What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Lodge

Big Pete

Referee
Has been released to the Warriors effective immediately.

Has signed on until 2022.

No word on whether his Player Options are still available for 2023 or 2024, you'd have to think not.

Big Pete

Referee
It's sort of bittersweet in a sense.

On one hand the club put itself in the firing line when they signed Lodge and had to face one of the biggest moral panics of the decade when they signed him. On the other he didn't let the club down once and really turned his life around. From all reports he got along well with everyone and you couldn't ask for anything more.

However, his time at the club also coincided with one of it's darkest periods. Changes had to be made and while he's been one of the better players his defence has left something to be desired.

I'll be curious to see how Kevie handles the prop position now. Haas is a world class player in his own right so you don't really need a gun offsider but whether Flegler, Bullemor, Kennedy, Riki or even Willison steps up remains to be seen. It probably wouldn't be such a headache if Carrigan and Asiata were both available.

I'll be very curious to see what the public perception will be once he leaves the Broncos. If the Warriors make a run towards the finals I have no doubt the tune will change around him.

DeeJ

Bench
Somewhat silly decisions to let him go considering his form this year, but if the rumours about his contract worth are correct, it is probably for the best for the near future.

Showtime

Juniors
Somewhat silly decisions to let him go considering his form this year, but if the rumours about his contract worth are correct, it is probably for the best for the near future.

I imagine Donaghy and Ikin have looked at our cap and the mistakes that have been made and Lodge is just a victim of that if you can use that word.

Latest posts