1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

ME Stadium

Discussion in 'WARL' started by gallagher, May 20, 2010.

1. gallagher

gallagher Juniors

Barnett just announced an $82.5 mil upgrade of ME stadium with a capacity of 25,000, construction starting 2012. Another 5,000 would have been good and construction should be starting now but anythings an improvment I guess. It can only help the bid.

2. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

60 mill less than promised! Still with this Govt anythings a bonus I guess. Considering netball just got $25mill to build an indoor court it doesn't seem much considering 3 of the cities major teams will be playing in it.

Hopefully will pay for a new main stand and the uncovered end covering over with permenant seating.

I'd like to see the Shed extended to cover the whole standing end as well then it would just leave the demolition and rebuild of the exisitng main stand for the future to bring it up to 30,000.

3. Alehana

Alehana Juniors

finally this thing has taken ages!! good for the bid, hopefully with strong crowds to remaining nrl matches, who knows...

4. gallagher

gallagher Juniors

Would the main stand be heritage listed?

5. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

I doubt it. The gates at the front of the stadium are but the main stand isn't (as far as I know). Given they've just pulled down the Athletics stadium in Floreat that has far more heritage attached to it I doubt it will be an issue

6. 1 Eyed TEZZA

1 Eyed TEZZA Coach

What kind of money does the WA Gov have to throw around?

Surely a stadium like Skilled or AAMI Park isnt out of the question for Perth?

AAMI has Storm, Rebels, Victory and the Heart playing out of it.

Perth could have the Reds, Force and the Glory.

7. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

they have just paid out $450mill for an entertainment centre! $250mill surplus this year and next and tipped to be closer to $1bill by 2012. They aren;t skint despite what they'd like us to think!

If they are talking $260mill to upgrade MES they should just knock it over and build a AAMI style ground at Burswood.

8. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

What was in the budget: