What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mbye

Tiger05

First Grade
He is in the Qld SOO team. Good luck to him and I hope he comes back a better player.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Qld selectors r not watching any tapes of tigers games.It beggars belief that this substandard impostor was selected in an origin team.Hes lucky to not b playing in c’bury cup.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Congrats. I hope you have a great game and series - but as a New South Welshman, I hope it's on the loosing side for you.......

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Eh he's hardly been in form warranting State of Origin honours obviously but hopefully he comes back a better player, so good luck to him!

List of WT Origin players:

New South Wales:
Terry Hill (2000)
Brett Hodgson (2006)
Robbie Farah (2009, 2012-16)
Keith Galloway (2011)
Aaron Woods (2013-17)
James Tedesco (2016-17)

Queensland:
Scott Prince (2004)
Moses Mbye (2019)

Lawrence (and now Matterson) have been 18th man for NSW.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Of the big 4 hoaxes no surprise that neither Brooks or the tanka moses have played origin nor do I expect either to ever get a look-in for an origin gig

Perth Tiger

Bench
Some extremely harsh markers in here.

Sounds like he is going to get mentored by Slater at fullback, Thurston at half’s play and Smith at hooker.

Anybody would get a lot out of spending a week with those guys and Mbye seems like he type of guy who would soak it all up.

Das Hassler

Bench
Slater has backed him for a long while. ..you would have to think that Thurston..Smith and Lockyer would have given their thoughts as well. The chances they havent watched him this year are zero

WA Tiger

Bench
Mbye may have banged into Mbye at Fox Sports and made a good impression...I’d say Lockyer would have been overruled

WA Tiger

Bench
It can’t hurt...He might throw that cut out pass to Jennings In future With a bit of advice from the master - instead of going it alone against Melbourne that would have iced the game for us ...

The unknown

Juniors
Not saying it won't help us in the long term, just dunno how his form warrants selection is all. He's been pretty much our main vocal point in terms of dropping players all year just ahead of Packer

I hope any tiger who puts on an origin jersey kills it and comes back a 100x better player

But my personal choice would have been Granville @ #9 with Milford or Hunt as that utility

WA Tiger

Bench
Not defending Mbye but I bet Ponga will be smashed ..I hope not coz he’s a Maori boy from NZ but he may go down

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mbye played all the Jnr QLD reps and I believe even captained a few of them. He’s been in the system for a while and Walters has been a long term fan of his. Forget what you think about his onfield perfmonce, he is thought of very highly by everyone in the game off field which would have played a big part in his selection.

I thought last year he was great for us and I was excited to see what he could bring after a full pre season. Sadly no matter which way you spin it he has been poor in all bar 2 games. To make it even worse we saw what the backup fullback did in his chance, against the team coming first no less.

Let’s hope the selection does wonders for him and he comes back at least close to the player we need him to be.