What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

Maddragon99

Juniors
In my opinion both Feagai boys would not be out of place on the left right now. This would release Bird to play on the edge at 12 and Kerr to move back to the prop rotation:

First Grade
1. Ramsey - give him a few games and let's see how he goes
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax (Fui until Lomax returns)
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough - B Smith for 2022
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin

Bench
14. Dufty
15. Kerr
16. Faamausili
17. McGuire

Now for me, this looks like a well-balanced side with youth and experience, speed and mongrel. If we could keep this side on the park for most of the rest of the season, we should be in good shape for 2022.

Reserve Grade
1. Sloan
2. Periera
3. Schiller
4. Amone
5. Sauni-Esau
6. Norman - maybe the Dogs will want him
7. Clune
8. Alvaro
9. Wishart
10. Ellis
11. Ford
12. Burns
13. Fui (when Z Lomax returns)
Craig Bellamy was on NRL360 last night & said that Brandon Smith has requested a release from the final 2yrs of his contract but they won’t release him unless they get a player back in return.

So if you want Smith you’d have to sacrifice a quality player to get him.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think we needs to be clear on DeBelin. Firstly, I believe he hasnt trained leading up to the trial and during it thats possibly 8+ weeks. He hasnt played a competition game for near on 2 1/2 years, he aint going to waltz into 1st grade without at least 4 or more games in reserves. He also has no experience with the new playing rules. He's also now 30 yrs old. He also may need some down time before being subjected to crowds etc.

And this all assuming a positive result before or on the 28th.

I'll add also that Fui is arguably 8n our top 5 players each week so far this season amd you punt him to reserve grade...seriously!!!

Bird will stay at centre, Rava and Cody will be our wingers, at the very least, Kerr back to the bench and Fui to edge.
Jack’s been training at least part-time with the reserves all year. He’s an elite athlete combined with his desire to get back into the NRL I don’t think he’d need much time to be ready for a bench role before he’s back to a 80min player.

What will be interesting is where he plays, for mine Moose is playing a quality 80mins at lock right now so given Jack’s mobility he could take over from Kerr on the right edge. de Belin, Bird & Ramsey could be a formidable combination.

kit66

Bench
Max played in our last game against the Storm, that we won, and if I remember correctly put on two great hits and made some good metres.

I was impressed with both the brothers in the dogs game, they played like they belong in first grade. So did Amone.

Como Connection

First Grade
Craig Bellamy was on NRL360 last night & said that Brandon Smith has requested a release from the final 2yrs of his contract but they won’t release him unless they get a player back in return.

Normy
CC

possm

Coach

Welcome to the Dragons Smith, good luck down at the Storm McCullough, Britton or Wishart.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Jack’s been training at least part-time with the reserves all year. He’s an elite athlete combined with his desire to get back into the NRL I don’t think he’d need much time to be ready for a bench role before he’s back to a 80min player.

What will be interesting is where he plays, for mine Moose is playing a quality 80mins at lock right now so given Jack’s mobility he could take over from Kerr on the right edge. de Belin, Bird & Ramsey could be a formidable combination.
Bird and Ramsey play on the left edge though.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Max played in our last game against the Storm, that we won, and if I remember correctly put on two great hits and made some good metres.

I was impressed with both the brothers in the dogs game, they played like they belong in first grade. So did Amone.
I wouldn’t judge too harshly on last week of course players are going to get pulled apart by a team like Melbourne while a player or two down.

Illusion

Bench
The first big flaw I’ve seen in Max’s game was against Melbourne. He was turned inside out quite a few times in defence on the left. Hynes , in particular, beat him multiple times - he barely made a tackle. I hope Hook can address this because the kid has a lot of potential.
With the 2 of them maybe need more time , but I'm not feeling it ...... It wasn't an easy game to shine so yea lets give them time ....

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
You'll often see that with young inexperienced players their defence will develope and they'll adapt over time.
Agree but when you see a young player like Walker for Roosters you know he has something special straight into top grade and making a difference..... Not saying the twins won't be solid first graders ..... But do they have that something that as I said Special ..... Time will tell ......

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree but when you see a young player like Walker for Roosters you know he has something special straight into top grade and making a difference..... Not saying the twins won't be solid first graders ..... But do they have that something that as I said Special ..... Time will tell ......
Halfback is a position where a lot of special players play. He has grown up being coached from a very young age by his family in a very unstructured way. I feel Sullivan is in the same mould though.

Mattc

Juniors
Mat going well I think on the wing. I think he has deservingly jumped Ramsey.
Does anyone know what the full story is with Max? He has been out a long time.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Mat going well I think on the wing. I think he has deservingly jumped Ramsey.
Does anyone know what the full story is with Max? He has been out a long time.
Max had a crack but was found out terribly in defence on several occasions..Biding his time i guess ..

Inisai Toga

Juniors

I agree, they look calm and composed

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Halfback is a position where a lot of special players play. He has grown up being coached from a very young age by his family in a very unstructured way. I feel Sullivan is in the same mould though.
I actually thought Sullivan at Hooker worked well. I don't think he should play there, just that "necessity being the mother of invention" he was forced to play there, yet ironically it dragged him into the game. He was getting his hands on the ball frequently and building his confidence, vision and lived experience. Previously and understandably he was a bit standoffish. Wouldn’t mind him having another stint there between now and the end of the year, if it augments his game time and his self confidence.

Last edited:

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I actually though Sullivan at Hooker worked well. I don't think he should play there, just that "necessity being the mother of invention" he was forced to play there, yet ironically yet also dragged him into the game. He was getting his hands on the ball frequency and building his confidence, vision and lived experience. Previously and understandably he was a bit standoffish. Would mind him having another stint there between now and the end of the year if it augments his game time and confidence.
agree, he is a livewire, and having the ball in his hands playing first grade when the season is gone can only help with his development for next year and beyond

boardlumps62

Juniors
Was it Max that cracked NRL first an was covering for Rava? He went ok and Matt showed speed and skill and some determination.