What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

rasaint

Juniors
I agree why all the hate?
In only 4 seasons the guy scored 45 blistering NRL trys for the dragons and a number sublime individual efforts. The Roosters game in 2019 long ranger where he busted the line and turned Tedesco and Cronk inside out I’ll never forget.
Now we are excited to replace him with the latest future superstar and add a few more slow pokes to the existing ones.
Anyway onwards and upwards.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Sort of disagree but know where you're coming from. At that stage it was coming down to a choice between Hornby and Patten. The truth is whoever you picked you got it right in terms of fullback. Of course we know that Hornby reverted to #7 a few years later but that time they were both 1#'s.
I just meant that we’re letting go of a player with potential. Patten went on to win a gf with the dogs and became a much loved player for them. I hope this doesn’t happen again

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I just meant that we’re letting go of a player with potential. Patten went on to win a gf with the dogs and became a much loved player for them. I hope this doesn’t happen again
As posters keep saying "we can't keep them all", and apparently we don't want the Duftster, so "thanks for the memories and good luck in the future".

But maybe not good luck against the Dragons!

Spazer

Juniors
I'd imagine they'll play him at fb and have JAC on the wing in their natural positions and keep burton at 6. If we had trouble beating the bulldogs now it's going to be even harder next year as duffman will have a point to prove every time he plays us.

But it is what it is. I'm backing sloan as our long term fb.

Old Timer

Coach
Dufty not in the all round same class as either Patten of Hornby and unlikely to ever win a premiership.

If you had a young LP or BH lining up against the MD highlight real and you had to make a decision to keep 1 some would go for MD simply based on the "thrill" factor and again IMO that would in the end prove to be the wrong decision if you want a truly reliable player at the back.

If one was to put a lowlight video of MD, LP, BH together it would quickly show the difference.

BLM01

First Grade
I'd imagine they'll play him at fb and have JAC on the wing in their natural positions and keep burton at 6. If we had trouble beating the bulldogs now it's going to be even harder next year as duffman will have a point to prove every time he plays us.

But it is what it is. I'm backing sloan as our long term fb.
Like to see how the Bulldogs cap will be in a few years. They paid f/back money for Addo Carr.
Looks like 3rd party sponsorships abound for the boys at Canterbury. Nothing to see there.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dufty's departure from the Dragons in 2022 to me will be a sad occasion. While I know he doesn't have all the skills needed to be a complete fullback as per Hooks specifications, he does have an x factor about him that Trent Barrett will use to good effect and what Barrett is looking at is being able to get a quality attacking spine and backline to score points.

If they can improve their defence, next year the Bulldogs will be a force and seeing Dufty score many tries and setting them up will be a nightmare. The Dogs have always been a hard team for us to beat and in 2022 they will prove to be hard as well.

All the best Matt. Keep the Dragons in your heart though.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Dufty's departure from the Dragons in 2022 to me will be a sad occasion. While I know he doesn't have all the skills needed to be a complete fullback as per Hooks specifications, he does have an x factor about him that Trent Barrett will use to good effect and what Barrett is looking at is being able to get a quality attacking spine and backline to score points.

If they can improve their defence, next year the Bulldogs will be a force and seeing Dufty score many tries and setting them up will be a nightmare. The Dogs have always been a hard team for us to beat and in 2022 they will prove to be hard as well.

All the best Matt. Keep the Dragons in your heart though.
He will hopefully return to the fold in a couple of years and give us his best. Such a dumb decision, noone can convince me any other way.

merahputih

Juniors
I wish Matt Dufty every success with his move, he has been poorly treated by the Dragons and a section of "supporters". French fullback Puig Aubert had the correct attitude to defence, perhaps the Duffman did too!
What a legend Puig Aubert was! As far as he was concerned his role was to kick goals and not be the last line of defense. I was only in primary school when France won the test series 3-0 against Australia in 1951. Apparently, he was famous for smoking a cigarette on the field occasionally and tossing down a few glasses of red in the sheds at half time.

Latest posts