What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McLinden retires

shear_joy9

Coach
A neck injury has forced former Canberra Raiders five-eighth and rugby union convert Mark McLinden into early retirement.

''My first few games playing for the Green Machine, a team I grew up loving, playing for them was my dream and making that dream come true was pretty special. Playing with guys like Laurie Daley and Ricky Stuart and playing against players like Allan Langer and Andrew Johns, you realise how lucky you've been,''
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...ain-in-the-neck-mclinden-retires/1673944.aspx

wish him all the best for the future. It was dissapointing when he left, he could have been an all-time great for the raiders.

aussies1st

Staff member
Sad to see, it was good still being able to see him run around despite not being in the green jersey.

Noa

First Grade
Good luck with whatver you do Mark. I hope some-one who covers league gives him a shot, one of the most impressive players Ive seen in front of the cameras.

Loved watching him play , one of my faves of recent years.

He seemed to have some big injuries , a pretty bad back injury from memory

all the best Marty

mongoose

Coach
He should have been our fullback after Mullins left. He didnt have the organising skills or defence to play in the halves plus his long kicking game was sh*t. On the other hand he was one of the most exciting players in the league when he ran the ball. I remember a game against the broncos in his rookie year where he tore them up through the middle. It was something like his 3rd game in first grade as well.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I loved watching him go around, and when I found out he was leaving us I don't think Iv ever been that sad about a player moving on. He's f*cken funny too, I remember he was in an episode of that game show with that ugly red haired woman and he gave her sh*t the whole night was hilarious! "Goodbye"

Noa

First Grade
I loved watching him go around, and when I found out he was leaving us I don't think Iv ever been that sad about a player moving on. He's f*cken funny too, I remember he was in an episode of that game show with that ugly red haired woman and he gave her sh*t the whole night was hilarious! "Goodbye"

:lol:, You are the weakest link...Good bye.

I remember him calling her Morag during the show.