What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo offloads to Mateo

Chipmunk

Coach
The next set of six after this 'play' from Mateo pretty much sums up Parramatta.....make it up as you go along, no direction, no game plan, no structure, no purpose, no organisation......pretty much No HALFBACK!!

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm going to the pub, I can't cop this sh*t. But before I leave, Mateo, f**k off now you useless prick. Offloads to no one all night, and then he gets killed by Lowe, flops on him then punches him for no reason. You're a hack, should have been binned.

TheMoneyBoxMan

Juniors
Im just going next week to wave those two f**ktards goodbye.I will be so pleased to see the back of Inu and Mateo I will be jumping for joy. He hooks Mortimer but leaves those two moronic, useless pieces of crap on the field! Go figure.

mrpwnd

Bench
Well, I think Mateo made the record books.
First player in the history of rugby league to offload to himself.
In all the games I can recall at the top of my head, that was by far the most ridiculous and amusing thing i've seen in a game.

Noise

Coach
If he off loaded to himself do i get points in supercoach for the hit up, the off load and the subsequent hit up he made? That is sum good points right there...

Just checked my supercoach score, Mateo 104 :shock: He must have got bonus points for a never b4 seen play in rugby league

boxhead

First Grade
Well, I think Mateo made the record books.
First player in the history of rugby league to offload to himself.
In all the games I can recall at the top of my head, that was by far the most ridiculous and amusing thing i've seen in a game.

Was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in Rugby League too....
:?
I'm divided over Mateo tonight though, he had so many brain explosions and made so many errors, but I actually did get a sense that he was trying, perhaps just too hard and with no care in the world.

mrpwnd

Bench
If he off loaded to himself do i get points in supercoach for the hit up, the off load and the subsequent hit up he made? That is sum good points right there...

Just checked my supercoach score, Mateo 104 :shock: He must have got bonus points for a never b4 seen play in rugby league
You could tell Freddy was stoked too.

Gaffman

Juniors
I've already mouthed off about mateo in another thread a moment ago but i'll have another dig for good measure.

This bloke has been at our club for how long? 5 years or something? And they still haven't been able to coach the stupid sh*t out of him OR coach every other player to be up to his standard of crazy.

Someone else said it but i too missed Robson tonight... How nice to have a playmaker who doesn't try beyond his means and put pressure on the rest of the team with every carry.

I'll finish with a props to Horo, great game to have after resigning. Well done young fella.

mrpwnd

Bench
I've already mouthed off about mateo in another thread a moment ago but i'll have another dig for good measure.

This bloke has been at our club for how long? 5 years or something? And they still haven't been able to coach the stupid sh*t out of him OR coach every other player to be up to his standard of crazy.

Someone else said it but i too missed Robson tonight... How nice to have a playmaker who doesn't try beyond his means and put pressure on the rest of the team with every carry.

I'll finish with a props to Horo, great game to have after resigning. Well done young fella.
I used to play a fair bit of junior footy, had alot of polynesian blokes out on the wings. There are 2 types of polynesian players - the Fuifui mould who just go for a hit up and smash people like no tomorrow and then there's the Inu/Mateo-esque type who play for the glamour and prefer to be exciting rather than consistent. Coach told me he's had to deal with it for a while now and that it's hard to coach it out of them...Still, we were all 14 year old kids back then, you'd expect less stubbornness from a professional player of 20+ years...

jayjayselmes

Juniors
i might try and offload to myself next week in OZ Tag. Ill see what the boys think of my game plan. I might be benched before we take the field... lol

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I used to play a fair bit of junior footy, had alot of polynesian blokes out on the wings. There are 2 types of polynesian players - the Fuifui mould who just go for a hit up and smash people like no tomorrow and then there's the Inu/Mateo-esque type who play for the glamour and prefer to be exciting rather than consistent. Coach told me he's had to deal with it for a while now and that it's hard to coach it out of them...Still, we were all 14 year old kids back then, you'd expect less stubbornness from a professional player of 20+ years...

Agreed. Some of these guys need to man up and stop being big babys. There getting good coin for sub par performances. IF they cant hack it go to a team that buys cry babys. As soon as you tell them they are playing ordinary they bring out the whole racist card or complain there being picked on. It really pisses me off.

The whole I am a Polynesian and if you criticize my performances ill whinge to the media or cry racism is a joke. The whole value of that WORD RACISM is so de valued in this day and age the word has lost its meaning. Man up for bugger off.

Ando told the kiwis when he coached there they were nothing but lazy coconuts. In the end he was let go. Instead of cleaning out the crap players they keep them and booted Ando..... Its time to man up to the professional football tag and earn your $$$$

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
Agreed. Some of these guys need to man up and stop being big babys. There getting good coin for sub par performances. IF they cant hack it go to a team that buys cry babys. As soon as you tell they they are playing ordinary they bring out the whole racist card or complain there being picked on. It really pisses me off.

The whole I am a polynesian and if you criticise my performances ill whinge to the media or cry racism is a joke. The whole value is that WORD RACISM is so de valued in this day and age the word has lost its meaning. Man up for bugger off.

Ando told the kiwis when he coached there they were nothing but lazy comerkins. In the end he was let go. Instead of cleaning out the crap players they keep then and booted Ando..... Its time to man up to the professional football tag and earn your $$$$
It's a pity too, growing up around Bankstown I see alot of incredibly talented Polynesian players who never end up going anywhere because they just want to play flashy footy or belt blokes. IMO, if alot of them stepped up some, we could easily see NZ/Fiji/Tonga being the most dominant team, with Aus coming in at 4th.

jayjayselmes

Juniors

triple post

Last edited:

jayjayselmes

Juniors
double post

Gaffman

Juniors
Im not going to say Mateo is too flashy and its to do with being polynesian... he just has lousy self control. Dave Taylor has as much skill for a big man but enough sense to know when to just cling onto the pill and hit the ground.

Anyway, i've ragged on him enough, and he's only got one game left in the blue and gold. Lets pray he manages less than 3 turnovers next week.