What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maumalo gone

waipiro

Juniors
DWZ is a hard runner who has a better skillset than Ken so thats an upgrade. He can cover centre, wing, and fullback too . Probably his best position is Fullback though......if they could convince Reece his immediate future was in the halves then it may be a good mix for 2022.

waipiro

Juniors
Quite interesting to see that DWZ and Ken both average 160m per game and also that Ken is a year older!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
DWZ would be decent but strictly as a winger. Has no business being a FB.

As for Maumalo, he was put in an awful situation, asked to be a winger when he was never developed to be one prior to first grade.

Despite that ridiculous piece of roster/talent management he made a solid go of it and succeeded more than he was set up to. No secret I've never seen him as a winger, but I never questioned his effort.

Glad he's going but wish him well.

Blair

Coach
Quite interesting to see that DWZ and Ken both average 160m per game and also that Ken is a year older!
Yeah, Dallin seems like he's been around a lot longer than Ken. That's probably to do with his high profile at Penrith. He's from there, I hope he's OK with living in Auckland. It's always a bit of a worry when these guys move away from home.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I recall DWZ playing fullback for the Kiwis a few years back and being very strong defensively.

He had a couple of really strong games but so did Kodi in the Kiwi jersey.

It's different in the week to week NRL and DWZ should be nowhere near FB in an NRL team.

Matua

Bench
Yeah, agree
An honest look at Dallin’s NRL career suggests he’s no saviour
Huh, he's had a decent NRL career for a 25 year old. Walsh aside we've been signing Oz journeymen left, right and centre, so may as well get a Kiwis captain. We can Olsen him and get him to wear the Kiwis jumper under his Warriors one.

JJ

Immortal
Huh, he's had a decent NRL career for a 25 year old. Walsh aside we've been signing Oz journeymen left, right and centre, so may as well get a Kiwis captain. We can Olsen him and get him to wear the Kiwis jumper under his Warriors one.
Imo, he’s never made fullback his own, has a lot is mistakes in him…. Can be great on his day though…. I’d not be chasing expensive wings…. But that’s just me

Matua

Bench
Imo, he’s never made fullback his own, has a lot is mistakes in him…. Can be great on his day though…. I’d not be chasing expensive wings…. But that’s just me
That's different from an honest look at his NRL career - he's a decent seasoned professional, who probably made the wrong move going to the Bulldogs. Montoya is the same age and has less than half the amount of NRL caps.

Also, has he even been brought over as a fullback?

He picked a bad time to come though, if Hiku was still around he'd finish next season as top try scorer.

nswarrior

Juniors
I hadn’t planned on Ken (a much worse version of myself) permanently and prematurely disrupting my main income stream in 2017
Gotcha bro - yeah professional sport is a tough life, young challengers always nippin at your heels.

maybe if you caught a few more bombs 💣 instead of dropping them

drugs are not cool though bro - should have tried boxing or wrestling. I hear Pail Gallen is doing great in his boxing career although this week could end it

Latest posts