What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match thread vs Cowboys Round 20

Karmawave

Bench
I've got nothing to say.

I think the forwards metres gained will say it all perfectly once again.

Tom155

Coach
any changes for next week that are not forced by injury? doubt it but there should be

aqua_duck

Coach
Time is start blooding guys like Tetevano, Cook, Wilson, Mata'utia, Williams and Naiqamam, see if they're up to it or not, no point continually picking guys who aren't good enough

Yosh

Coach
Time is start blooding guys like Tetevano, Cook, Wilson, Mata'utia, Williams and Naiqamam, see if they're up to it or not, no point continually picking guys who aren't good enough

I said that before and got hammered for it...

Haven't watch the game yet but you guys draw a pretty good picture!

RHCP

Bench
any changes for next week that are not forced by injury? doubt it but there should be
We could just about sack everybody - but we wont.

Personally I am quite keen to see Kev Naiqama and Sione Tovo get a run before the season finishes. Pete and Williams if we are really stretched. Tetavano, Cook and Wilson will have to wait their turns.

slotmachine

First Grade

Correct.

Cross 9 (69m)
Kaufusi 6 (46m)
Fa'aoso 4 (27m)
Taufua 10 (66m)
Edwards 13 (93m)
Taia 9 (54m)
Hilder 11 (69m)

Versus

Scott 19 (170m)
Mason 12 (89m)
Tamou 9 (86m)
Webb 8 (56m)
Hogan 8 (47m)
Bolton 12 (110m)
O'Donnell 16 (108m)

Bring on 2012

Serc

First Grade
Uate 202m (17 runs, 3 line breaks)
Gidley 195m (21 runs, 1 try assist)
Edwards 102m (13 runs, 3 offloads)
Sau 83m (12 runs, 1 try assist - was that the pass to Vuna at the end?)
Mullen 82m (9 runs, 1 line break, 1 try assist)

Tackle breaks
Gidley 12
Uate 9

Mullen 5

Offloads
Edwards 3
Uate 2

Penalties
Taia 3

Errors
Uate 5
McManus 2
Kaufusi 2

Tackles
Hilder 43 (5 missed)
Cross 30 (2 missed)

Ciraldo 30 (5 missed)
Taia 30 (7 missed, 5 ineffective)
Mullen 26 (8 missed)

Missed tackles
Mullen 8
Taia 7
De Gois 6 (made 21)
Rogers 5 (made 12)
Hilder 5
Ciraldo 5

Aku made 2 and missed 3

Hitups
Taia 11 for 80m
Taufua 9 for 71m
Hilder 11 for 68m
Edwards 9 for 56m
Cross 6 for 49m
Kaufusi 5 for 39m
Ciraldo 5 for 32m
Fa'aoso 4 for 28m
Mika 3 for 16m

Gene Krupa

Referee

Said that last week. More ostrich selections next week though.

Well Kaufusi is a gee up of a player isn't he. Can't even fire up to prove a point to his old club. Not going to mention the coach because he has to live and die by his recruitment decisions. Burraston's loyalty to the bloke is commendable but the club is bigger than both of them. Don't start me on that subject. Blind loyalty. Here we go again........ Did Smithy teach us nothing.

shane1970

Juniors
My local team have lost 7 in a row - I was wandering whether Rick and co could stop at Port Macquarie on their way home and give us a run - our boys need a winning confidence lift!

shane1970

Juniors
I've got nothing to say.

Cheer up Karma - look at it this way - with Rogers apparently serious injury atleast we can look forward to next week with Super Scotty Dureau at the helm of our attacking raids!
Oh my Manly are gonna have a field day:crazy:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well with McManus and Rogers injured we will be looking for a 3/4 and a half to come into FG

What's the bet it will be Wes and Scotty lol

knights girl

Juniors
so I got bagged out for having an opinion about rick stone and his lack of coaching ability and about james mcmanus and to my surprise macavity your starting to agree with some of my comments that I've been saying all year eg.. no structure in defence or attack and they don't play as a team it's individual efforts when they score most of the time...and the comment that someone said knights girl thinks stone is satan so how long do we give satan??....to a happier note great game from joel edwards who was supposedly sick and unavailable for selection(pika..is that you rick stone??)..and has a good game. He even re-signed and god knows why with rick stone coaching you....he'll be lucky to learn anything(once he leaves rip taylor he'll go backwards like most of the first grade squad under our coach)...as I said our team is laughable atm and stone needs to be punted or we have another year of these type of results!!!

Charlie124

First Grade
the only blokes who struck me as not having a dig were Kaufusi and Faas.

the rest were having a dig - they just aren't very good.

serious question - did Jimmy always look so uncoordinated out there, or is it only since he came back?

Kaufusi not having a dig?? surely you jest.

Serc

First Grade
lol...I'm guessing he was crook early in the week, and they were going to see how he was later in the week...a good excuse to sneak him in on the team sheet at the last second :p Not to mention Stone talking about not playing anyone who wasn't 100%...starting with Mad Dog and Tolar earlier in the week. That might have been just some spin to the media for all I know but it did fit the pattern. Anyway looks like Edwards came good and played 31 mins so not a lot of time spent on the field.

Here's Stone and Crossy's press conference:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/video/0,,NRL Media Conferences_40262,00.html

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Another week, another loss.

I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again, why do we have 10 halfbacks running around and no forwards? Here's an idea boys, how about the forwards just hang onto the ball, I don't particularly care if you only make 30m a set, because 40m would be asking too much. That way, maybe, just maybe, the halves and outside backs can attempt to actually do what backs do ...

On the plus side, it was a marked improvement on last week with the vast majority of players actually having a go. Unfortunately, we're just not good enough.

cram

Bench
so I got bagged out for having an opinion about rick stone and his lack of coaching ability and about james mcmanus and to my surprise macavity your starting to agree with some of my comments that I've been saying all year eg.. no structure in defence or attack and they don't play as a team it's individual efforts when they score most of the time...and the comment that someone said knights girl thinks stone is satan so how long do we give satan??....to a happier note great game from joel edwards who was supposedly sick and unavailable for selection(pika..is that you rick stone??)..and has a good game. He even re-signed and god knows why with rick stone coaching you....he'll be lucky to learn anything(once he leaves rip taylor he'll go backwards like most of the first grade squad under our coach)...as I said our team is laughable atm and stone needs to be punted or we have another year of these type of results!!!

We need a yawn button...