What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Thread - Triple Header at Eden Park

Burns

First Grade
A thread for the three matches today

Who wins?

Im going with Samoa to beat Fiji comfortably. Fiji have really struggled to get their NRL players out for this match which is pretty weird.

New Zealand to edge out GB Lions. I'm not that fussed on this game? Feel like i've seen NZ v England another times the past few years.

The highlight of course is Australia v Tonga. Hopefully it's somewhat close for 60min? I feel good about Tonga?

adamkungl

Immortal
Lets do this

Normally I'd say Fiji but the outs for them are a few too many. Samoa look good across the park.
Don't write off Fiji, these games never go quite how you expect, but i'll tip Samoa to win.

NZ to beat GB in a close one. I don't really expect much from either side, I feel like they are both struggling with halves combinations.

Australia will beat Tonga but hopefully Tonga give them a good score.

Burns

First Grade
Pretty sure a Tongan victory today would be the most incredible thing in international league history since maybe the Kiwis World Cup win in 2008.

An Oceanic Cup with them, NZ and Samoa next year would be electric.

Arucard

Juniors
And in typical rugby league fashion, only the Australia Tonga game is being broadcasted for overseas viewers....... lol :joy:

thorson1987

Coach
Pretty sure a Tongan victory today would be the most incredible thing in international league history since maybe the Kiwis World Cup win in 2008.

An Oceanic Cup with them, NZ and Samoa next year would be electric.

Australia aren't in it next year anyway are they?

Jim from Oz

Juniors
And in typical rugby league fashion, only the Australia Tonga game is being broadcasted for overseas viewers....... lol :joy:
All three games are live on free to air on nine GEM in Australia.

Fiji up 24 to 0 against Samoa after 24 minutes!

The Rosco

Bench
Importantly, we have learned that the Polynesian version of the name Tim is in fact Timoteo.
So both Tim Simona ( wanna buy some signed jumpers?) and Tim Lafai ( how hot am I?) are in fact Timoteo.
I feel privileged to be the first to have shared that info with you. Mind you, I only found out myself when Lafai . . . sorry, Timoteo Lafai was kicking the goal.
I'm still amazed that nobody picked that up before today !!

Burns

First Grade
Big second half here for Samoa, given the likelyhood that the winner will play NZ and Tonga next year in the Oceanic Cup. Would be much better preparation for 2021 RLWC than playing PNG and the Cook Islands.

Burns

First Grade
Fiji got this in the bag now, 38-10 with about 20min to go.

Probably not the result you would want for good crowds/hype for the Oceanic Cup for next year, but they deserve it more than Samoa.