What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs St Geo Illa @ WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Who will win? Round 8: St Geo Illa v Wests Tigers

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 8
St George Illawarra Dragons v Wests Tigers
WIN Stadium, Wollongong, Wollongong (TICKETS)
Sunday 1 May 2022

NSW Cup 1:40pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

SGI2022TEAM.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jack Bird 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Andrew McCullough 10. George Burgess 11. Tariq Sims 12. Josh Mcguire 13. Jack de Belin
Interchange: 14. Talatau Amone 15. Blake Lawrie 16. Aaron Woods 17. Tyrell Fuimaono 18. Tautau Moga 19. Jackson Ford 20. Josh Kerr 21. Tyrell Sloan 22. Cody Ramsey 23. Jack Gosiewski 24. Jayden Sullivan

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Starford To'a 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Luke Garner 4. Oliver Gildart 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Luke Brooks 7. Jackson Hastings 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Kelma Tuilagi 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Jock Madden 15. Alex Twal 16. Thomas Mikaele 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Jake Simpkin 19. Tyrone Peachey 20. Junior Tupou 21. Tukimihia Simpkins 22. Austin Dias 23. Fonua Pole 24. Junior Pauga

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Nick Beashel
Video Referee: Ashley Klein

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
St Geo Illa v Wests Tigers at Ziems Park, Sunday - Flegg 11am
St Geo Illa v Western Suburbs at WIN, Sunday - Cup 1:40pm​

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Anybody who has been a long term Wests Tigers supporter knows that this is the sort of situation and game that we have historically not done well in.
To bring the same intensity that they played with against Souths and Eels will not be an easy task. Past Wests Tigers teams would lose this type of game coming up. It will be an interesting barometer to see where this team is truly at. Despite our injuries, I believe we are in better form than the Dragons and "should" win.

Tigerm

First Grade
Will be a tough one (hopefully there short turn around will benefit us?) Though we tend to let in easy tries from opposition kicks to our corners, which the Drags did well last night?
When was the last time we won 3 in a row?

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
I thought we were certs before Saints v Roosters game. This is going to be a tough game to win.
Exactly what we've said for the past 2 weeks, Ned.
We were worried that coz Saints were playing shit, we'd lose focus against a "lesser" team.
Now Saints are playing well, hopefully it's a rinse and repeat of the intensity of the last 2 games.
I really hope we turn up, 3 on the trot sort of removes the "lucky" tag. And it inflicts pain on our Saints supporting mates. A win / win !

BrotherJim05

Bench
I've always felt that Dragons are the Wests Tigers real rival. 2005 we snatched the premiership from them in the semi-final, and they returned serve to us in 2010. Since then (give or take) both teams have been shithouse, with the Dragons being slightly better and making finals once or twice only to be knocked out immediately.

You can quote me here - when Wests Tigers eventually make it to a grand final again (hopefully in my lifetime), it will be against the Dragons

Tigerm

First Grade
A centre pairing of Garner and Gildart petrifies me a bit.

However, we show the same heart as displayed the last couple of weeks I think we can continue the momentum.
I think we have an advantage in the backs?
2 good packs though.
Didn’t think Bird would play? But advantage to us in the halves imo.
We got this, us by 10, with Jacko MoM.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think we have an advantage in the backs?
2 good packs though.
Didn’t think Bird would play? But advantage to us in the halves imo.
We got this, us by 10, with Jacko MoM.
Be surprised if Bird plays although I’d prefer he play than Amone.My concern re the backs is their centres.They are superior to ours & I have zero faith in Gildart.Incredible that we have 4 centres currently unavailable due to injury.How good would we look with AD plus either kapaoa or the jet as centres.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Ben Hunt has been in some terrific form, but similar to Brooks, he can sometimes shit himself in the big moments. I have a feeling this game is going to come down to the wire yet again, but Jacko will stand up with a clutch play.

I also have a feeling that Nofa is going to go next level in this game. He was one of our best the last two games and I feel he's hungry for a return to the spotlight and being rated as one of the best wingers in the comp.

Tigers by 2

If only Cory Norman was playing !
Suli looked busted on Monday but if he does play he will enjoy playing opp Gildart.

On a positive, are the dragons the team the Tigs love to beat? 5 wins from the last 6.

It is a sorry state of affairs when Gildart and Garner are your centres options,i have lost count of the number of tries the pom has set up for the opposition with his sh#t defence, the sooner he gets home sick and heads back to the ESL the better.