What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media agenda

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems the media is going to all out war with Greenberg and the nrl. The charge is being led by Kent as usual and there has been a number of false or misleading stories in the last week discrediting the game. I’m not seeing anything like the same sht being thrown at the afl despite them having even more revenue than the nrl. What’s at play, what’s the agenda?

nrlnrl

First Grade
Seems the media is going to all out war with Greenberg and the nrl. The charge is being led by Kent as usual and there has been a number of false or misleading stories in the last week discrediting the game. I’m not seeing anything like the same sht being thrown at the afl despite them having even more revenue than the nrl. What’s at play, what’s the agenda?
Fair enough, but I didn't see it that way. I thought Paul Kent has been better (seems to have a good relationship with Peter V'landys) & the Fox League guys have been positive. Channel 9 seem to be pushing the negativity from all angles through tv & Fairfax publications.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
From where I’m standing again it’s portrayed as either the nrl fault or the players are being greedy. The gutless media are to scared to tell the truth.

What about the clubs?? You want mismanagement, salary cap cheating, drug possession, inflated football departments, overpaying players, multiple ceo/chairman’s look no further than the clubs. It’s disgusting that no journalist is willing to be honest

We need the clubs to open there books. They honestly feel like they are the benchmark.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fair enough, but I didn't see it that way. I thought Paul Kent has been better (seems to have a good relationship with Peter V'landys) & the Fox League guys have been positive. Channel 9 seem to be pushing the negativity from all angles through tv & Fairfax publications.

Hes put out stories about clubs going broke despite no evidence they will
He put out a story about the NRL pandemic expert being wrong in shutting up the game
He put out a misleading story about the games admin costs
He put out a misleading story about the players fund being missing
Hes put out a story today blaming Greenburg for the games spending (anyone who knows business know the commission have to sign off on the annual budget every year and set the strategic priorities for spending)

In fact just looked through two weeks of news googles and I can find a single one where he hasn't had a go at the game in some way other than a puff piece on V'landys ( I think he must be in debt to him in some way!)