What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Gold Coast @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Pezz, I agree.
I’m not so sure we played that well last week. Saints were absolutely abysmal and we only put 3 past them.
If we play like we did against the bunnies we will beat sides like the Titans.
However we may need to step up higher than our effort against the Dragons.
I’ll back us in.

Defensive effort was there last week which was very pleasing. Titans are a touch footy team, they hate the grind. Stick with them for a bit and they’ll crumble

Vic Mackey

Referee
We’ll all take the win last week but the most worrying thing is the amount of chances we could not convert into points. We really should’ve won by 20+.

There were some good passages in attack last week hope we can get our attack going this week and turn the opportunities into points

Pezz, I agree.
I’m not so sure we played that well last week. Saints were absolutely abysmal and we only put 3 past them.
If we play like we did against the bunnies we will beat sides like the Titans.
However we may need to step up higher than our effort against the Dragons.
I’ll back us in.

I agree, and if we attack like that we wont beat many teams. However last week we seemed to have an attitude of 'grind it out at all costs.' Our entire focus was about defence and holding the ball. Early on we had 3 sets in a row on their line and threw a total of about 10 passes.

However we grew into the game, in the second half Doueihi and Laurie took control in attack and when you watch it back we never really looked like we were going to lose.

When youre 1-6 you just need a win, it doesnt matter how you get it.

LIke we grew into that game we were always going to be a bit of a slow burn as a team. 3 of our spine is different from last year and our fullback got here 3 weeks before round 1. It doesnt surprise me that 8 rounds in we're still working it out.

Like I said lets see what they throw up tomorrow. For some reason Im confident despite what 38 years of supporting the pricks should be telling me.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Genuine question:

have we ever had a referee genuinely look after us? Like I mean win a penalty count 12-2 despite the game looking nothing like that? Then get very 50/50 call your way, including kneeing an opposition half in the ribs and puncturing his lungs without even being penalized?

I haven’t many games outside of ours this year but I can’t believe the run Cecchin is giving the Eels. Just once it would be nice to be the beneficiaries of it.

stryker

First Grade
It looked like Checcin favoured the Eels but the penalty count was only 5 to 4
The 6 agains were mostly purposeful fouls by the exhausted Roosters.
I get your point but tonight I reckon the Roosters had to slow the play down to survive, that lead to an avalanche of possession against them.

Fordy20

Juniors
Genuine question:

have we ever had a referee genuinely look after us? Like I mean win a penalty count 12-2 despite the game looking nothing like that? Then get very 50/50 call your way, including kneeing an opposition half in the ribs and puncturing his lungs without even being penalized?

I haven’t many games outside of ours this year but I can’t believe the run Cecchin is giving the Eels. Just once it would be nice to be the beneficiaries of it.

Never. In fact, it's invariably been the complete opposite. Against the Broncos in 2009, Jared Maxwell was nothing short of nefarious. A fan was so incensed by the disgusting bias that he invaded the pitch and tackled Maxwell.

axl rose

Bench
including kneeing an opposition half in the ribs and puncturing his lungs without even being penalized?

Why do they keep talking about 10 in the bin. How was that not just a straight send off. If it was Tigers he would have been gone.

Couldnt care less about Roosters through since they have that dropkick kiwi at prop who is as dirty a player as any. Parra were lucky off kicks. Roosters were repelling most of what was thrown at them. Eels are no chance in big games vs Storm or the Riff.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Genuine question:

. . . A ref "looking after us" . . in WT terms, is a 9-6 penalty count against us, 8-3 set re-starts against us, and only 3 dodgy tries awarded to the opposition. A 50/50 count of 25/75 would be a "win" for us.
Don't even get me started about the reffing if the game goes to golden point.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
. . . A ref "looking after us" . . in WT terms, is a 9-6 penalty count against us, 8-3 set re-starts against us, and only 3 dodgy tries awarded to the opposition. A 50/50 count of 25/75 would be a "win" for us.
Don't even get me started about the reffing if the game goes to golden point.

And don’t forget the majority of those penalties for us coming in the final 10 mins of the game when the game is dead and buried

Perth Tiger

Bench
I can’t believe these pricks tricked me into believing with their one good game a month
You’re not wrong, every win I start to think ok we have taken a step forward, let’s see if we can take another.

These pricks though have a win and think ok we have moved the press onto which ever other team sucks at the moment so we have another couple of weeks to bludge and half arse it.