What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match review committee Charges

denis preston

First Grade
Why Alexander is even on the panel discussing a panthers game is laughable. The whole commentary last night on fox was embarrassing to say the least. Some of the stuff Ennis said re Cleary was over the top.
Good on Hook anyway for bringing it up & I reckon he’ll be talking to Annesley at some stage on Monday.
Last year I would have been happy to see Penrith win but some of these knobs in the media almost makes you want to see them fail now.
Thought Vossey had a great call, was questioning the things the Dragons were not doing like we have for the past 10 games.

BLM01

First Grade
Why Alexander is even on the panel discussing a panthers game is laughable. The whole commentary last night on fox was embarrassing to say the least. Some of the stuff Ennis said re Cleary was over the top.
Good on Hook anyway for bringing it up & I reckon he’ll be talking to Annesley at some stage on Monday.
Last year I would have been happy to see Penrith win but some of these knobs in the media almost makes you want to see them fail now.
Yep I am going for Souffs in the finals.
Bennett, Ben Hornby & JD have done some good things at our club so I will go to their corner out of the final Top 4
I also will send JD a message asking to consider resting all their stars in Round 25 so we can have a win
I also think Latrell and or Tom Turbo are the form backs of the comp and love watching them play

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep I am going for Souffs in the finals.
Bennett, Ben Hornby & JD have done some good things at our club so I will go to their corner out of the final Top 4
I also will send JD a message asking to consider resting all their stars in Round 25 so we can have a win
I also think Latrell and or Tom Turbo are the form backs of the comp and love watching them play
Yes it would be good to see Souths in the finals for Bennett, Hornby and Demetriou. Whether or not they win is subject to if they can overcome the saying any team being beaten by 50 or more to whatever won't win the grand final. Souths were beaten twice with scoreline reaching 50 or more - Storm 50-0, Panthers 56-12. I hope they do though.

Dragon David

First Grade
It goes to show that even if Hook questions the shoulder tackle of Cleary on Bird, they have the answers to dismiss any misadventure by Cleary. Rava's tackle on Whitehead did not result in any injury to Whitehead. It was a great tackle but the judiciary gave him only 5 minutes to say guilty as charged. As I said somewhere else, it will be open slather and the shoulder can now be used to brace yourself in any tackle without any penalty. Yahoo guys, go for it.

rasaint

Juniors
Looking at the ‘Shoulder Charge’. Hopefully sensible comment.

It was introduced to stop the shoulder being used to crash into the heads of players. I think it was a knee jerk rule application where players were throwing themselves shoulder cocked up to the high chest area to knock a ball carrier off his feet. It was being mistimed and players were copping shoulder hits higher in the neck and head.

However, you can charge in with a big swinging arm and knock the ball carrier into 2030 as long as it doesn’t hit the neck or head. The swinging arm and shoulder charge are hardly different in effect if timed correctly.

But the shoulder charge mainly with Rava this year ( only ?) was interrupted as any shoulder force in a tackle to anywhere on the body without an arm wrap, albeit that Rava‘s last guilty verdict for around the legs, was because his arm wrap was ‘belated’ ( good grief).

My view is that whether it’s a shoulder first or swinging arm it’s ok, but if it collects the head your gone.

Nathan Cleary and Rava’s last egregious judiciary verdict were not real ‘shoulder charges’. BTW many kick off returns usually carry some form of shoulder bracing against the collision. Good luck to Nathan if he gets off or little fine slap. Wether it’s him or Rava I don’t want stupid judiciary determinations. I don’t think Hook was after Cleary just smarting and annoyed at the farce of the tragic round and almost instant retreat thereafter and biting his tongue as his power running winger was rubbed out for 4 weeks for an around the legs tackle.

Finally, the whole judiciary system desparately needs an overhaul. It’s perceived by many fans as comprised and biased whether that’s true or not true, open to possible manipulation via determination of types of no charges or yes charges and particularly grading. Then there is discounts, prior offences, early pleas the same small group are judge and jury ( we have a court system that selects juries for a case from a different and wide spread cross section of community).

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I just sent an email to the NRL showing that picture and asked the question why the ref didn't put Cleary on report. I wonder if I'll get any reply?
Dragon Dave it’s great what you did, I like that your taking this glaring bias and bullshit that we all see to the NRL but I wouldn’t be surprised to any reaction at all and the pricks that run our once great Club run and hide. With so-called millionaire that owns the club, it’s pathetic. This is one whole shit show is pathetic.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If only Hook went hard about the decisions earlier when he should of rather than now when they have a million carry over points and have been charged every game for an offence. I am sure Rava would have escaped at least 1 before they one they did fight against when the damage was already done and Rava had 2 crap charges before.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon Dave it’s great what you did, I like that your taking this glaring bias and bullshit that we all see to the NRL but I wouldn’t be surprised to any reaction at all and the pricks that run our once great Club run and hide. With so-called millionaire that owns the club, it’s pathetic. This is one whole shit show is pathetic.
Well so far I've received zilch. So I'm guessing they would get so many "complaints" from fans that they take everything with a grain of salt and because they are who they think they are, they feel that there is no need to respond.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Well so far I've received zilch. So I'm guessing they would get so many "complaints" from fans that they take everything with a grain of salt and because they are who they think they are, they feel that there is no need to respond.
I know how you feel mate. I got the same response from NRL360 when I sent them a video someone else on here had made up showing how similar Ravalawa's tackles were to other ones that were let go. Zilch.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Yes Dragon Dave they receive complaints all the time and that’s exactly what they will do. But you had a go at them about their flawed and bias system. That’s all you can do, let’s hope that Karma comes and bites these pricks in the arse.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
@Gourley's Socks

Mate I think it's inevitable...

Cleary is Clearly worthy of a Ravalawa Sequel...
Honestly, I don't know that I have it in me.

In my opinion, WWE has more integrity as a contest than the NRL at the moment. At least they admit to scripting the outcome in advance.

Couple that with some of the at best baffling and at worst spectacularly inept moves from the Dragons hierarchy and I'm rapidly falling out of love with the game.

Were it not for being bored s-less in lockdown, I probably would have checked out by now. Bring on the cricket - hopefully.

Latest posts