What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McNabb released

Raider_69

Post Whore
Looks like Donny Mac will be sent packing from his 3 organisation in 3 years.

Is it time for him to hang up the boots, or has he still got something to offer?

No way he retires imo, which is a shame, as he's already tarnished a pretty good career, but since he's going to Farve it up, who bites?

I could see the bears and texans being interested

DC_fan

Coach
McNabb is finished. Everyone knows that except the next NFL team that signs him, and one will.

Raider_69

Post Whore
no way the colts do anything that might sacrifice suck for luck

i dont think mcnabb changes anything for them, i dont think he's any better than painter at this point of his career but why would you risk him coming in, playing at a high level, which he has for long stretches of his career, and coming in as a starter throwing to Wayne, Clark and Garcon, which i still think is a good WR group and winnning some games late to cost you andrew luck?

Eelectrica

Referee

i dont think mcnabb changes anything for them, i dont think he's any better than painter at this point of his career but why would you risk him coming in, playing at a high level, which he has for long stretches of his career, and coming in as a starter throwing to Wayne, Clark and Garcon, which i still think is a good WR group and winnning some games late to cost you andrew luck?

To avoid going completely winless? They've got one more real chance at a win against the jags in the final round.
If they haven't won by then, the first round draft pick would be safe.

one tree hill

Juniors

I'm sure i read somewhere Luck can stay another year if he wants.

Ladmate

Bench
I hope Luck stays another year, then I can laugh at the blatant tanking of the Colts. On the topic of McNabb, do people think he can lead them to 2 wins? McNabb is finished, probably at Painter's level.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yes he can, i dont think he will unless he doesnt want to go to indy
and im not sure why he wouldnt want to go there, they are a stable organisation, who will likely have a new coach with fresh ideas, as long as they make the right appointment, they've got a good ownership set up, they look after their QB's money wise if he's good enough, the same roster a year ago was a SB contender, all they need is a quality QB, if Luck thinks he's a quality QB and the colts make the right moves in the coaching department, i dont think he'll stay in

legend

Coach
McNabb wasn't claimed on the wire so my guess is he'll land in Chicago by the end of the weekend.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree but i think he suits houston's game more, lean on the run, play action off Foster to Dre Johnson, Owen Daniels.
i think he could do well in that system

Martz system at the bears doesnt suit him imo.

If he lands in Houston i recon they are right back in the talk for AFC championship

Jono078

Referee
How's Houston different to what we were trying to do?

I think Chicago suits him better, will give him a chance to throw to who he sees open and more passing opportunity rather then relying on him to be a 3rd down converter after using the running game on the first 2 downs.

kurt faulk

Coach

nobody suits him. unless bouncing balls into the ground is somehow a completion now. i think the teams have seen enough of him to work out he is done.

Latest posts