What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Gold Coast @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
It is a forwards issue imo. We have a bunch of toilers with 1 or 2 impact forwards.

We need middle forwards who dent the line, get a quick play the ball and can offload. At the moment we have way too many workers.

We have bigger problems that this though:-

1. We have one gun edge forward and a decent edge forward. We need another weapon to replace Garner.
2. Our spine don't have enough good plays in them. Laurie and Doueihi both came up with poor plays on the last tackle or prior to the last tackle.
3. Our outside backs are ordinary.

It's easy to improve from here though because we are shit.

Tiger05

First Grade
Not too sure about being a pretender but he’s got to be given another crack. I know one thing for sure Twal and Tamou (Twalmou) have to be split up!
Our starts up front have been horrendous!!

This is the first issue that needs to be fixed. Twal and Tamou are both workers who aren't getting us into the game from the start. We look so much better when our bench middle forwards come on.

This can also be fixed. We have plenty of middle forwards.

I'd give Musgrove another shot as well. He can play albeit inconsistently.

Mikaele has been good this year ,he is definitely adding some starch to the pack , Blore and ZM could help add more aggression, hopefully ZM has fixed his defensive issues , as for Brooks and Mbye they need f*@king off ASAP .

Das Hassler

Bench
The forwards aren't energised by Brooks at all. ..i can imagine a whole different dynamic with Hastings and Douehei paired up in the halves....similar aggressive mindsets could lift the whole side. Brooks has his positives but just way too passive and meek a personality to lead by example.

As for the defensive capability of the outside backs. ..that's a whole other sibject.

* to add...i inderstand that the halfback can't be effective without a dominant pack but in chicken and egg fashion the forwards won't consistently do much without a dominant half to bust a gut for...someone THEY know that knows what to do with their effort.

Last edited:

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Tamou is an old, slow, shit, past-it plodder.

What an embarrassment this massive-meloned turd was made captain.

Writes a good email though.

And as for Luke Brooks he is Lincoln Lewis levels of shit.

Let me tell you I f**king hate souffs and Parra and I hate our current team more than those 2 combined.

I hope the saudis douse the club with every litre of oil they have and then one of those flamethrowers from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood torches the turd-ridden place to the ground. I'd rather watch a reincarnation of Balmain play Newtown and Blacktown than watch the weatherman and the Brian Mannix cokehead turn us into Wests 99 with their f**king wests strips and crowds of 8,000 on their patch on a big day for their all-time hero.

Latest posts