What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McINNESS .... It;s happening again

dungay dragon

Juniors
After watching a replay of last Sundays Horror Movie i noticed McInness is now duplicating the form of Rein and Young , and Robbie Farah for that matter....
Rein was virtually given his marching orders from the Dragons for this exact same issue , and wanting ridiculous money
While most of the critics have Hunt in their sights , and to a part deservedly so, the service from dummy half has been absolute rubbish ...
Our attack has become null and void due to the 3 to 4 step shuffle before delivering the ball . Its putting pressure on the first receiver as the defense is up on them before they get moving. The amount of forward passes that went undetected by Cummins were many..
Anyone watching Cameron Smith will see just how smooth the service can be from dummy half .
McInness's form early season was good but it has declined sharply as the season has progressed .
Farah has stymied the tigers attack , and has cramped up and blotted Brookes out of the attack...
Giving quick service from dummy half gets the attack rolling much easier and keeps the opposition guessing.It also then allows more time for McInness to selectively dart out with those probing runs akin to Cook at the Rabbits
We have two excellent alternatives at the Dragons in Ben Hunt and Reece Robson , but i doubt Mary will wise up and cop the tip.
After all our right side defense has been the embarrassment of the League and he has done stuff all to fix it...

Slackboy72

Coach
I have noticed he hasn't had the impact of rounds 1-7 for a while now.
He might be playing injured, I don't know, but he is also playing behind a pack that is getting beaten.
When over 90% of sets end in kicks or bombs from >40m out you can't start looking at the 7 or 9.

Redhoopz

Juniors
To be fair, he made 62 tackles before coming off with a concussion. 15 more than any other dragons player and 24 more than any doggies players. McInnes gets through a mountain of work.

My concern with McInnes is with how many silly penalties he gives away

taxidriver

Coach
To be fair, he made 62 tackles before coming off with a concussion. 15 more than any other dragons player and 24 more than any doggies players. McInnes gets through a mountain of work.

My concern with McInnes is with how many silly penalties he gives away

understood but defense is only half his job, i commented on it during the Dogs game. His service from dummy half was Rein'esque

hopefully just a blip

Slippery Morris

First Grade
this, this, f**king this

name me one player that's been coached into a better player

i once joked that Price would coach the immortal out of Johns, Ive since come to the conclusion Price was twice the coach McGregor is

You know JDB, Vaughn, Sims made their debuts for NSW this year and Aitken and McInness were in the running to make their debut's? I don't think Mary makes them into bad players , he actually does improve them but once they hit peak he has no idea how to utilise them and only has 1 plan no Plan B, C or D.

Price is the worst in history please don't bring that up again as that is disturbing to think anyone can say he is better than anyone. Mary probably 2nd worst but by a mile. Nobody can replicate the pile of $hite Price dished up. He made Mary look good when he took over and here lies the problem.

giboz71

First Grade
Player management is the issue. The same guys who are stinking it up now were world beaters the first 2 months of the season. These guys know how to win when managed correctly.

4 years in a row we’ve fallen in a heap at the end of the season. That can’t be a coincidence. That falls squarely on the entire coaching staff from Mary, to the assistants, to the conditioning guys.

It’s a science to manage your way through the rigours of an NRL season with Origin in the middle.

And we suck at it and that’s why a clean out of the coaching staff is needed.

