What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Prior (Spoiler)

How many weeks will Prior get?

• 5 weeks

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 7 weeks

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • 9 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 10 weeks

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 11 weeks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 19 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
scaled.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
As a Dragons supporter .. I hope Prior (seen below playing his favourite musical instrument) gets a career ban.

deliverance_banjo_player.jpg

Contact to the head is illegal regardless of how it is performed, so yes this particular instance was a clear deliberate elbow and as such Prior should have the book thrown at him suspension wise, similar level to Bird's deliberate knee years back..

Do we really need these ridiculous comparisons to instances that bear no resemblance?

Let's keep them to raised forearms. Newton on Sims is the obvious one but as has been mentioned before, Russell packers one week from the test match will serve as proofs best defense.

Do we really need these ridiculous comparisons to instances that bear no resemblance?

Let's keep them to raised forearms. Newton on Sims is the obvious one but as has been mentioned before, Russell packers one week from the test match will serve as priors best defense.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have my pitchfork ready, Mrcrybabyphoto has a good ol fire buring, time for justice.

Canard

Immortal

Let's keep them to raised forearms. Newton on Sims is the obvious one but as has been mentioned before, Russell packers one week from the test match will serve as proofs best defense.

Newton on Sims??

Fire

First Grade
I wonder who the Dragons will be getting to legally represent Matt Prior as they haven't needed to go in front of the NRL 'judiciary' for some time.

To call the NRL judiciary a hybrid ad hoc tribunal is giving it too much credit. I still can't figure out if it adheres to common or civil law principles.

Good luck to his representation. They'll need to dumb down their defence and speak very slowly so the judiciary can follow their line of argument. Poor guys.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Prior to the incident Thurston was making some prior puns. I seen Prior death staring him. Prior to the Prior incident of course. But in Priors defence, he made it a priority to go into the Cowboys dressing shed & apoligise to Thurston. Prior to this game Prior hasn't shown any grubbiness whatsoever, so perhaps the judicary will see he has no prior offences & take it easy on him. But player safety is a priority so there's no way out of a suspension.

Prior to this post, the this Prior thread sucked

Danish

Referee
Would love to know how these numbskulls decide a grade 5 for Prior was not enough, while a grade 5 for Stewart on Anasta was reasonable. No doubt the fact that we aren't near the finals has played a role, as has the fact that Prior is not a chance of playing origin (you can bet your bottom dollar that if Thaiday or Watmough had put on this hit they'd be getting 2-3 weeks max)

The ARLC needs to overhaul the judiciary system IMO. They have shown to be incredibly inconsistent over the years.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
On the plus side for Prior, it means he can actually get some time away from footy to properly mourn the loss of his brother, who died in a car accident a couple of weeks ago. I wish him all the best with that - and the reality is that he should have taken a chunk of time away instead of just the one match he did take (think it was the Manly game at Kogarah).

On the plus side for the Dragons, it means we will now have a more competent player in the side for as long as he is out.

Latest posts