What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Ballin re-signs for 4 years

Ryan

Juniors
SEA EAGLES SIGN MATT BALLIN TO NEW FOUR YEAR DEAL

12/03/2009 - By Manly Sea Eagles

NRL Premiers and World Club Champions Manly Sea Eagles today announced the signing of 25 year old star hooker Matt Ballin for a further four years.
The former Brisbane Bronco hooker scored the opening try in last year's historic 40 nil grand final win over Melbourne. Ballin took over the permanent hooking role from Michael Monaghan at the start of the 2008 season and played all 27 matches in the centenary season campaign. He has played just 40 first grade games with the Sea Eagles and is set for a long career in maroon and white. Ballin said he is delighted to remain with the Sea Eagles.

"They gave me an opportunity in the NRL and I am grateful for that - I am happy my future has been settled and I look forward to another great season,"Ballin said. Ballin will continue with his personal fitness business - MB Fitness- despite his new deal. "Away from training with the team I enjoy helping people with their fitness and I will do as much as I can,” he said.
Manly CEO Grant Mayer said Ballin's signing was vital for the future of the club. "A number of other clubs were keen to sign him and we can understand why but his loyalty and commitment to Manly was always going to keep him here.” The negotiations probably took a little longer than we hoped but it is over now and he will in all probability always remain a Manly boy now,” Mayer said

www.manlyseaeagles.com

So Choc Watmough's issue was nothing.
Brett's DNA tests are negative.
Ballin re-signs LONG term

Eat that media mafia

watatank

Coach
Great news for you. Ballin is a quality player IMO and really proving his worth, rated him even before Monaghan left Manly

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Ballin > Monaghan
I cant believe some of the hysteria when Monas went to England (mainly from opposition fans). He was a pretty good backup halfback and had that blinder in a semi-final against the Cowboys, but was hardly a world beater.

Dutchy

Immortal
If Smith ends up moving into the halves when Lockyer retires, Ballin with be QLD SOO hooker.

Ryan

Juniors
Nah Dutchy mate - I reckon QLD would still go with Thurston Prince Combo regardless.

Ryan

Juniors
Who is Parra's Hooker this week Diablo? How many 1st grade premiership rings do they have again?

You could only WISH in your brightest dreams you could have a player of the ilk of Matty Ballin.

PS, watch the game against us at Brooky in 08. You'll see who Ballin is - he's the one that scored from dummy 1/2 - ahahahahahaha !

BWNB

First Grade
SEA EAGLES SIGN MATT BALLIN TO NEW FOUR YEAR DEAL

12/03/2009 - By Manly Sea Eagles

NRL Premiers and World Club Champions Manly Sea Eagles today announced the signing of 25 year old star hooker Matt Ballin for a further four years.
The former Brisbane Bronco hooker scored the opening try in last year's historic 40 nil grand final win over Melbourne. Ballin took over the permanent hooking role from Michael Monaghan at the start of the 2008 season and played all 27 matches in the centenary season campaign. He has played just 40 first grade games with the Sea Eagles and is set for a long career in maroon and white. Ballin said he is delighted to remain with the Sea Eagles.

"They gave me an opportunity in the NRL and I am grateful for that - I am happy my future has been settled and I look forward to another great season,"Ballin said. Ballin will continue with his personal fitness business - MB Fitness- despite his new deal. "Away from training with the team I enjoy helping people with their fitness and I will do as much as I can,” he said.
Manly CEO Grant Mayer said Ballin's signing was vital for the future of the club. "A number of other clubs were keen to sign him and we can understand why but his loyalty and commitment to Manly was always going to keep him here.” The negotiations probably took a little longer than we hoped but it is over now and he will in all probability always remain a Manly boy now,” Mayer said

www.manlyseaeagles.com

So Choc Watmough's issue was nothing.
Brett's DNA tests are negative.
Ballin re-signs LONG term

Eat that media mafia
Watmoughs issue was something, he is a tool of the highest order, I just wonder how long the free sponsorship Manly had offered the victim.
Brett's DNA was negative but doesn't mean he is innocent as yet.

Scottey

Juniors
4 year deal.

He's obviously in Manly's long-term plans.
It's good to see some psotive press regarding Manly.

Latest posts