What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

redv13

Bench
So if McCulloch is a done deal is McInnes surplus to your needs? I really don’t see a fair player swap happening with the Sharks and our salary cap is screwed until ‘22. Billy Magoulis has been sounded out by you guys for a while but isn’t on enough coin. Thinking outside the square but Royce Hunt had a breakout year last year and is a Saints junior. You guys look a bit skinny for depth in the pigs imo.
Royce Hunt is a Saints junior?? Not sure about that one

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Toby has come out in the last week saying he wants to be a long term Shark (despite having agreed to terms with the Warriors mid season).Given we have a couple of big boppers coming through I’d be ok with that.... but others wouldn’t. By the way Mus.... seems a bit contradictory that you’re happy to take on Birdy and even McCulloch given the injuries they’re coming off but are convinced that a guy that has only missed 3 games in the last 4 years is on his last legs.
Where did I say I was happy to take bird?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm no math expert, but to me the real could go down in this way:
Note: big guessing on current salaries.

McInnes on 450k less what he's aready received ie 150k total left 300k for 2021
Margoulias on 150k (?) less what he's reveived (46k). Dragons chip in 150 (for McInnes) and get Margoulias and Sharks slightly in front $$ wise.

McCollough on 600k (?) Less what he's been paid 200k, Broncos chip in 150k and we end up in front for 2021.

Everybody wins!

Crush

Coach

Margoulias on 150k (?) less what he's reveived (46k). Dragons chip in 150 (for McInnes) and get Margoulias and Sharks slightly in front $$ wise.

McCollough on 600k (?) Less what he's been paid 200k, Broncos chip in 150k and we end up in front for 2021.

Everybody wins!
I do hope that we get Magoulis. We need something out of this mess.

mightydragon

Juniors

Everybody wins!
I wouldn't be swapping McInnes for Magoulias. We can get him cheap. Talakai would be the one I'd ask for. There has to be plenty of money around as they were going to pay $400k for Folau as of two weeks ago.

cb4

First Grade
I wouldn't be swapping McInnes for Magoulias. We can get him cheap. Talakai would be the one I'd ask for. There has to be plenty of money around as they were going to pay $400k for Folau as of two weeks ago.

The issue you have here, is we can say no. We have already signed Cam for 2022.
The wheels being pushed for a trade are coming from your side of the fence, not ours.
So asking for guys who we have intention of releasing won't make it an easy trade.

FTR, Billy Mag was re-signed in 2019 when he was in great cup form and was making his debut. He is on more than the minimum wage as he has been in our top 30 for 4 years.

denis preston

First Grade
So if McCulloch is a done deal is McInnes surplus to your needs? I really don’t see a fair player swap happening with the Sharks and our salary cap is screwed until ‘22. Billy Magoulis has been sounded out by you guys for a while but isn’t on enough coin. Thinking outside the square but Royce Hunt had a breakout year last year and is a Saints junior. You guys look a bit skinny for depth in the pigs imo.

Still cant believe that 4 players on maga money and giving no value for it whatsoever are having a big say on a coach that got them to the 8 the past couple of years.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Dragons now don't need another player they have McCullough more have to move McInness on now.
So to fix it as Broncs have some money need a experienced prop.
McCullough to drags
McInness to sharks
Aaron Woods to Broncs.
All on similar money and everyone happy

Dragsters

First Grade
McOuttess to play lock (at least until the JDB trial outcome is determined) with McCullough at dummy half and Hunt at 7 Norman at 6.

I reckon this is the lineup to start the season at least, then form pending.

If McCullough comes and his superior ball service can fire up our halves then it will be a good investment...

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
McOuttess to play lock (at least until the JDB trial outcome is determined) with McCullough at dummy half and Hunt at 7 Norman at 6.

I reckon this is the lineup to start the season at least, then form pending.

If McCullough comes and his superior ball service can fire up our halves then it will be a good investment...

I can't see McInnes playing another game for the Dragons personally, maybe Rd 1 against us but we might not want him to play against us, like you wouldn't want him to play against you potentially in Rd 1 if we get him before then.