What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match report - Balmain v. Souths

brook

First Grade
from www.tigers.org.au

Balmain Premier League - Report by Paul Heptonstall
This game was one of the best games that the Tigers have played all year. With the exception of a 10 minute period whereby Souths scored 3 quick tries, the Tigers played very exciting and committed Rugby League. Maybe the Balmain Players Reunion inspired the whole Premier League team to play with the same passion and pride that the club was built on. Coach Peter Camroux and his assistant Adam Gardiner need to be congratulated on the way they have prepared this team over the last couple of weeks.

Jamie Small and Mick Hawkins again paved the way up front and laid the foundation for some inspiring back line movements. Jeff Lima was the coaches best player and thoroughly deserved his Essential Man of The Match Award. Adam Tippett suprised everyone but himself, with his radar goal kicking display, landing 7 goals from 8 attempts.

Luke Thompson made his Premier League debut with some strong aggressive running and should have done enough to maintain his position next week. After being ruled out through injury for the last two months, Simon Greally also played his first game in Premier League. This win keeps the Tigers in the top eight and hopefully a win this weekend can cement their position for the semi finals.

Try Scorers Chris Heighington 2, Ben Carney 2, Balin Cupples, Simon Greally, Sam Obst, Leigh Bowman, Adam Tippett

Goals Adam Tippett 7

of the Match Jeff Lima - 3 points

Mick Hawkins - 2 points

Ben Carney - 1 point

Players player Jeff Lima

pretty hard to disagree with any of this - especially the award winners, Lima is on fire at the moment and would have to be very close to a first grade call up - when he plays well he really is pure class and has the agression that the side needs

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Ok Carney surprised me with his pace especially against Joven but how could he have be given 1pt in front of Heighington. I thought Heighington was close to the best player out on the park with Lima :?

Tippetts kicking did surprise everyone :)

brook

First Grade
with carney I think it was just for effort - he's probably actually the least talented player out there and yet he gives about 200% each game - I wouldn't begrudge him the points.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
brook said:
with carney I think it was just for effort - he's probably actually the least talented player out there and yet he gives about 200% each game - I wouldn't begrudge him the points.

Luland should be back this week if not he will be back definatley next week.

Also good to see that we are back in the top 8 as well! hopefully Souths loose and Balmain thrash the Knights and we move into 7th spot :D

Spike

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Also good to see that we are back in the top 8 as well! hopefully Souths loose and Balmain thrash the Knights and we move into 7th spot :D

Despite the Knights having a lean year in the premier league, i'm more than confident that they'll dispose of the Tigers 8)

brook

First Grade
Bailey said:
Mighty Tiger said:

Despite the Knights having a lean year in the premier league, i'm more than confident that they'll dispose of the Tigers 8)

so what are we betting this time? ;-)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Bailey said:

What a dreamer :roll:

Just remember last time we played you guys at home this year in round 3 we won 26-10. Oh well looks like the curtain raiser will have to go against the Knights.

I guess back to the brewery after to rub it in hey Bailey?

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
Bailey said:
Mighty Tiger said:

there's no point in betting this time. It's a foregone conclusion that the Knights will win.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Bailey said:
there's no point in betting this time. It's a foregone conclusion that the Knights will win.

I guess you can only be called a looser so many times :shock:

But we will be nice and just call you a looser for a few days after ;-)

Spike

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Bailey said:

I guess you can only be called a looser so many times :shock:

But we will be nice and just call you a looser for a few days after ;-)

yes, i'm very loose ;-)

oro

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Ok Carney surprised me with his pace especially against Joven but how could he have be given 1pt in front of Heighington. I thought Heighington was close to the best player out on the park with Lima :?

I think the judges take if for granted that Heighington will play well!

What does Lima have to do to get a run? More to the point, was does Manu not have to do to be dropped? 8)

brook

First Grade
Bailey said:
brook said:
Bailey said:
Mighty Tiger said:

wimp :lol:

brook

First Grade
oro said:
Mighty Tiger said:

I think the judges take if for granted that Heighington will play well!

What does Lima have to do to get a run? More to the point, was does Manu not have to do to be dropped? 8)

I wish i knew - my only possible explanation is that balmain need lima more lol

Tigerpete

Juniors
I too am surprised Heighnington did not get any points for his game. He was outstanding, especially in the first half. Cant disagree with Hawkins, Lima and Carney though, they all played great!

By the way , where were all of Balmains JF players???? Only Greally and Thompson Played? where were Nowland, Harrison, Barrow and co.????

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
I too am surprised Heighnington did not get any points for his game. He was outstanding, especially in the first half. Cant disagree with Hawkins, Lima and Carney though, they all played great!

By the way , where were all of Balmains JF players???? Only Greally and Thompson Played? where were Nowland, Harrison, Barrow and co.????

Harrison played in the schoolboys clash on the wedensday so that explains why he missed out.

Maybe some of the other boys had a rest. Its been a long season for the boys and especially with the cubs playing as much as they have been throughout the year.

I was surprised that Nowland didn't play though as he did play the week before :?

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
Bailey said:
brook said:
Bailey said:
Mighty Tiger said:

wimp :lol:

*sigh* fine then......... I'm so certain that the Knights will crush the Tigers that I'm willing to accept any conditions on top of the outstanding vodka. :eek:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Bailey said:
*sigh* fine then......... I'm so certain that the Knights will crush the Tigers that I'm willing to accept any conditions on top of the outstanding vodka. :eek:

I sense he wants to loose ;-)