What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo in secret talks with the Dogs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Source: James Hooper - Sunday Telegraph - link not available at this stage.

The Sunday Tele understands that Mateo has been having secret talks with the dogs about walking away from the last year of his contract, Osbourne is appaerently not very happy with the situation and will be talking to Greenberg about it, the bizaar twist to this rumour is that the dogs have offered 225K and Mateo is currently on 275K and want the eels to release Mateo and fork out 50K :lol::lol:... Greenberg is apperenetly unaware of the secret meetings.

Mateo apparently wants out because he doesn't get along with DA.

They've also been linked to INU and KK...

I really hope nothing comes of all this but it appears that the events of 1995 and 4 Canterbury players coming over may come back and haunt us big time...

interesting times.

strider

Post Whore
mateo did re-sign for hages - who was a very different type of coach to ando (ie hages = soft, ando = harsh) ... who knows ???

murraymob

Coach
the bulldogs must have a rubber salary cap so far i have heard about 10 players linked to them for next year

Stagger eel

Staff member
What a load of rubbish! There not going anywhere.

that's funny you should say that, the article also reports that Riolo (Mate's manager) didn't know anything about it, so he rang Feleti and he confirmed that he met with a high ranking bulldogs official at the Albian hotel.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well then I hope it's Rubbish. How would the dogs be able to afford him though?

well they're being linked to several players so they must have some money to spend..

btw, I've said it before and i'll say it again I'm expecting to lose atleast 1 contracted player to fit T back in but at this stage I've got no idea who.

Parraletic

Juniors
Well i'd rather lose Inu than KK or Mateo. Hopefully we can hang on to them all. I'm sure Ossie & Ando will do the best by the club. Don't like hearing things like players having secret talks with other clubs though. Sick of hearing our players are linked to other clubs when there contracted here. It sux. The fans who support there clubs financially & emotionally get treated like dirt in this era of "proffesionalism".

eels4lyf

it's funny how i submitted a thread "someone is being overlooked", basically saying thati thought everyone wasn't worried about mateo. Now i haveno ties or sources with the club, just a member and season ticket holder. And i was just a bit nervous because he is another one of our franchise players, who is one of our crucial peices of the puzzle . . .

Everyone laughed and stagger told me to relax . . .

I hope you are wrong stagger, and you telling me to relax everyone laughing at me is worth it!

If he goes i will be devastated!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Normally i don't believe these rumours but these are way too consistent. I expecting that by the start of next season, Bulldogs would have signed atleast 1 first grader from us. Whether its Mortimer, Mateo, Lowrie or whoever else.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's funny how i submitted a thread "someone is being overlooked", basically saying thati thought everyone wasn't worried about mateo. Now i haveno ties or sources with the club, just a member and season ticket holder. And i was just a bit nervous because he is another one of our franchise players, who is one of our crucial peices of the puzzle . . .

Everyone laughed and stagger told me to relax . . .

I hope you are wrong stagger, and you telling me to relax everyone laughing at me is worth it!

If he goes i will be devastated!

and I'll continue to tell you to relax, I have every bit of faith with who's in charge and am confident that they'll make the right decision but you need to consider that when a player leaves than their money becomes available and we can use that money on someone that does want to come to the club..

I'm honestly over this crap about who we might lose, it really doesn't phase me anymore and I'm not interested in holding on to any player that doesn't want to be here, no point in crying about it.

btw, this is a report in the sunday telegraph, so unless they only print the report in the early edition and not include it on line than i'm definitely not wrong about the article.

btw btw, we won't lose all three next year...impossible!!!..we will probably lose a contracted player but I have no idea who that could be.

eels4lyf

stagger.

Mate like i said i am just a member/season ticket holder, with no ties to the club bar those things.

So i like to come on here and have a read, and i respect everything you say on here. I agree 100000000% with what you are saying, if someone doesnt want to be here at the eels than i say see you later.

I will relax, all i'm saying is that i think it is quite dissapointing to lose someone of his class if he is simply 'unhappy'. But again, what yousay is correct, lets use his money to buy someone who loves the place and wants to be here . . .

Dymock is the one trying to get him to the Dogs.

Losing Feleti would be tragic. Then again, Mateo has had an unhappy time under DA so far.

The current Bulldogs style of play would suit Mateo even more.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dymock is the one trying to get him to the Dogs.

Losing Feleti would be tragic. Then again, Mateo has had an unhappy time under DA so far.

The current Bulldogs style of play would suit Mateo even more.

I think you're right about Dynock, it mentions him in the article too..

Parraletic

Juniors
I agree with you Stagger. I am also now confident in the who's in charge at Parra to make the right decisions. I would not have said that line 6 months ago!

Stagger eel

Staff member
stagger.

Mate like i said i am just a member/season ticket holder, with no ties to the club bar those things.

So i like to come on here and have a read, and i respect everything you say on here. I agree 100000000% with what you are saying, if someone doesnt want to be here at the eels than i say see you later.

I will relax, all i'm saying is that i think it is quite dissapointing to lose someone of his class if he is simply 'unhappy'. But again, what yousay is correct, lets use his money to buy someone who loves the place and wants to be here . . .

mate, I'm always disspointed about losing players every year, but it comes with the territory, but I am so pumped about our future under this current board, CEO and coach that if I pick up a paper tomorrow and read that INU has signed with the tigers and Mateo has gone to the dogs than i expect Lote Tuqiri and and maybe a Paul Gallan to be waiting at our door step in return.

I have faith that these guys can deliver but you can't be dismissive about players that may not want to be here..