What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'd love to see the twins wearing the 2 and 4 jumpers on our left edge. For me this would be a great long term solution to the strike power on our left side. I think it won't be long until we see some really talented youngsters in our first grade backline:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Schiller
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt

If we can hold onto this line-up for a few years our prospects will be great.
Just hope I'm watching Rugby League and not Touch when all our stars align.

Belta

Juniors
Just hope I'm watching Rugby League and not Touch when all our stars align.

Just hope a lot of our hopeful’s fulfill our expectations and actually become first grader quality players. I have a feeling it won’t happen as quick as many of us will like but for now I’m plagiarising our new motto “ expect the worst hope for the best”

possm

Coach
What about Rav, had a great season.
Deserves right wing spot.
CC
Yes it will take time for Schiller to come through from Canterbury Cup. If he displaces Ravalawa it will only be becuase he his playing better. But I see Schiller and Matt Feagai as our long term wingers.

possm

Coach
Just hope a lot of our hopeful’s fulfill our expectations and actually become first grader quality players. I have a feeling it won’t happen as quick as many of us will like but for now I’m plagiarising our new motto “ expect the worst hope for the best”
Griffin values perfection in defence so, I doubt we will revisit the turn-style problems fo the past.

rasaint

Juniors
I want big very fast wingers please. Bring back Nene - big metre eater in early tackle count, always a chance for long range trys. Yep, I was a fan.

BLM01

First Grade
I want big very fast wingers please. Bring back Nene - big metre eater in early tackle count, always a chance for long range trys. Yep, I was a fan.
Bring back Nene!
You see that was the sort of conservative or short sighted ex Dragon signing that we were all whinging about in the Price / Mary era
sign him OK But follow the sharks model as their fourth or fifth best winner if injuries strike
he still does not show enough heart or efforts in his game for me
happy to have him for reserve grade at best without peeving one of our up-and-coming juniors off taking their position who are eyeing a future in first grade

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
Bring back Nene!
You see that was the sort of conservative or short sighted ex Dragon signing that we were all whinging about in the Price / Mary era
sign him OK But follow the sharks model as their fourth or fifth best winner if injuries strike
he still does not show enough heart or efforts in his game for me
happy to have him for reserve grade at best without peeving one of our up-and-coming juniors off taking their position who are eyeing a future in first grade
Waste of a spot in the 30.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
Waste of a spot in the 30.
CC
Ill go one step further. I would not bother for reggies either. Just appeasing those that rate him. I never did rate him when we signed him and never will based on his laziness and apparent lack of focus.
He had a slight better year when playing for a contract with us as per normal with more than 50% of players these days. hence the Cowboys signing him. It has been down hill ever since.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
Griffin values perfection in defence so, I doubt we will revisit the turn-style problems fo the past.

Yeah 100% agree with that Possum. If we can stop our leaky defence it’ll go a long way to our end result. Funnily enough I copped a very negative (albeit intox) Dragons supporter on Christmas Day, bagged all our signings and thinks little of our juniors, and I could tell I wasn’t gunna convince him otherwise. I also thought or knew he has had much closer links to players than me so rather than disagree I just said don’t under estimate the influence of the coaching staff, different structures, different ideas, game plans etc

One thing I also think is important is for some of our boys really need to go up a notch or two from their previous seasons, I think a few need to take it up several notches by having a big off season, especially our forwards, we need more aggression in defence and more power running from players like Lawrie, Kerr, Poasoa, Alvaro and a input or progression of players like Blacker and co, a lot of targets for the new coaches, if they can do this we may surprise a lot of critics.

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
OK some posters really don’t rate Nene at all. Beautiful highlights reel with a mix of 33 NRL try’s ; long range trys, high catch try’s, bustling try’s and well plain amazing contortionist try’s.

His 2019 ankle injury with cowboys was severe with horror break and dislocation double wamy His 2020 sharks try saw him scoop up a dropped ball and sprint 65 metres with the Penrith backline left behind as the after burners kicked in. He is a magnificent athlete in full flight.

yes he broke a contract with us to go to cowboys ( we realeased him on request I understand). We missed his powerful early count metre gains and sheer big guy speed. Plenty to like about Nene.

Dragsters

First Grade
Ill go one step further. I would not bother for reggies either. Just appeasing those that rate him. I never did rate him when we signed him and never will based on his laziness and apparent lack of focus.
He had a slight better year when playing for a contract with us as per normal with more than 50% of players these days. hence the Cowboys signing him. It has been down hill ever since.

I've never seen a winger found out of position in attack more than Nene. The amount of tries he bombed during his time with us where the ball sailed into touch because he was a metre or two behind the run of play was ridiculous...