What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maumalo gone

JJ

Immortal
That's different from an honest look at his NRL career - he's a decent seasoned professional, who probably made the wrong move going to the Bulldogs. Montoya is the same age and has less than half the amount of NRL caps.

Also, has he even been brought over as a fullback?

He picked a bad time to come though, if Hiku was still around he'd finish next season as top try scorer.
yeah, sorry, he's a good player... just not seeing the point of it... he wants to play fullback, and Walsh looks the goods there - yes, he's obviuously better than Montoya, no debate there

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Gotcha bro - yeah professional sport is a tough life, young challengers always nippin at your heels.

maybe if you caught a few more bombs 💣 instead of dropping them

drugs are not cool though bro - should have tried boxing or wrestling. I hear Pail Gallen is doing great in his boxing career although this week could end it

to be fair on Manu he did try boxing and looked good at it but had to give that up for medical reasons. I think that’s when things went pear shaped.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

BLN2

Juniors
Bit of a tough business decision by the looks of it. It feels like right one, for both parties really. He's a decent NRL winger for sure, but if he isn't fitting the make up for the next season and beyond, it's best for Ken to go hunting a bigger deal, which he got. Go hard Ken!

I'm just glad we're moving of Kearney Warrior ball, where the wings do props jobs. Ratuva has massive wraps, and it sounds like we're getting DWZ, which seems sketchy, but at half price and considering his experience, age and utility value, he fits in our squad makeup for next year.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I never rated Ken, but it feels like we are making ourselves worse for the rest of this season by replacing him with the likes of Kosi

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I never rated Ken, but it feels like we are making ourselves worse for the rest of this season by replacing him with the likes of Kosi
This season is a write off. Has been since we were stranded over here again.

The top 6 is so far ahead of everyone else in this comp that we are no chance of contending. Browns selections of youth show me he has also come to terms with this and the lack of pressure from owners seem to signal they are also hip to this.

This is not me being a pessimist either, it's just reality. Might as well see exactly what we have in terms of young blokes before Gus gets to work on fixing the pathways when borders clear up.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This season is a write off. Has been since we were stranded over here again.

The top 6 is so far ahead of everyone else in this comp that we are no chance of contending. Browns selections of youth show me he has also come to terms with this and the lack of pressure from owners seem to signal they are also hip to this.

This is not me being a pessimist either, it's just reality. Might as well see exactly what we have in terms of young blokes before Gus gets to work on fixing the pathways when borders clear up.

yep this season is really about surviving and preaparjng as a club for the future. I think decisions like withdrawing from the WNRL for the year recognise that too. We’ve really done bloody well just to maintain a mid-table club with some morale for these two seasons. It’s been a huge effort by all concerned.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Hmm not so sure I’d call it a write off. Are we going to win the comp this year? Of course not, but for me that doesn’t mean we chuck it on the scrap heap yet.

We should be aiming for those 7-8 positions and then going hard in the finals. Given the injuries/Covid/new signings half way through the year, making the 8 would be a pass mark. Going past that first game in the finals would be exceeding expectations.

I think we’re building - 2023 is the year I see us giving the comp a big shake up. A better half, a better hooker, another big front rower, as well as more experience for some of our rookies and I think we’re tracking well.

Big Marn

Juniors
i would say until we get the spine right we have no chance, but then we thought we had done that when we had RTS, SJ, and Luke and look how that turned out. Storm always seem to have no issues finding players for those key positions and they are well coached. I guess that might be the difference. We had SK in charge at the time, plus we overpaid for a couple of bludgers.

Matua

Bench
Hmm not so sure I’d call it a write off. Are we going to win the comp this year? Of course not, but for me that doesn’t mean we chuck it on the scrap heap yet.

We should be aiming for those 7-8 positions and then going hard in the finals. Given the injuries/Covid/new signings half way through the year, making the 8 would be a pass mark. Going past that first game in the finals would be exceeding expectations.

I think we’re building - 2023 is the year I see us giving the comp a big shake up. A better half, a better hooker, another big front rower, as well as more experience for some of our rookies and I think we’re tracking well.
Bro, we're always building. 😂 I just wish we'd get good, and stop trying to sign every piece of human trash, like Lodge, in the comp.

Latest posts