What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matiua Signs with Sharks

Since 73

First Grade
Ain't gonna get into a debate on comparing the demerits of bird and reni but it's interesting to note that one bloke played under the strict guidance and discipline of ricky stuart yet still contiued to derail his career while the other bloke was part of the 'anything goes' regime of steve Folkes, yet his misdemeanour for getting punted was missing training.

Belmore's been rotten from the top down and someone should have taken a flame thrower to it long before now.
For all the flak SBW copped, he'd do the same thing again to get out.

Be a pretty sure thing also that Reni missing training was calculated to get the very result he achieved today - whether it was with us or somebody else.

Imagine Bird operating in that environment.
Hypothetical - but Hasim El Masri he ain't.

Since 73

First Grade
Jack Gibson used to say - you pick your best 13 then worry about positions later.

If Sticky subscribes to that theory there is one bloke who got picked consistently in the centres last season who'll be nowhere near our top 13 in 09.

Jack Gibson used to say - you pick your best 13 then worry about positions later.

If Sticky subscribes to that theory there is one bloke who got picked consistently in the centres last season who'll be nowhere near our top 13 in 09.

f*ck I hope you're right 73.

Surely

Post Whore
I reckon Bird must have boned someones wife, there can be no other explanation.

I have heard that Bird told Ricky that he is the best player in the club and because of him [bird] the sharks have been going well.Bird was arrogant to Ricky and demanded he was to be put back in the squad,and if anyone knows Ricky that is not the way to respond to him.So what does the club do?Keep Bird or take the coaches demand to get rid of him.Now that Reni has decided the puzzle is solved.:cool:

Ain't gonna get into a debate on comparing the demerits of bird and reni but it's interesting to note that one bloke played under the strict guidance and discipline of ricky stuart yet still contiued to derail his career while the other bloke was part of the 'anything goes' regime of steve Folkes, yet his misdemeanour for getting punted was missing training.

Belmore's been rotten from the top down and someone should have taken a flame thrower to it long before now.
For all the flak SBW copped, he'd do the same thing again to get out.

Be a pretty sure thing also that Reni missing training was calculated to get the very result he achieved today - whether it was with us or somebody else.

Imagine Bird operating in that environment.
Hypothetical - but Hasim El Masri he ain't.

Hear, hear.

Good post.

I have heard that Bird told Ricky that he is the best player in the club and because of him [bird] the sharks have been going well.Bird was arrogant to Ricky and demanded he was to be put back in the squad,and if anyone knows Ricky that is not the way to respond to him.So what does the club do?Keep Bird or take the coaches demand to get rid of him.Now that Reni has decided the puzzle is solved.:cool:

You have heard...?

That's like saying, no offence...

No offence enmore, but you're a f**k pig.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Well this could indicate Birdy is not going to be with us. Shame. But in saying that, I reckon Matua rates as a footballer. Now if we can only get him out there in place of Simmo...it will be win/win.

Quigs

Immortal
"Our" Dave Q is the official spokesman for Souffs in here Aaron.

Or is there a new power struggle going on in the Redfern strip.

Out with the OLD in with the NEW

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
Everyone is going on about Reni replacing Simmo, but I think if anyone from the backrow gets a centre spot it'll be Ando.

Based on K's team here's what I see:-

1. Kearney
2. Misi
3. Pom
4. Anderson
5. Covell
6. Barrett
7. Seymour
8. Douglas
9. Hughes
10. Ross
11. Tupou
12. Gallen
13. Maitua

14. Snowden
15. Williams
16. Millington
17. Seu Seu

Those in red I see as being on shaky ground or being our next focus to improve upon. Cov will be looking over his shoulder as well.

All in all not a bad looking squad

Surely

Post Whore
Oh well can't help bad luck, if he's comming though the lazy bastard can play in the forwards, no bludging out in the centres.

I'd like to see seymour and green in the halves and pom and tampon in the centres, hookers a worry though hughes is about half the player degois is.

ByRd

First Grade
goodluck with him guys, he can be good but he needs to get his head out of his a$$ first

Stonecutter

First Grade
Everyone is going on about Reni replacing Simmo, but I think if anyone from the backrow gets a centre spot it'll be Ando.

Based on K's team here's what I see:-

1. Kearney
2. Misi
3. Pom
4. Anderson
5. Covell
6. Barrett
7. Seymour
8. Douglas
9. Hughes
10. Ross
11. Tupou
12. Gallen
13. Maitua

14. Snowden
15. Williams
16. Millington
17. Seu Seu

Those in red I see as being on shaky ground or being our next focus to improve upon. Cov will be looking over his shoulder as well.

All in all not a bad looking squad

Highlight Seu Seu instead of Kearney and that's how I'd have it.