What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media conference-Panthers

scottyeel

Bench
POST MATCH PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT - EELS V PANTHERS
9.54am, Monday 7 July 2008

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pirtek Parramatta Eels head coach Michael Hagan and captain Nathan Cayless face the media following Sunday’s 22-16 loss to the Penrith Panthers at Parramatta Stadium.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: Hages would it be fair to say that was a pretty flat performance?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael Hagan: I think we lacked a bit of energy in the game for some reason. I thought we started poorly and made it hard for ourselves after that, to get ourselves back in the game, although I thought we gave ourselves some chance to get back in the game in the second half but (we) came up with one poor read in the defensive line which led to their last try.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We probably just ran out of time and a couple of chances in the end I thought. But I thought they played very well and deserved to win.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: How frustrated are you getting Hages playing this sort of game?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MH: I guess it’s frustrating for everybody, but I guess in some cases we’re sort of waiting for some things to happen and I think that’s how the first half looked. We thought we’d be ok but they skipped away to 16 points. And they’re a quality team and they’ve got some players that can worry you with the football, which we knew, and they did that pretty well.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: I guess we’re all waiting for you guys to click – do you get that feeling as well?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MH: Yeah, in some ways. But you know this week to week and the quality and the toughness of the competition, most teams are a chance of winning on the day and they I thought played with a little bit more energy and a bit better execution than we did and as I said they deserved to win.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: Nathan does it get hard waiting for things to click? Week to week it’s the same old story.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nathan Cayless: Yeah, we worked really hard in the second half to get ourselves back in the game and gave ourselves an opportunity but just for some reason our concentration at crucial times of the game, that’s what hurt us today. And they were good enough to capitalise on that. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: Michael can you tell us what happened with Hindy today – he wasn’t going to play?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MH: Early in the week he hurt his foot, which is a separate injury to his toe, which he struggles with every week. Thursday he was definitely not playing and then yesterday the injury had settled down quite a bit and there was no concern of additional damage and he was happy to play and got through our session yesterday morning. It was probably a late call when Chad Robinson stirred his back up and pulled out, so Hindy felt obliged to put his hand up and typically did that for us and played 80 minutes again this afternoon. Fairly courageous effort from him to get out and play 80 minutes of footy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: Is the confidence still in the squad Nathan? You have a loss like this when you were starting to make headway on the leaders how much does a loss like this set you back?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NC: Not too much, we’ve got to pick ourselves up and go again next week, it’s going to be a tough game next week. We’re probably lucky in one sense that the competition’s so close, but we’ve got to win those games that we expect as a team to win and do well in. We just gave them a few too many leg ups in the first half, they had us under a lot of pressure and they were able to convert that into points, which was a bit disappointing. But it was a great effort in the second half to get back in the game.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1822.shtml

Avenger

Immortal
The sooner these 2 emotionless clowns leave our club the better.

F*ck they piss me off.

V1er

Juniors
If after 17 rounds we still havent clicked we're in some trouble, The Players really should have clicked around round 5.

spiderdan

Bench
a team playing without consequences will struggle to set the world alight.

two months out from the play-offs and having snuck into the eight with a string of sub-standard performances, we had a chance yesterday to make a stand and to kick-start our run to the finals. if we keep going like that we may not even get there.

saw it on parra tv, Hagan has no answers infact he does't see any problems.
Maybe if fans stop turning up and the club can't afford his wages maybe then he will see some problems.

Avenger

Immortal
He is a joke of a coach. A f*cking joke. He will be remembered as the worst coach that has ever coached us. The worst. After this gig he will NEVER coach again. He can then concentrate on his weekend newspaper articles that no bastard reads.

What a dufus, Denis for the love of god, sack him and save a bit of face.

Gronk

Staff member
He is a joke of a coach. A f*cking joke. He will be remembered as the worst coach that has ever coached us. The worst. After this gig he will NEVER coach again. He can then concentrate on his weekend newspaper articles that no bastard reads.

What a dufus, Denis for the love of god, sack him and save a bit of face.

