What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor extension

Saint or sinner

Juniors
Just read that dragons are in negotiations to extend Mary's contract for 2 more years.. Not sure what's the rush not like any other clubs are chasing him..it was on the moles page

dragon thomo

Juniors
Absolute joke if they extend his contract. I said after the bulldogs game this year i will not be attending another game while McGregor is the coach.
The stats came out earlier that if the comp ran for the last 10 weeks of the comp we came last.
If this is what the WIN board is going to do with our club then its a sad day for real RED V SUPPORTERS.

possm

Coach
Absolute joke if they extend his contract. I said after the bulldogs game this year i will not be attending another game while McGregor is the coach.
The stats came out earlier that if the comp ran for the last 10 weeks of the comp we came last.
If this is what the WIN board is going to do with our club then its a sad day for real RED V SUPPORTERS.

This decision will reflect our new CEO's thinking and his suitability for the job. The Board would consider his recommendation on this matter. If the deal is on the table now it will be with Doust's recommendation; an effort to protect the new CEO.

possm

Coach
this will break my heart if Froghead is here for 2 more years....where the F*%^&$% s Bennett!

Where is the justification?
Where is our new CEO?
Maybe Bennett is not coming, if that is the case than hire one of the available experienced first grade coaches without a gig.

J.moz

Juniors
1st most of the year finished 7th again not good enough. With the team we have should be playing in the GF .

Overseas dragon

Juniors
dont stress guys .marys manager david riolo is trying to get in before the new board .he will have to wait ,something is in the wind so im led to believe ....just hope mary gets extended to toronto with his love child ......

Como Connection

First Grade
dont stress guys .marys manager david riolo is trying to get in before the new board .he will have to wait ,something is in the wind so im led to believe ....just hope mary gets extended to toronto with his love child ......
BJ doesn't take over until 1st November so therefore the Board changes won't happen until then.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
David Riolo who is mate of the Mole rings or text's him and says we are pushing for a 2 year extension so he can plan for his future. There's your story. probably wants a payrise too!
I cant see the Dragons pushing for the extension now.
Then Mary as the wanted product he is will say...no I will wait to see what my options are..test my worth on the open market, see what else is out there!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Definiteky sounds like the manager trying to get something moving beforw the new board takes over in full.
Plant the seed so to speak.

With all the rumours out there re: coaching changes, it would be very remiss of him not to try and secure McGregor, especially long term.

Effectively, the old board finished up yesterday with the new board commencing 1st October. BJ doesnt start his role until Nov 1st. This is a transition period and I doubt they would make any major decisions such as coaching appointments until they have a clear picture of whats has been going on and look at the financial position.

Do I want McGregor extended, hell no. Do I think he will be, unfortunately yes, but that wont happen until the new year at the earliest.

giboz71

First Grade
He’s just had his best year at the Dragons and got us within a point of a prelim. Of course he would want to discuss an extension now.

I’d like to think any decision about our future coach won’t commence till late next year but the usual lines get trotted out that the players want to know who the coach will be before they decide their own futures. That’s what Mary’s manager will be saying.

I would like to think the new Board would explore several options to be our coach in 2020. And i’d like to think if Mary wants to be considered one of those options, he should be given a goal to to exceed what the team achieved this year.

That’s a prelim or better.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Where is the justification?
Where is our new CEO?
Maybe Bennett is not coming, if that is the case than hire one of the available experienced first grade coaches without a gig.

Its not very often that several quality coaches are available at one given time.
McGqiure, Hasler, Bennett to name a few.
Hopefully, the 'extension' talk is just that ............. all talk.