What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKendry charged

Blade23

Juniors
The pussy foot of the NRL has charge Sam Mckendry for touching the ref.

Roosters forward Isaac Liu and Penrith's Sam McKendry are both facing one-match suspensions resulting from Monday night's Panthers win.
Liu was hit with a grade two charge of making dangerous contact with the head/neck of Lelani Latu, and will miss one match with an early guilty plea or risks a two-game ban if he challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses.
McKendry faces a week out whether or not he takes an early guilty plea for making contact with referee Jared Maxwell late in the contest.

http://www.nrl.com/liu-mckendry-face-suspensions/tabid/10874/newsid/94969/default.aspx

It was just a little brush, Surely the peabrains running the NRL can come up with a system where a small fine and a warning for a first offence. Other than a suspension.

chrisD

Coach
Better they pin it on McKendry though if they feel the need to make examples for this rule. Him out, Lats in, no loss.

Blade23

Juniors
Better they pin it on McKendry though if they feel the need to make examples for this rule. Him out, Lats in, no loss.

Its not his loss its the principle.
Some players do lifting tackles, crusher tackles and don't even get cited. I could understand a suspension if he carried on like Klemmer did last year against Souths or he was a repeat ref feeler offender. But for a little brush its ridiculous.
Give him a warning and a small fine.

Copperhead

Juniors
It was just a little brush, Surely the peabrains running the NRL can come up with a system where a small fine and a warning for a first offence. Other than a suspension.

It was nothing, but with the amount of coverage this action has had, you'd think a player would know to keep his hands off.

With the way Griffin is selecting the team at the moment, it looks like he's giving each of the pack a weeks rest. Matagi, Peachey, Latimore, now it will be McKendry's turn.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
If any player has gotten off this year, then he should/will also.

Although the judiciary is a shambles.

Kilkenny

Coach
The inconsistency of the N.R.L judiciary is farcical. Either find all guilty of such an offence or no one. Really is a joke.

mxlegend99

Referee
This is such a load of shit. Greenburg ensures Bulldogs players get off their charges or cop massively reduced sentences. Some other player does the same thing and he's made an example of.

Thurston also did the exact same thing. No charge at all. How is this shit fair?

I don't think we will miss Sam. But it still pisses me off that our players are held to a different standard

Kilkenny

Coach
This is such a load of shit. Greenburg ensures Bulldogs players get off their charges or cop massively reduced sentences. Some other player does the same thing and he's made an example of.

Thurston also did the exact same thing. No charge at all. How is this shit fair?

I don't think we will miss Sam. But it still pisses me off that our players are held to a different standard

I still recall with anger a time some years ago when Gordon Tallis king hit Ben Ross after an scrum break up. Worst king hit, dog act, imaginable. No case to answer for Gordy. Ben Ross same season, high tackle, outed for about 8 weeks if I recall. Ben Ross was not a dirty player but when you play for the Panthers there is set of rules for us and when you play for high profile side then the results speak for themselves. Will never change.

TheFrog

Coach
I still recall with anger a time some years ago when Gordon Tallis king hit Ben Ross after an scrum break up. Worst king hit, dog act, imaginable. No case to answer for Gordy. Ben Ross same season, high tackle, outed for about 8 weeks if I recall. Ben Ross was not a dirty player but when you play for the Panthers there is set of rules for us and when you play for high profile side then the results speak for themselves. Will never change.

The Tallis meltdown was Round 1, 2003. He would have hit Ross at least a dozen times and both of them were sent to the bin, but no-one was charged. I would have thought it was worth about 12 weeks. Not really a king hit but certainly a series of haymakers and by no means a good look. The Ross suspension was the following year, I think Round 19 against the Raiders, he didn't play again that season.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Whats the difference between these two pictures?

1461149442416.jpg

CgdndLsXEAA7K_f.jpg:large

Answer: 1 Week.

TheFrog

Coach
I think the Penrith club should seek clarification as to why its player was suspended, when another player was exonerated, and another again not even charged.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What joke decision, I'm an Easts fan so I can sympathise with you guys over this dog shit decision. Sam Moa got done last year when he was basically joking with the ref after he almost scored.

The yak

Juniors
Yet players that deliberately trip get off.

How is McKendry's ref touching any different to Klemmer & Foran getting off earlier this year.
On that note they should charge the ref for shouldering Wallace in the same scene.

Kilkenny

Coach
All the fans expect of our NRL judiciary is that they are consistent in there decisions. Sadly this is not the case and they are largely shambolic and a joke. Given they have such an easy job for the most part it is hard to fathom how they can consistently get it wrong so often.