I'm thinking you don't like him then ? :lol:

murraymob

Coach
if you video hagan in 1 interview you coud just play it back at the end of every game.Nearly word for word the same things said every week

booeycollector

Juniors
I'm trying so hard........but I'm starting to loose it with this f&^king club....I'm not sure what to say after reading that dribble. I just wish we had a coach and captain that would show some balls and start f&^king throwing things or something......for christ sake show some pride in this (once)great club........if I could find anything but a f&*cking butter knife I would cut my throat..............:crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If I were Hagen I'd be spitting blood after that poor performance, yet he just seems to accept it.

eel4life

Juniors
from last year we lost Hindmarsh, Tahu and Tim Smith.

This year we have no spark, we have nothing ... even if we go on a run which is not going to happen, what are we going to say at the end of the year ...

Manly are fit, thats why they are in games and thats one of the main reasons they do so well, and at the back end of games they out last other teams.

we are under pre-pared and we again with a talented team that can fairdinkum win the whole comp have to be told, we need to re-build the team.

98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, and now 2008 wasted years.

If we played well and lost the game i could hack it, i could say ok the better team won and thats ok, but not like this, not this crap ...

Snoochies

First Grade
If we played well and lost the game i could hack it, i could say ok the better team won and thats ok, but not like this, not this crap ...

If we finish the year playing well under our potential, it will feel like the biggest waste of my time supporting these blokes. I subscribed to Foxtel so I didn't miss a game. I wonder if the players actually understand how many fans they have out there, that put in money to watch these blokes play, who spend good dollars on jerseys and merchandise. For them to chuck on a Parra jersey is an everyday event, but some hardcore fans have to pay over $160 for a jersey but the fan WEARS IT WITH PRIDE! I will be mighty peeved off if we don't play to our potential. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Did Hagen and Cayless show up or did the Reporters just copy and paste what they said after the sharks loss??

eel4life

Juniors
If we finish the year playing well under our potential, it will feel like the biggest waste of my time supporting these blokes. I subscribed to Foxtel so I didn't miss a game. I wonder if the players actually understand how many fans they have out there, that put in money to watch these blokes play, who spend good dollars on jerseys and merchandise. For them to chuck on a Parra jersey is an everyday event, but some hardcore fans have to pay over $160 for a jersey but the fan WEARS IT WITH PRIDE! I will be mighty peeved off if we don't play to our potential. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Snoochies what kills me is that we have a team that can win the premiership, they just do not want to, there is no motivation, there is nothing coming from the coach, if there was then we would have won it.

Smithy is cursed, he can get you ready for one, he just can't win one.

98, 2001, 2005 ... any of these 3 years we should of won it, but no other teams did .. broncos, knights and tigers ... no disrespect to the tigers but ... they win a premiership yet still lose to us 2 times in the same year ..

our clubs motto is

COULD HAVE ....
SHOULD HAVE ....
WOULD HAVE ....

forward pass

Coach
The problem is we have a negative game plan and only start to play football when we get too far behind.

I can't understand why? When we move the ball, we look good but they don't seem to be able to because everyone just wants to take hit ups.

Having Mateo at five-eighth is our biggest problem imo. He is not going to pass the ball out. It is not his go at all. He wants to run and pop a pass so the ball is just not getting out to the flanks !

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mateo Needs to play a little wider when we have the ball ala Frank Pritchard...

Redback71

First Grade
The thing is there was so many quality coaches on the market this year, wonder who we could have got if we chased hard enough. With the tallant at the club i dont think it would have been that hard to get someone like bennet.

But then again with Fitzy in charge that is never going to happen. Fitzy is a dominant personality and would never hire a coach with a dominant personality, hence Hagan and Smith before him, a bunch of yes men how high do you want me to jump sir.

We need a coach with a bit of passion and mongrel someone like Stuart, Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler then this team with amazing potential will fire up. We should have won 5 grandfinals by now in the last 10years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y2Eel

First Grade
What about When NSW lost Game 3 this year Bellamy looked like he was about to cry...

Bloody Hagen would have been oh well never worry...

Latest posts