What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maumalo gone

Early release granted to another club not mentioned in email.

Maumalo granted early release

Vodafone Warriors winger Ken Maumalo has requested and been granted an immediate release from his contract.

The 26-year-old Kiwi international, who was signed to the end of next season, will continue his career with another NRL club.

“Ken had an opportunity to secure a long-term future for himself and his family beyond next season but we couldn’t offer anything further at this stage,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“He has made a huge contribution to the Vodafone Warriors and we wish him and his family all the best for the future.”

Maumalo’s 105th and last match for the Vodafone Warriors was in the club’s 18-34 loss to Parranatta in Brisbane on May 16.

“Ken has given the Vodafone Warriors great service across seven seasons,” said Vodafone Warriors head coach Nathan Brown.

“It was a great achievement for him this year when he joined the select group of players who have made 100 appearances for the club.”

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Change of scenery could be good for him. Looks like Brown/Gould/POS have a strategy and are starting to make some space.

Blair

Coach
He better not get homesick at the Tigers. He knows what he's signing up for, a permanent base in Sydney.

Meth

Staff member
They were desperate to sign DWZ. This'll be the end of that. At the moment, they're playing James Roberts on the wing, so I imagine we'll be seeing Maumalo line up against the Storm next week

Blair

Coach
They were desperate to sign DWZ. This'll be the end of that. At the moment, they're playing James Roberts on the wing, so I imagine we'll be seeing Maumalo line up against the Storm next week

The first week or two is always weird, when you see one of your own in opposition colours. Big Ken in Tiger town, with all that orange, black and white. OK then, I need to get ready.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Change of scenery could be good for him. Looks like Brown/Gould/POS have a strategy and are starting to make some space.

Agree and I suspect it probably involves wingers who are real wingers not metre-eaters covering for rubbish props. Ken gave us good service in that role for a couple of years but I think his limitations have always been apparent.

Grizzman

Juniors
As an interesting sidenote, both this and the Pene signing appear to have come out of the blue. In years past there would have been rumours and counter rumours, accusations and denials for weeks before we knew what was going on. It does look like the heirarchy are getting the business done without the leakiness of previous years.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As an interesting sidenote, both this and the Pene signing appear to have come out of the blue. In years past there would have been rumours and counter rumours, accusations and denials for weeks before we knew what was going on. It does look like the heirarchy are getting the business done without the leakiness of previous years.

TBah I think that has been evident for the last two or three seasons for the most part. Things tightened up around the time Jim Doyle was running things.

sup42

Juniors
Well we can safely say he will go hard for the Tigers. I will watch him this year.
Ken is very good when he has a skilled center and his confidence is up....I really want to see this guy smiling again,

He cuts a very sad figure when his confidence is low.

He just needs to get on a roll with his Try scoring and he will flourish.

Tigers pack will love him.

JJ

Immortal
Overall I think he’s been great for us

but whether he’s a good winger, who knows… fitted with Kearney-ball

Big Marn

Juniors
Last year i thought we should have made a big play for Alex Johnston when he was on the market. Him and Walsh could easily establish the same rapport he has with Walker and he has got speed to burn. Warriors missed the boat there

Meth

Staff member
Ken spoke charitably and generously post-game. Wish him well

JJ

Immortal
Last year i thought we should have made a big play for Alex Johnston when he was on the market. Him and Walsh could easily establish the same rapport he has with Walker and he has got speed to burn. Warriors missed the boat there
Yeah, agree
An honest look at Dallin’s NRL career suggests he’s no saviour

Latest posts