What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McINNESS .... It;s happening again

You know JDB, Vaughn, Sims made their debuts for NSW this year and Aitken and McInness were in the running to make their debut's? I don't think Mary makes them into bad players , he actually does improve them but once they hit peak he has no idea how to utilise them and only has 1 plan no Plan B, C or D.

Price is the worst in history please don't bring that up again as that is disturbing to think anyone can say he is better than anyone. Mary probably 2nd worst but by a mile. Nobody can replicate the pile of $hite Price dished up. He made Mary look good when he took over and here lies the problem.
Imagine that you are comparing 2 of the worst coaches in the NRL and they both coached that Mighty St. George Dragons.
That in itself shows how low we have sunk.
The real culprits are the people who make these appointments and then extend them without any real justification.
In any case when you compare McGregor and Price, you are splitting hairs (or no hairs)

Carlton

Juniors
To be fair, he made 62 tackles before coming off with a concussion. 15 more than any other dragons player and 24 more than any doggies players. McInnes gets through a mountain of work.

My concern with McInnes is with how many silly penalties he gives away

He was on his way to making 80+ tackles for the game and many of those are taking the big guys front on, one on one. I think the question needs to be asked why is he doing so much work, who is not helping him?

After a defensive workload like that I can understand he has no gas left to make scoots. And as far as his service from dummy half, I think one of the problems is half hearted runners not timing their runs right. For a dummy half to be slick he needs his team hitting the ball like clockwork.

denis preston

First Grade
He was on his way to making 80+ tackles for the game and many of those are taking the big guys front on, one on one. I think the question needs to be asked why is he doing so much work, who is not helping him?

After a defensive workload like that I can understand he has no gas left to make scoots. And as far as his service from dummy half, I think one of the problems is half hearted runners not timing their runs right. For a dummy half to be slick he needs his team hitting the ball like clockwork.

NAILED IT !

GC Dragon

Juniors
Player management is the issue. The same guys who are stinking it up now were world beaters the first 2 months of the season. These guys know how to win when managed correctly.

4 years in a row we’ve fallen in a heap at the end of the season. That can’t be a coincidence. That falls squarely on the entire coaching staff from Mary, to the assistants, to the conditioning guys.

It’s a science to manage your way through the rigours of an NRL season with Origin in the middle.

And we suck at it and that’s why a clean out of the coaching staff is needed.

Enough is enough
Great post and 100% spot on . Everybody is bagging players right left and centre but isn't it strange that the entire squad loses form at the same time every year for the past 4 years ?
This is indeed a player management issue . Our players have been badly managed by our coaching staff and performance unit . The buck stops with the head coach who is plainly not capable of learning by past mistakes and continues to burn players out year after year . His " Fear of Failure " approach to coaching has put the club in the predicament it now finds itself .
If we lose our finals game next week Mary's record will be zero finals wins in 5 years . Enough is enough . Is there any other 5 year current coach with that record ?.
The answer is simple put the broom through the entire coaching staff and start again with a experienced coach who knows a thing or two about finals football and how to manage his squad to peek when it counts .

ps ...A quality Centre and Winger wouldn't go astray either ! .

Vinnie

Juniors
Great post and 100% spot on . Everybody is bagging players right left and centre but isn't it strange that the entire squad loses form at the same time every year for the past 4 years ?
This is indeed a player management issue . Our players have been badly managed by our coaching staff and performance unit . The buck stops with the head coach who is plainly not capable of learning by past mistakes and continues to burn players out year after year . His " Fear of Failure " approach to coaching has put the club in the predicament it now finds itself .
If we lose our finals game next week Mary's record will be zero finals wins in 5 years . Enough is enough . Is there any other 5 year current coach with that record ?.
The answer is simple put the broom through the entire coaching staff and start again with a experienced coach who knows a thing or two about finals football and how to manage his squad to peek when it counts .

