What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor/Milward dynamic

Old Timer

Coach
Paul Kent is a complete knob jockey.
All this crap about spine bla bla
Players are worth what they are worth on total all round ability and what they bring to the team and it should never be governed by what number they are wearing.
Billy Smith a great half played a lot of GF's at centre with George Evans as half.
Imagine telling Billy you get less at centre than half so George will get the big $$$ and buy the way Reg you get the same as Smithy because you're a centre too.
Hey Meninga your just a centre and by the way Belcher will get the big $$$.
People need to wake up and see the reality.
Dugan brings an enormous amount of inspiration, enthusiasm, skill, heart, sole if not the most to our team and he is worth every cent.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Players are worth what they are worth on total all round ability and what they bring to the team and it should never be governed by what number they are wearing.
Billy Smith a great half played a lot of GF's at centre with George Evans as half.
Imagine telling Billy you get less at centre than half so George will get the big $$$ and buy the way Reg you get the same as Smithy because you're a centre too.
Dugan brings an enormous amount of inspiration, enthusiasm, skill, heart, sole if not the most to our team and he is worth every cent.
I Totally agree . I have been banging on about this money paid to certain positions crap forever . Your best players are your best players regardless of there numbers .

Dugan has been our best for the last 3 years and a current international . Every man and his dog knows that if Mary is coach next year and Dugan is here he will play Fullback as he should .

Millward and his Fullback v Centre money is just his way of trying to justify making our best player take a pay cut . As Kevin Walters said on 360 tonight the Dragons must keep Dugan and find a way to get it done ....End of story .

Drakon

Juniors
I know he's a big guy but are his shoes/soles that big?

possm

Coach
Dugan is one player who's form had not dropped over the past few years. So instead of having so many players coming off contract together, Dugan is one player who's contract could have been extended early in 2016.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Dugan is one player who's form had not dropped over the past few years. So instead of having so many players coming off contract together, Dugan is one player who's contract could have been extended early in 2016.

They have been trying for a long time to get duges done.
But he or his manager wanted to wait so what can the club do.

possm

Coach
If Dugan is still contemplating French Rugby, he should think again. I can't remember any rugby league player going to French Rugby and doing well. One of the most recent examples is our own Mark Gasnier.

Recruitment and coaching are 2 separate functions.

Good to see that these 2 issues have been separated.

System is working well at present.

Kudos to Millward in generally succeeding with recruitment.

Kudos to Mary for the teams performance these past 7 rounds.

The championship rounds commence today.

Crossing fingers we go the distance.

Old Timer

Coach
He must be the soul choice for fullback then!
OK Drakon tell me who is not committed and is readily available and cheaper than Dugan who we can buy to play FB and get the contract signed, sealed and delivered in the next 10 days?
We can do Dugan's today and run no risk of being left high and dry.
Out of what we have on the books tell me who has more skills at NRL level than Dugan or who has played so unbelievably well at FB in the lower grades that their form is demanding they be picked?
Will all the f**king around if we let Dugan go and don't get someone "better" than him then we will slide back down the greasy pole for a few more years.

Drakon

Juniors
Dugan is the best choice.

You are missing my jesting OT. Just toying with you re sole/soul!!

hazzbeen

Bench
Old Timer ....... This In a nut shell . ( "So Duges can you play Fullback today , I know you are getting paid as a Center . F**k You I want an extra $ 2000 to play Fullback today " ) I know this sounds a bit far fetched but the way its going they could end up only playing in their signed as positions . The whole thing is crap ....

GC Dragon

Juniors
If Dugan is still contemplating French Rugby, he should think again. I can't remember any rugby league player going to French Rugby and doing well. One of the most recent examples is our own Mark Gasnier.
It is a good point about French rugby . Dugan's manager will steer him towards the most cash to line his own pockets . But going to French rugby for 2 years then coming back a shadow of what he was at 30 years old may not be the best move long term for Duges .

I have no doubt that he won't be offered anymore than 750k by any team in the NRL and it seems like he stays a Dragon or moves to Rugby . Dugan is a elite player at the peak of his powers in his chosen sport and to throw that away would be a mistake in my opinion . I think a move to French rugby would suit his manager much more than Dugan if he has any plans of coming back to the NRL .

Divine

Bench
French Rugby is a paid holiday. A place to go to sulk and/or find a Nice french girl.

denis preston

First Grade
Who do you choose to lose if you pay Dugan 1 million ? Packer, Lafai , Mann for starters and then some other players during his contract term.