What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MATT PARISH

dungay dragon

Juniors
With all the dramas swirling continuosly in the NRL Coaching ranks i find it a bit odd that this guy doesnt even rate a mention ..Has always performed well with Samoa and has now got them through to the Final against the Aussies which is no mean feat . Was assistant NSW coach when Daley was at the helm ...
Realise there was a major issue with Hadley some years back , but surely that wouldnt hinder his prospects anywhere
Is a bit of a fire brand but obviously the players enjoy playing under him
Would have to be ahead of some of the rookies and usual old brigade being mentioned
Dragons ?? Couldnt be any worse than what we have had and what we've got 🤔 🤔

Gareth67

First Grade
Dungay dragon as you have said , he has done a magnificent job with his team . The Samoans have always had plenty of heart and skill which he has now harnessed into one very good rugby league team .

Watch out Mal , his boys are coming headhunting for your
Kangaroos next week and they will need to be at their very best to hold the silver trophy aloft at games end .

jak

Bench
With all the dramas swirling continuosly in the NRL Coaching ranks i find it a bit odd that this guy doesnt even rate a mention ..Has always performed well with Samoa and has now got them through to the Final against the Aussies which is no mean feat . Was assistant NSW coach when Daley was at the helm ...
Realise there was a major issue with Hadley some years back , but surely that wouldnt hinder his prospects anywhere
Is a bit of a fire brand but obviously the players enjoy playing under him
Would have to be ahead of some of the rookies and usual old brigade being mentioned
Dragons ?? Couldnt be any worse than what we have had and what we've got 🤔 🤔
if you go back far enough you could find out were his problem lies. i don't want him anywhere near the dragons.

Crush

Coach
A little while ago it was the Pommie coach now it's the Samoan coach who next?

Talk about clutching at straws FFS.
There is a very strong possibility that the dragons will sack their current coach within the first 10 weeks of 2023.
Therefore there are multiple threads devoted to discussing who should be the next coach, after all it is a dragons footy forum and it’s an interesting discussion point wouldn’t you agree?

Old Timer

Coach
There is a very strong possibility that the dragons will sack their current coach within the first 10 weeks of 2023.
Therefore there are multiple threads devoted to discussing who should be the next coach, after all it is a dragons footy forum and it’s an interesting discussion point wouldn’t you agree?
I think that there is absolutely no chance Hook will be sacked after 10 rounds and I fully expect him to see out the entirety of his contract for 2023.

Matt Parish got notoriety for reasons other than coaching and if you look at his overall coaching record you wouldn’t consider him either.

So our club will be mulling over many names for 2024 and let’s just hope Matt Parish isn’t one of them.

Crush

Coach
I think that there is absolutely no chance Hook will be sacked after 10 rounds and I fully expect him to see out the entirety of his contract for 2023.

Matt Parish got notoriety for reasons other than coaching and if you look at his overall coaching record you wouldn’t consider him either.

So our club will be mulling over many names for 2024 and let’s just hope Matt Parish isn’t one of them.
Absolutely no chance of being sacked? I’d say if we are losing our first 5 games he’ll be under immense pressure. Our early draw is an easy one, losing to the Titans and like would spell big trouble for Hook.

SEAT 1A

Bench
He has to has some type of coaching ability however, a backward move.

Also, he looks like a sloth.

dungay dragon

Juniors

With our soft start to the year , the pressure will def be on Hook to perform or perish
if he lasts the year i will be mightily surprised .Thats my opinion , and am entitled to it
the media will be on his back more than any other Coach , as was the case for most of this season
its obvious Parishs papers are marked , but was just putting it out there
Totally agree re Meninga , the most over rated Coach by that far
. Always surrounds himself with sharp , smart assistants

BLM01

First Grade
A little while ago it was the Pommie coach now it's the Samoan coach who next?

Talk about clutching at straws FFS.
Fair point OT, but we are searching for a coach that can turn a few heads with a team that can show how to win when not expected. But I certainly do not use World Cup as a yardstick for NRL

BLM01

First Grade

What is his overall coaching record like?

BLM01

First Grade
Wait until he figures out you just need a bunch penrith players with big game experience to win matches.

Why do people fap over rep coaches? no one would sign meninga despite winning shitloads.
To be fair Meninga had a go and failed as a Canberra Raiders NRL coach
Have you seen his brainstrust with both QLD and the Roos. He just has to front up to the media and stand up and show his players the passion he had as a player

Victoire

Juniors
Daniel Holdsworth is the Samoa attacking coach, and he has the same job with Cronulla Sharks in the NRL. He'd be a great acquisition in that role... he ticks the "former player" box too for the old boys

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Daniel Holdsworth is the Samoa attacking coach, and he has the same job with Cronulla Sharks in the NRL. He'd be a great acquisition in that role... he ticks the "former player" box too for the old boys
I don't think Griffin would ever hire an AC that might be a threat to his HC position (maybe why Flanagan never got the call). Let's hope the 2 we have got will perform well above expectations.

Latest posts