They have the best no1, the best 7, the best centre, a very good six mixed with a lot of NRL quality footballers. For any team to beat them, they would need a lot of things to go right and plenty of things to go wrong for them.

They are a lot better team now to the team we beat round one last year. Although I think they have put a squad together under a lot of question marks, I do admire the level they have reached.

If we can be in the contest for 80 minutes I will be over the moon. Sadly I can’t see it being a possibility

Agree, and I know we say this every year but I think the only thing that would stop Roosters from going back to back would be Teddy getting a long term injury as imo he is irreplaceable to that team. They have proven they can play well without Keary and Cronk in the past.

Will05

Juniors
my team for the game
1. Mbye
2. Fonua
3. Momirovski
4. Marsters
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Matterson
12. McQueen
13. Eisenhuth
14. Packer
15. Aloiai
16. Mikaele
17. Garner if fit or Taylor
only picking Momirovski because it's his former team

west4ever

Juniors
my team for the game
1. Mbye
2. Fonua
3. Momirovski
4. Marsters
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Matterson
12. McQueen
13. Eisenhuth
14. Packer
15. Aloiai
16. Mikaele
17. Garner if fit or Taylor
only picking Momirovski because it's his former team
I’d change a few things
1. Mbye
2. Fonua
3. Jennings ( can’t be dropped after last week )
4. Masters
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Matterson
12. McQueen ( did good last week )
13. Aloiai ( maybe swap with Taylor for impact )
Bench
14. Eisenhoth
15. Makele
16. Taylor
17. Nofoaluma ( will be the best impact player in the game )
The meters Nofoaluma will make with his hit ups at the back end off both half’s will be outstanding, better than packer, will make more meters than Matulino, probably score a try, I think it’s not a bad option to have Nofoaluma on the bench. We might have a chance if they have a go and be smart, boys don’t be scared to score a try screw there feelings lol

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Mbye
2. Fonua
3. Marsters
4. Jennings
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. McQueen
12. Matterson
13. Aloai

14. Eisenhuth
15. Mikale
16. Packer
17. E. Taylor

As much as I hate to say it, I just can't see us winning this game. There 1-7 is so far ahead of ours its actually not funny (cough *salary cap cheats*). The only thing we can pray for is a wet, gritty game that the Bondi merkins don't want to get their hair wet for. Smash them through the middle and get up in their faces and we could pull off a miracle.

But looking at our team....we really need another rebuild

west4ever

Juniors
1. Mbye
2. Fonua
3. Marsters
4. Jennings
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. McQueen
12. Matterson
13. Aloai

14. Eisenhuth
15. Mikale
16. Packer
17. E. Taylor

As much as I hate to say it, I just can't see us winning this game. There 1-7 is so far ahead of ours its actually not funny (cough *salary cap cheats*). The only thing we can pray for is a wet, gritty game that the Bondi merkins don't want to get their hair wet for. Smash them through the middle and get up in their faces and we could pull off a miracle.

But looking at our team....we really need another rebuild
How do u put packer in ur team, he is a mug

macnaz

Staff member
How do u put packer in ur team, he is a mug
I guess you give him the opportunity to respond to being dropped , he either comes out and has a blinder and shows his value to the club or produces the same lactustire usual performance and proves he is past it and dictates that his future is no longer viable beyond this year with Weststigers.

super_coach

First Grade
I guess you give him the opportunity to respond to being dropped , he either comes out and has a blinder and shows his value to the club or produces the same lactustire usual performance and proves he is past it and dictates that his future is no longer viable beyond this year with Weststigers.

Maybe Ivan might want him up at the foot of the mountains