What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Gold Coast @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 9
Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Saturday 8 May 2021

Ron Massey Cup 1:10pm -- Harvey Norman Women's 3:05pm -- NRL kickoff 5:30pm

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Zac Cini 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Stefano Utoikamanu 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Thomas Mikaele 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Zane Musgrove 20. Tom Amone 21. Shawn Blore

GOLDCOAST-2021.png

1. Alexander Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Beau Fermor 5. Phillip Sami 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 11. Kevin Proctor 12. David Fifita 13. Tyrone Peachey
Interchange: 14. Moeaki Fotuaika 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. Jaimin Jolliffe 17. Erin Clark 18. Sam McIntyre 19. Tanah Boyd 20. Jayden Campbell 21. Esan Marsters

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Keiren Irons
Video Referees: To be advised

NSW Cup
Wests Magpies (WST) bye
QLD Cup
Ipswich v Tweed (GLD) at North Ipswich, Sat 5pm
Norths v Burleigh (GLD) at Bishop, Sun 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxxn99

Juniors
Big question is should we go with the same 17. If Roberts comes back in does Talau drop out??
Rucked it out well today Tommy... somehow I don’t think he has the goods though.

Tigerm

First Grade
It has begun, we are on our way,:joy::joy::joy: us by 10, with Cini getting a double and AD MoM again.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Damn we really have a cruisey next 5ish games

we have the ability to beat all of them, the south’s game showed that ... it’s whether we can do it consistently

5/5 would be perfect but I think at the very least we need 4/5 wins to get us back into the groove

I don’t trust these f**kwits one bit though and we’ll probably fall back into a heap and get lapped next week

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

Tigerm

First Grade
Watched the Talau one again, was pretty stupid from him however was really just a nudge. Sadly I don’t think it’s defendable from him, just take the week.

Not sure what’s doing with Jet, but we can’t have MCK at center, need Mbye to come in.
Yep, like to see Mbye at centre and Liddle have a run at 9 and Simpkin in the 14.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade

we have the ability to beat all of them, the south’s game showed that ... it’s whether we can do it consistently

5/5 would be perfect but I think at the very least we need 4/5 wins to get us back into the groove

I don’t trust these f**kwits one bit though and we’ll probably fall back into a heap and get lapped next week

Don't do it to yourself mate. The Souths game was an anomaly.

The better way to look at it, is if we play like we did in the other 7 games, we will be flat out winning two of the next five.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Huge week for team selection.

If Mbye plays left centre (which I think is our only option) then that shifts BJ to the right defending outside his brother. We cannot have the Leilua combo or any shitty defenders marking up on Fifita.

I would personally bring Shawn Blore in to play right side backrow from the start. He can hit. Plain and simple.

Garner misses a lot of tackles doesn't inspire a lot with his carries (though he has looked good running off Brooks)

We cannot have Alex Seyfarth near first grade until he gets some leg drive. I don't care how hard he tries. We need hard runners to get over the advantage line.

Laurie
Nofoaluma
Mbye
BJ
Cini
Doueihi
Brooks
Joffa
Blore
Luciano
Tamou
Simpkin
Twal

Liddle
Garner
Mikaele
Utoikamanu

Pezz70

Juniors
Huge week for team selection.

If Mbye plays left centre (which I think is our only option) then that shifts BJ to the right defending outside his brother. We cannot have the Leilua combo or any shitty defenders marking up on Fifita.

I would personally bring Shawn Blore in to play right side backrow from the start. He can hit. Plain and simple.

Garner misses a lot of tackles doesn't inspire a lot with his carries (though he has looked good running off Brooks)

We cannot have Alex Seyfarth near first grade until he gets some leg drive. I don't care how hard he tries. We need hard runners to get over the advantage line.

Laurie
Nofoaluma
Mbye
BJ
Cini
Doueihi
Brooks
Joffa
Blore
Luciano
Tamou
Simpkin
Twal

Liddle
Garner
Mikaele
Utoikamanu
I’m not sold on ofahenguae. Lazy, always got hands on hips.

Rhyno

First Grade

Just looked up the next 5games only match I can tigers winning is the knights match

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I’m not sold on ofahenguae. Lazy, always got hands on hips.

Happy for Tuki Simpkins to start as I think he has more to offer. There is plenty of merit in throwing in rookies as Cini showed yesterday. We're 2 and 6 with nothing to lose.

The sad thing is that Joffa was offered a 3 year contract when his form did nothing to warrant it.

He came out publicly after he signed with us saying "he had no other offers" which is a pretty poor reflection on our recruitment team.

Maxxn99

Juniors
To be honest I don’t look forward anymore, mainly to save my health. All I know is Titans next and probably on a Sunday.
Would be good to keep the same team out on the field for an extended time though. You’d think they would be working on their defence going by what they’ve dished out in their last 3.
Could be abit of a slugfest tbh

Tigerm

First Grade
1 Daine Laurie
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Moses Mbye
4 Joseph Leilua
5 Zac Cini
6 Adam Doueihi
7 Luke Brooks
8 James Tamou
9 Jake Simpkin
10 Alex Twal
11 Luke Garner
12 Luciano Leilua
13 Joe Ofahengaue

14 Jacob Liddle
15 Stefano Utoikamanu
16 Alex Seyfarth
17 Thomas Mikaele

18 Micheal Chee Kam
19 Zane Musgrove
20 Tom Amone
21 Shawn Blore

Maybe the best team we have produce all year, imo.