What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns, the Media Rape Libel and the War Against Sport - Letter to Gus

sportive cupid

Referee
Then you are a self confessed idiot, if you do not agree. You have wasted half a day trying to refute my findings with little success across 3 threads.

Bad lack lefty.
Crawl back to that ABC hole with the other f*cking left wing scum.

roflmao:lol: That is classic!

I understand that you have superior knowledge,vocab and debating skills but I have to ask-who is the other left wing scum to which you refer?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
roflmao:lol: That is classic!

I understand that you have superior knowledge,vocab and debating skills
thanks
but I have to ask-who is the other left wing scum to which you refer?

f*ckwits who use an extremely loose use of phsycho babble to excuse adults of their responsibility for their own actions.
EG.
a:I am a s**t & its my fault I got f*cked by 10 guys in the rectum.
or
b: I just got f*cked in the rectum by 12 guys who I invited, but I think its because of a social disorder I read about that I let that happen.
b

Pass the Ball

Juniors
a:I am a s**t & its my fault I got f*cked by 10 guys in the rectum.
or
b: I just got f*cked in the rectum by 12 guys who I invited, but I think its because of a social disorder I read about that I let that happen.
b

You need to either let it go or talk to 4 Corners about it..

It is not fair on you for what happened and I can feel your anger...

robertmorris

Juniors
i bet Gus feels super happy you sent this to him.

Along with the many people who have emailed Matthew and his camp their support I hope that does give them some comfort that there are real people out there who support Matthew, support truth, support justice, who wish him all the best and a quick return to a successful career.

Edit:
I strongly encourage everybody else that believes in justice to email Gus and others in Matthews camp too. Let them know he has your support, it may help him through this deeply troubling time.

Last edited:

robertmorris

Juniors
i was being sarcastic. but okay.

I wasn't.

Again, If you believe in justice, write to Gus or somebody in Matthew's camp and express your support. It may offer him some comfort to know he has the support of real people, and help him overcome the disgusting lies and slurs that have destroyed his life and career.

Kiki

First Grade
christ you are a drama queen.

he has only been STOOD DOWN from Channel 9. i bet he will be back on there by the end of the year.

dont get me wrong i think the whole thing got blown out of proportion, but some of you talk about justice as though Matty is on death row for a crime he didn't commit. get a grip.

I wasn't.

Again, If you believe in justice, write to Gus or somebody in Matthew's camp and express your support. It may offer him some comfort to know he has the support of real people, and help him overcome the disgusting lies and slurs that have destroyed his life and career.

Oh I dunno, do you think his voluntary involvement in a gangbang may have precipitated the situation he now finds himself in? I'm pretty disgusted by some of the agenda-ridden journalism that has occurred recently, but that doesn't delude me into thinking Johns is the hapless victim.

robertmorris

Juniors

he has only been STOOD DOWN from Channel 9. i bet he will be back on there by the end of the year.

dont get me wrong i think the whole thing got blown out of proportion, but some of you talk about justice as though Matty is on death row for a crime he didn't commit. get a grip.

Ok for you, and others, who do not think what Matthew has suffered is a big deal, let me try to explain what has happened to Matthew on a more personal level.

Your father is a rapist or your brother, your uncle, your boyfriend or husband... a male relative. The supposed victim tells the whole world he is guilty of a crime second only to murder, a crime so despised and hated that we send the perpetrators to super maximum security prisons for fifty five years.

All your friends, all his friends, all his work colleges, your and his neighbours, everyone he has ever meet or known, knows and thinks he is a criminal guilty of a heinous and disgusting crime.

He is sacked from his job, his career gone, and his reputation forever destroyed. And why, what for? Because somebody, hiding behind a blurred screen, with their voice distorted told a story, a story the police did not believe, and which they have declined to launch civil action over and have the courts test their veracity of their case. Nobody cared whether the story was true, what the facts were or bothers to establish the "victims" veracity, the only thing that matters is that he is rapist.

Lets not pretend it was a 4 corners report, but say a youtube video, that bounced around the internet before being picked up by the local press.

Is it still not a big deal? Would you like to be called a rapist, a murderer or be falsely accused some other heinous crime by an anonymous coward? And be happy that the whole world then gets told about it without any investigation of the merits of the accusation and they believe it?

What Matthew has suffered is a terrible and disgusting attack, and if you can't understand how fundamentally wrong that is then there is something deeply wrong with you. Do you have no empathy for the man? Do you have no sense of justice?

His reputation has not been put on death row, it has already been executed, as has his career. Maybe he can resurrect it, there is no guarantee that he can, and the odds will always be against him.

I assume that if it were you, you would be happy to wear the tag of rapist or criminal regardless of your innocence? And that you would dismiss all offers of sympathy or defence? Or do you not think that gangrape is a serious crime and that gangrapists are not really bad people after all?

robertmorris

Juniors
Oh I dunno, do you think his voluntary involvement in a gangbang may have precipitated the situation he now finds himself in? I'm pretty disgusted by some of the agenda-ridden journalism that has occurred recently, but that doesn't delude me into thinking Johns is the hapless victim.

It does not make him a rapist.

It is an enormous difference to be guilty of some moral wrong than to be slurred as a rapist.

Rape is a crime second only to murder, rapists are despised as amongst the worst members of society.

No matter if you think Johns has committed some moral wrong, and infidelity certainly is one, he does not deserve to be thrown to the dogs and libelled as a rapist.

Equating the two is an easy trap to fall into and one the media sets all the time. A moral or professional wrong is not the same as being a rapist and admitting some moral or professional wrong is not the same as admitting that you gangraped a woman.

Perhaps you or somebody close to you has done something sexually immoral that you know of. Would you be happy if that sexual immorality was held up to the entire world as evidence that you/they are a rapist? Would that tag sit well with you?

Last edited:

8Ball

First Grade

Not that I disagree with your views in this thread, but suicide is quite a big deal (making the reasonable assumption that he did contemplate it).

Kiki

First Grade
Is that a serious question? Have you been living behind a rock?

The entire story is that a group of Cronulla players, headed by Matthew Johns, gangraped a woman.

no it isn't. the story is that a gang bang occured and the girl involved felt violated and used afterwards.

the issue here is that some people feel he behaved inappropriately/ took advantage of the girl or whatever and that is a bad look for the game, hence why he was stood down.

Latest posts