What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

stg666

Juniors
whoa up jooeey ...... he is not ready yet for the big time imo . imagine sam burgess running at him. he would be ..cked up after the first game with his head hangin' . he won't be in first grade next year either . dunno how old he is but if he went anywhere it would be to the cutters. we don't need players that are too young playing first grade right now.

St Tangles

Bench
Played NSW u/18's. Still a bit away from top grade but shows all the attributes required. Just hope we have him signed up. Also like the look of Drew Hutchinson long term.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Born 10th January 1996.Can play Under 20's for 2 more years.
Let him enjoy the game and learn.Will attract interest from other clubs for sure,especially the Doggies.

Lancelot:thumb

GT0007

Juniors
He won't play NRL for at least 2yrs. Might even find his way into the halves due to his size. Hope we sign him long term now before he gets poached

TheRev

First Grade
Freaking godly kid, won the game all on his own today, hes not quite billy slater, but hes the next closest thing ive seen, cuts the defensive line like a surgeon, and has some halves skills too, nice cutout ball.

Makes me moist thinking about the 1 & 6 Partnership of Dufty & Crook making it to first grade, they look great together, but Crook was injured again today, and tbh im starting to wonder whether he has the body to make it (cross fingers).

Back to Dufty, look he would kill it in 1st grade, he will surpass Dugan (and then some with his complete game), however fullback is a position you get SMASHED in, and at 18, he really needs some more time, unless hes going to perhaps play Wing.

Thing that saddens me is the loss of Hastings Still, Hastings and Dufty are very alike, Hastings has a better halves game, but Dufty is the more dangerous ball runner, what sux is that we should have kept both of them.

BennyV

Referee
2nd this. We need this kid in 1st grade NOW!

I tell ya, I've read some dumb things on this forum, but this is right up there!!! He is 17 and has.played fullback for 1 year. Lets let him fine tuen his game and grow into his body a bit before making these sort of claims.

denis preston

First Grade
A lot can happen to a 17 year olds body in 2 years so he needs time and I'd say the club has looked at his parents for a guide to what physical shape he will be. Normally would be an exciting time for the club with at least 5 very good prospects coming through but with the salary cap and brown paper bags we may be lucky to keep two.I sure hope not.

Jooeeyy

Juniors
I tell ya, I've read some dumb things on this forum, but this is right up there!!! He is 17 and has.played fullback for 1 year. Lets let him fine tuen his game and grow into his body a bit before making these sort of claims.

First he is not 17 he is 18 and will be turning 19 in early January. Second I didn't mean put him in the front line straight away what I meant was to sign him into first grade and train him in the off season and then see how we go.

TheRev

First Grade
Normally would be an exciting time for the club with at least 5 very good prospects coming through but with the salary cap and brown paper bags we may be lucky to keep two.I sure hope not.
Dufty is the only one heads and shoulders above the rest (now that Hastings is gone).

Bird is the next most hopeful (cross fingers), Crook a maybe if he can stay healthy.. some of the centres are going ok.. and some of the forwards look solid, but I feel its too early to tell whether they can make the jump in grade, I imagine forwards have a much harder time adapting to first grade since they need to put on plenty of kilo's to go belting fully grown men I think I heard its age 21-22 before your bones fully harden.

BennyV

Referee
First he is not 17 he is 18 and will be turning 19 in early January. Second I didn't mean put him in the front line straight away what I meant was to sign him into first grade and train him in the off season and then see how we go.

Well then, your comment becomes substantially less silly!

He is an excitement machine. Could make the Dugan to centre move a permanent one! Imagine the backline we could have in a few years with him, Aitken, Runciman, etc

giboz71

First Grade
If he continues improving, then the message needs to be made to him that he will at least be training in FG sooner rather than later. That seems to be the deciding factor these days.

I like what the Tigers are doing with guys like Brooks and Moses. Give them a game or two in the top grade and see if they can cut it.

Don't want another Hastings episode, and you can be sure teams like the Roosters and Dogs will be circling.

TheRev

First Grade
If he continues improving, then the message needs to be made to him that he will at least be training in FG sooner rather than later. That seems to be the deciding factor these days.

I like what the Tigers are doing with guys like Brooks and Moses. Give them a game or two in the top grade and see if they can cut it.

Don't want another Hastings episode, and you can be sure teams like the Roosters and Dogs will be circling.

Spot on, we need to make it clear that this is the dragons up'and'comer, and hes our focus (long overdue too, most other clubs seem to have a freak or 3 on the way)

I saw some of Moses today, he looked tiny out there against 1st graders, but not completely out of place.. hopefully the club knows what its doing, they just need to make him the priority unlike some of the previous examples we have seen like Hastings & nearly Bird too.

Latest posts