McGregor has no rotation sense whatsoever and most of all does not have a PLAN B never has,never will he's just not experienced enough or good enough right now to go to that extra level .... needs time under a decent coach hopefully in Darwin somewhere ... just anywhere thats a long way from kogarah

possm

Coach
Imagine that you are comparing 2 of the worst coaches in the NRL and they both coached that Mighty St. George Dragons.
That in itself shows how low we have sunk.
The real culprits are the people who make these appointments and then extend them without any real justification.
In any case when you compare McGregor and Price, you are splitting hairs (or no hairs)
Millward what a mess

j0nesy

Bench
After watching a replay of last Sundays Horror Movie i noticed McInness is now duplicating the form of Rein and Young , and Robbie Farah for that matter....
Rein was virtually given his marching orders from the Dragons for this exact same issue , and wanting ridiculous money
While most of the critics have Hunt in their sights , and to a part deservedly so, the service from dummy half has been absolute rubbish ...
Our attack has become null and void due to the 3 to 4 step shuffle before delivering the ball . Its putting pressure on the first receiver as the defense is up on them before they get moving. The amount of forward passes that went undetected by Cummins were many..
Anyone watching Cameron Smith will see just how smooth the service can be from dummy half .
McInness's form early season was good but it has declined sharply as the season has progressed .
Farah has stymied the tigers attack , and has cramped up and blotted Brookes out of the attack...
Giving quick service from dummy half gets the attack rolling much easier and keeps the opposition guessing.It also then allows more time for McInness to selectively dart out with those probing runs akin to Cook at the Rabbits
We have two excellent alternatives at the Dragons in Ben Hunt and Reece Robson , but i doubt Mary will wise up and cop the tip.
After all our right side defense has been the embarrassment of the League and he has done stuff all to fix it...

I didn’t notice this at all. I actually thought McInness was one of the few that played ok until his concussion.

dannyt

Coach
McGregor has no rotation sense whatsoever and most of all does not have a PLAN B never has,never will he's just not experienced enough or good enough right now to go to that extra level .... needs time under a decent coach hopefully in Darwin somewhere ... just anywhere thats a long way from kogarah
You make it sound as if mary could be a good coach in the future.
He can't.

Most other clubs would not tolerate this re occurring disaster past 2 years.
Why does our management tolerate this situation.
Just a waste of time and opportunity.

Vinnie

Juniors
Most other clubs would not tolerate this re occurring disaster past 2 years.
Why does our management tolerate this situation.
Just a waste of time and opportunity.

The question we really have to ask is can it possibly be the players again ???? if so then change the lot of them !!

Or is it our coaching staff, managements ??? Well hey it's the team our coaching staff always wanted and finally got (his words) and yet it happens again. The team is the fittest they have ever been (again their words) but yet it happens again. We lost today but saw plenty of positive signs for the future and things we will work on and improve (again their words many times) Ummm where ??? downhill slide from 1st/2nd on the table to 6th and numerous losses that's the positive signs !!!!!! FU#K MEW !! Ohhh but wait maybe it's all positive from here on .... we go from 6th all the way to and convincingly win the GF !!! sorry guys i dozed off and starting dreaming.

They say once your on the field the coach can't play it's the players, Coach can't control the way they play ... So True BUT, he can control who he plays (not the same old 17 all year round no matter how bad they are playing, no change no rotation ) a good Coach also deviates and changes game plans even onfield positional changes to suit the actual game and the state of the game at the time it' called game management OHHH sorry i said a good coach, anyway move on.

yes wasted time and opportunity and it really is starting to seem to all of us that Management is prepared to tolerate it again ... Obviously they couldn't care less and we the fans just have to suffer and deal with it

Wittenberg

Juniors
McInness simply has gone backwards badly. In many ways this is understandable given the absence of Vaughan and the loss of dominance of our pack. Without making excuses for him, his tackle count grows every game but his effectiveness goes down. He gives away constant penalties and does not run. I watched Mitch in his last two games and I sighed. There was not a great difference between the two of them.

Latest posts