Enough is enough

Drag Queen

Bench
After watching a replay of last Sundays Horror Movie i noticed McInness is now duplicating the form of Rein and Young , and Robbie Farah for that matter....
Rein was virtually given his marching orders from the Dragons for this exact same issue , and wanting ridiculous money
While most of the critics have Hunt in their sights , and to a part deservedly so, the service from dummy half has been absolute rubbish ...
Our attack has become null and void due to the 3 to 4 step shuffle before delivering the ball . Its putting pressure on the first receiver as the defense is up on them before they get moving. The amount of forward passes that went undetected by Cummins were many..
Anyone watching Cameron Smith will see just how smooth the service can be from dummy half .
McInness's form early season was good but it has declined sharply as the season has progressed .
Farah has stymied the tigers attack , and has cramped up and blotted Brookes out of the attack...
Giving quick service from dummy half gets the attack rolling much easier and keeps the opposition guessing.It also then allows more time for McInness to selectively dart out with those probing runs akin to Cook at the Rabbits
We have two excellent alternatives at the Dragons in Ben Hunt and Reece Robson , but i doubt Mary will wise up and cop the tip.
After all our right side defense has been the embarrassment of the League and he has done stuff all to fix it...
In the meantime.. Titan's fan want Peats gone, and Rein in. Go figure. I haven't seen much of Robson tbh. Hunt looks totally deflated so a move to hooker might not be a preference but a bloody necessity. We're in the finals so bring in the ISP halves for the Knighta game

nontime111

Juniors
Lomax and Field NEED to be in the squad full time every game or else theyll leave like Herbert did... as if theyre not going to RISE like mighty LUCH did! theyre all so competitive thats why we need them, Field can tackle now hell show this against the Knights but to me hes every bit as exciting and a match winner as Ponga, IF......given a go

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Shhh...you’ll only upset the natives.

Never in my 40 something years of supporting this great club can I recall a more OVERRATED hooker.

There’s no need to go into detail here because your post succinctly sums up McInnes’s many weaknesses.

He is a dud.

this, this, f**king this

name me one player that's been coached into a better player

i once joked that Price would coach the immortal out of Johns, Ive since come to the conclusion Price was twice the coach McGregor is
Hey, we haven’t seen Mary run the water bottles yet, Mary will be brilliant at that.

Lomax and Field NEED to be in the squad full time every game or else theyll leave like Herbert did... as if theyre not going to RISE like mighty LUCH did! theyre all so competitive thats why we need them, Field can tackle now hell show this against the Knights but to me hes every bit as exciting and a match winner as Ponga, IF......given a go
Lomax and Feild do look the goods.
But give Mary time, he will suck the life right outta them.

I said this before about Dufty, McMuppet should be pointing to him at every pre game speech and saying “pop the ball to this guy into a gap and we score”.
It’s a game plan so simple even he should be able to implement it.

Drag Queen

Bench
Shhh...you’ll only upset the natives.

Never in my 40 something years of supporting this great club can I recall a more OVERRATED hooker.

There’s no need to go into detail here because your post succinctly sums up McInnes’s many weaknesses.

He is a dud.
I hate to kick a dog when he's down but you're 100% correct. Cook is definitely a notch or two above McInnes. Rein is also a notch ahead. Amazing what a different coach can do.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I hate to kick a dog when he's down but you're 100% correct. Cook is definitely a notch or two above McInnes. Rein is also a notch ahead. Amazing what a different coach can do.

Please do NOT reference Rein in correspondence with me. Folk have accused us of being the same individual, and not only can I do without that sh*t, but you’re far more erudite than yours truly anyway.

Postscript; while Rein had a few flaws that I can understand would frustrate people, this does not mean that McInnes is a significant upgrade that plenty have claimed. If anything I miss about MR its his speed out of dummy half. In comparison CM is a tortoise.

dannyt

Coach
Please do NOT reference Rein in correspondence with me. Folk have accused us of being the same individual, and not only can I do without that sh*t, but you’re far more erudite than yours truly anyway.

Postscript; while Rein had a few flaws that I can understand would frustrate people, this does not mean that McInnes is a significant upgrade that plenty have claimed. If anything I miss about MR its his speed out of dummy half. In comparison CM is a tortoise.
Mitch!

Is that you?

Drag Queen

Bench

Haven't seen any comments connecting us. However, I've been compared to another poster who hates Widdop and the Illawarra region. Shows how erudite some posters are I guess.. Oh well.

Latest posts