What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns Show

Vee

First Grade
Did a few searches but couldn't find a thread.

Don't watch his schoolboy humour, fart and bum jokes very often, tonight might be my 2nd time I think.

A dozen beers have dumbed (note: not numbed) me sufficiently that I can watch it.

I was hoping for some interesting catchup on Lazo, what he's been up to post-politics for e.g. but all I got was Fletch and Hindy, Tweedledum and Tweedle-f**king-dumber.

Never mind, in my inebriated state, they're not as fffing annoying as they usually are.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its Fox's version of the footy show. If you went there looking for serious RL content you went to the wrong place!

Vee

First Grade
Had to be drunk to watch it but there were cowboys on after the gc had a crack..

Disgraceful, pitching to a Sydney audience with those two hasbeen wannabe comedians, stick it up your ass matty.

My world is so much better without 360, Matty Johns…even with my team running dead last, I’m a happier human.

Reactions: Vee

Vee

First Grade
After 13 beers I thought I might be drunk enough to watch but with fogarty with a busted bicep(s) and the best Fletch and hindy could come up with was wanking jokes, I shot my bolt and was done within a minute.

And I gotta say, looking at the audience, I'm not surprised these two lowbrow wannabes are popular.

Vee

First Grade
I totally get that. If I wasn't so full and the Cowboys won, there's not enough tea in China to get me there.

Ok? I'm fcking blind so I can watch this rubbish. It's a NSWankers circle jerk. We're off to a bad start.

I finished watching Roosters vs Cowboys on Kayo (which was oh so wonderful) and then it switched straight to the Matty Johns show.

My wife wanted to watch the 6pm news but said to me "you probably want to watch this right? You can if you want". My reply "nah I'm not a bogan and I'm most certainly not a NSWanker, put the news on."

Should have a drinking comp for every time Matty says "what do you reckon boys?"

Reactions: Vee

Scott

Bench
I will watch most things Rugby League related, but the Sunday night with Matty Johns is almost unwatchable. And I quite like Matty!

This Year?

Immortal
I'm going against the grain here but I like the boganess of it. Occasionally they come up with some stuff that makes me really laugh. I watch it more for the mick getting taken than anything else.
It's a shame that the players can't be themselves and they get obviously uncomfortable at any controversial question. The first time we saw a player be himself he got dragged over the coals for his "something, anything" remark.

If you want pure technical footy discussion on fox league, the best you'll get is the Matty Johns podcast. What I think Fox League really misses would be something like a "coaches corner" type show where they can be more in depth in analysis on clubs, coaches, players etc.

Generalzod

Immortal
This is what I reckon Fox should do create a show that discuss games (seasons) from the past 80'90's, I would find it more entertaining then watching Matty Johns Footy show, people love nostalgia they'll get into it....

mozza91

Coach
It’s low rent but I get a laugh out of it. I’ve seen Fletch and Hindy at the Star a few times and it’s always good value.